First days on MP - I am really confused

Jaegermaster

4 hours ago, 1marvix said:

I feel for you, as I am new to MP as well. My first trip on euro2, was my last. Not funny, not real and overall a racing sim.  I am going to be recording and hopefully everyone will make an impact in weeding out the ones who 

need to go back and play GTA.   I will be adding "REC" in my tag as well. Not sure what is the point of cars in a truck sim anyway?  Keep plugging at it, as a former real world professional driver, (with zero accidents) no one

should have the right to take your enjoyment away and luckily most people on here actually help out and play nice.

Solution is easy select EU#1, you won't see cars there since they aren't allowed on EU#1 and 80-90% less trolls and rammers there, if you love the simulation, you won't mind the speed limit of this server, this is why there's not many people, sadly most of the player base think this game is Need For Speed for trucks, the real simulation lovers drive on EU#1 wish there was more.

76561198104067447.png

Follow the tutorial if you get ******. Use the job results to calculate job losses.

To all the people that keep saying it's not a racing game:

ETS2 is a truck simulator. If people wish to use the truck simulator to simulate truck races, they should be able to do so without being criticized. Trucks have a very unique way of handling when compared to a normal car, you can't just keep telling people to go play a racing game like need for speed or some ****, some people want this kind of experience.

12 hours ago, Delta_1 said:

Follow the tutorial if you get ******. Use the job results to calculate job losses.

ETS2 is a truck simulator. If people wish to use the truck simulator to simulate truck races, they should be able to do so without being criticized. Trucks have a very unique way of handling when compared to a normal car, you can't just keep telling people to go play a racing game like need for speed or some ****, some people want this kind of experience.

It is not so much the speeding as it is people speeding, unsafe passing and crashing into others. Many speed, but also many crash and cut up other members. That is what the issue is, regardless i'll stay off Euro2 as I do not see this as a racing game.

• Translation Manager

@Jaegermaster first, welcome to the forum and the game :) 

The trollers are the common issue of the game actually. They even don't think what the people feel when they doing this. The best advice I can give you is only playing in EU 1 server or buy the map DLC's like Scandinavia or France and play in that DLC's. At least you don't find that many trollers on that server and DLC's. I know it makes you stop playing but you can report them and just stop them making more trolling. 

76561198324253072.pngstatus.png

18 hours ago, Delta_1 said:

Racing is forbidden according to the rules, as far as I read?!

Have you ever thought about the people who are forced to dodge you and crash therefore? If you can handle your truck at high speed doesnt mean that the others are safe if you are endangering the whole environment?!

I don´t want to offend you, but i really wonder a little about this posting!

^ This kind of person should be banned forever, if they think this game is a racing game and people should have the right to race and speed and calls everyone that can't dodge them bad drivers, they are the ones that need to get out of the multiplayer, we shouldn't have to learn to dodge racers, this game isn't a racing simulator.

76561198104067447.png

19 hours ago, Delta_1 said:

Sorry, but if you want to race, play a racing game. ETS2 or ATS are nothing about that. Players who decide to race on the roads in ETS2MP or ATSMP won't be just criticized, they'll be banned.

A couple of truck racing games:

http://www.gameformulatruck.com/en/index.html

http://store.steampowered.com/app/256070/Truck_Racer/

In case you don't see the difference: In a racing game, all players are racing. In ETS2MP or ATSMP, only those in the race would be racing, most of the other players will be just driving their trucks, delivering their cargoes. Players in the race would be a risk to all others (and to themselves), that's why it's forbidden.

50 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Sorry, but if you want to race, play a racing game. ETS2 or ATS are nothing about that. Players who decide to race on the roads in ETS2MP or ATSMP won't be just criticized, they'll be banned.

A couple of truck racing games:

http://www.gameformulatruck.com/en/index.html

http://store.steampowered.com/app/256070/Truck_Racer/

In case you don't see the difference: In a racing game, all players are racing. In ETS2MP or ATSMP, only those in the race would be racing, most of the other players will be just driving their trucks, delivering their cargoes. Players in the race would be a risk to all others (and to themselves), that's why it's forbidden.

40 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

For truck racing games, there's a nice one that I plan to get soon (maybe in the steam summer sale), its a DLC for Automobilista, its called Formula Trucks and its multiplayer compatible (not for truckersmp but they have their own multiplayer) http://store.steampowered.com/app/550800/Automobilista__Formula_Truck/

Do you guys just ignore reviews when buying games?

Also I love how you guys are taking what I said completely out of context. I said "ETS2" not "ETS2MP". I am talking about how people claim that ETS2 is in no way a racing game and the games' mechanics, I am not talking about racing in multiplayer.

^^ I didn't buy any of them, nor intended to, already own racing games (car racing games) so I don't need any more.

And these are the MP forums, so people usually refer to anything related to MP. Now, what sense does it make to race in ETS2 single player? No other vehicles will be racing you, you can drive as fast as you want, but you can't call that racing... And if your concept of racing is that, driving as fast as you can, lots of people are doing it in MP currently, I see them all the time. But for most people (IMO) racing means several vehicles trying to beat each other in a route to a destination. 

You could invest in OBS its free to download and use it can record gameplay along with in game sounds and your mic sounds and the videos can be uploaded to youtube and can be used for evidence in a report you file I wish you the best of luck in truckers mp might make a suggestion of going on the smaller servers and run on them until you get used to the MP part of both games then try to do bigger servers afterwards. 

https://obsproject.com/

recording program

The best tag you can probably add is your twich.tv channel or your plays.tv channel address, I've started streaming my gameplay on twitch and its easy to do it with OBS, I also use Plays.tv for its ease of use and easy to send clips for reports, I've setup a key to record the last 2 minutes of gameplay, if someone rams me, block the road or anything, I press that key, and I have the proof I need for the report, if the guy teleport and think I can't do /pinfo on him, I have his number recorded and can /pinfo quickly anyways.

76561198104067447.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived