Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

AI server

GKilat

Suggestion Name: AI server

Suggestion Description: A small server with AI traffic in it like in single player

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: This is more of an alternative servers for players with different preference of immersion. A small server (a 500 capacity server is sufficient or even lesser than that if necessary) with AI in it would make it more realistic driving experience for players because AI actually follows traffic rules no matter what and traffic lights are actually useful.

So why play TMP when you can do SP for that? It's about combining the best of both worlds which is the more populated, varied and ordered world of SP traffic with the MP factor of driving along with friends and other people. If EU2 ETS server can accommodate thousands of trucks at the same time, I don't see how a small AI server can't do the same even with AI vehicles being factored in especially since I doubt it would actually be as popular like the other current servers are.

The problem is, when you play single player with AI traffic the game only loads traffic around you the player. If TruckersMP would make a server with AI traffic it would have to sync with the entire map + with all other players and yourself. It would require a lot of resources for the server and majority of the people would still only be playing EU2 so in my opinion I don't see the point of this.

Hello,

This certain suggestion was suggested and rejected previously.

Please use the search function before creating suggestions. :) 

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/search/

Have a great day or night! ;)

- Chev.

Edited by Haulin' It! l Chev

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

22 minutes ago, Riley [EN-US] said:

The problem is, when you play single player with AI traffic the game only loads traffic around you the player. If TruckersMP would make a server with AI traffic it would have to sync with the entire map + with all other players and yourself. It would require a lot of resources for the server and majority of the people would still only be playing EU2 so in my opinion I don't see the point of this.

Oh now I see the problem. I didn't think about AI traffic having to be in sync with everyone. I really do wish SCS release an official MP because the current MP is too limiting to add some very interesting features.

You do know other small and barely used servers are online like the HK one, right? I don't think that's a problem or otherwise HK server would have been permanently offline or cut down the EU servers to just 2.

26 minutes ago, Spintires said:

The server is free for us,we shouldn't have too much demand,XD

Well that's why I was asking for the smallest and cheapest server.

Hello,

I think it's impossible , because the trafic need to be an IA. But the problem, to synchronize theses IA to the server, the server need to comunicate with theses, so, if 1IA=1Player..?

And the synchronization between players and IA can have problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un passé lourd, une longue histoire, un vécu toujours existant avec la tête haute de nos jours.

Avoir une vie comme un développeur, et ne vivre que de sa passion pour rendre heureux les autres, n'est qu'une activité banale pour n'importe qui.

Si l'on veut écouter les autres, dans nos rêves, nos envies, on peut toujours avoir de l'aide, mais il ne faut jamais écouter les mauvaises langues de bois.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will not implement AI traffic. The purpose of MP is to play with other players, not with AI.

This has been suggested a few times in the past, so please use our search function.

Rejected.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.