First days on MP - I am really confused

Jaegermaster

I am a little confused and i am close to stop playing mp.
I had several issues with driving on a Country road, where i was driving correctly on the right side. (not england) when trucks where steering directly into me. They said that i was on the wrong side, but i wasnt. I saw them aproaching and suddenly they came from their side, changed lane and steered into me. I have a Ping of 30ms so this should not be an issue?!

Another thing was a trip to UK where i was getting no money because i should have had wrecked my trailer, but i am shure it didnt get a singel touch but the screen showed me 33% damage?

After overtaking a group of cars, they came back from behind after a minute and run into me and pushed me into the right border - two cars - and dissapeared then immediately?!

Last but not least, there are so many users crashing into others (me) on purpose, driving with 100 km/h though the street, or making donuts on the Loading zones?

So i spent tenthousands on my fresh started game for Repairs i didnt cause, get f... up by others who drove like crazy

So what is this all about? People telling me they will report me, but i did nothing wrong? I am waiting for my first ban even if i am really driving carefully and can shurly handle my truck?! On SP i have nearly no issues with accidents, but here? no one is taking care for street signs and the normal driving rules and at the end i will get banned because of accidents i didnt know how they happen? How can i have fun when i try do drive carefully but have to live with the fear of getting kicked for issues i cannnot control?

Hello,

Welcome to forum , my recommendation is that you record and report. 

You can download savegame with money and with XP and you will not have problem :)

Welcome to TMP (TruckersMp) visit ets saves games on google, download one but make sure read incase you dont have DLC's what that profile might have, i do that saves me a lot of hassel, but also make sure record if stuck for recording visit plays.tv that runs in the back ground and should not cause any fps to drop

Janty

Unfortunately you will meet quite a few trolls in multiplayer.  The best thing you can do is to just record your gameplay and report those that break the rules (I love doing this and watching the rage on my youtube channel).  If you keep having an issue with trolls and bad drivers, perhaps try the EU1 server since it's a bit more realisim focused than EU2 is.

is this really so serius, that i have to proof all of these things? and at the end of every session i must take hours for cutting videos and uploading all my stuff?
by the way, for me is the development also part of the game so money and XP matters to me, thats why i did not use a prefab safegame...

This all has more the taste of sailing close to the wind than playing a game for having fun?

20 minutes ago, Jaegermaster said:

is this really so serius, that i have to proof all of these things? and at the end of every session i must take hours for cutting videos and uploading all my stuff?
by the way, for me is the development also part of the game so money and XP matters to me, thats why i did not use a prefab safegame...

This all has more the taste of sailing close to the wind than playing a game for having fun?

No, you do not have to record. It is your own choice whether you want to do it or not. You can also use the in-game report system, and, if an administrator is online, they will deal with it right there and then if they see the user breaking the rules. Unfortunately, there are many rule-breakers in-game and sooner or later you will have to somehow recover from when they decide to ram you. Your choices are to either add money to your account or simply load an autosave that will load you to a place before the accident, with all your money still intact.

Hello,

As stated above, highly recommended that you do record whenever need and to report those who violate the rules using the in-game report system and the website report system.

Here are some helpful topics that will assist you on multiplayer and you do take the risks associated with the community as soon as you log into multiplayer.

If you have any other questions or concerns, you can always use the search function on the forums for more information.

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/search/

Have a great day or night! ;)

- Chev.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Welcome new Trucker...^^´

Yes the MP can be a shock to new players.

They maybe first have to play more on EU1 or EU3 to get used to the MP.

Read the rules and keep to it then they should be on the safe side.

They will encounter many players who will not stick to it but that should not make them unsafe if they are sure they have done everything right.

I wish you for the future good luck and fun in the MP...  ;)

Hello @Jaegermaster

Welcome to the game and the forums.  Don't worry! Not all of us are like that.  Most of us are respectful drivers.  Please don't let them give you a sour taste of what is actually an amazing community.

I suggest that you should pull over by the side of the road say 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 of the way through the journey and make a save.  Make sure you are off the road so you don't spawn onto the road which causes accidents.  You can load these saves (unless you're on an external contract) which will allow you to revert back to an earlier stage with less or no damage.

Which kind of graphics card do you have? If you have an Nvidia GTX card you can use shadowplay/share which allows you to save the last 5mins of your gameplay with a single press of a button.  

ok, so i have to take videos, thats better i guess, just to cover my a..!

I mean i am grown up and have children and i have some understanding in and for strange behavior, but this is all somehow a littel strange to me.. just wanted to have a good time and not playing police..I do not have much intentions to report stupid behavior, but i think as shown today i have to protect myself, as i was accused of doing something wrong..

But just to mention, i read the rules and i was mostly on EU1 and Eu3.

@Jaegermaster EU2 is the busiest server.  Enter EU2 at your own peril.  I would stay away from the Calais-Duisburg road.   EU1 and 3 are a lot calmer.

As long as you play safe and follow the rules, you will not be banned.  Most people type reported in chat for no reason, even if they were at fault and may not even report.  Feel free to record if you wish.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Good luck

Hello and welcome to the forums and Euro Truck Simulator 2 in general. 

Best advise I can give you is to record and report the people who are in the wrong. You can catch their ID by typing in chat '/pinfo <Game ID>' and it will pop up with information like their name, game ID, STEAMID64 & Their TMP ID. Once you have their TMP ID then you can go to the website to report them. I highly suggest taking a screenshot so you can remember the ID as well as help the admins giving them proof its the person who you're reporting on the website. Fill out the report using the date of incident, what happened as well as what language you speak and what evidence you've captured. Once the admin feels like it's a valid reason to ban then they will ban that user for a certain amount of time. Not only this but you can actually use your POV as defense in case you get banned. You can show the banning admin what actually happened in a ban appeal. 

But apart from that I hope you stay and enjoy TruckersMP as much as possible :) 

8 minutes ago, Jaegermaster said:

Thank you all four your kind answers!

I will report the heavy incidents..

By the way, will you get banned for every (minor) crash? i think s... can also happen to me?

Usually if you get a into a minor crash on accident (eg. accidentally misjudging stopping distance and rear ending someone at a traffic light) a quick apology would settle it between you two and you will be on your way. Even if the person reports you for that usually admins can tell what was a mistake and what was intentional and decide from there. if you intentionally crash into someone though, and it seen on video (eg. purposely swerving into somebody else's lane) then you will for sure get banned for it. I always record my drives so that I have evidence on my end if someone decides to report me for something I did not do or did not mean to do (has happened before).

15 minutes ago, Jaegermaster said:

Thank you all four your kind answers!

I will report the heavy incidents..

By the way, will you get banned for every (minor) crash? i think s... can also happen to me?

That really depends on the situation if you cant avoid the crash (for ex 2 ppl crash just infront of you and you cant brake at time) you could get away with it if you record or just apologize  to the ppl you crashed.

/Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this posting. My name is William and in the game I am known as Texas Transports LLC. I would like to first say " wecome to Euro Truck Simulator 2. " I have had this issue and it is something that will never stop. Now there are a couple of other servers to choose from if you would like to lessen then chances of being rammed. My suggestion to you is if you are able to use some kind of game recording software please do so. Make sure though that whoever hits you that you check their info. ( y /pinfo and then their ID number ) and have it pop up so when you submit the video they know who it was and can take action. 

Best advice, don't touch other servers than EU#1, its where civilized drivers go, the other servers have no speed limits and that is like a big magnet for trolls and rammers, setup plays.tv on your PC, you can have it record the last 2-3 minutes of your gameplay on a press of a key, they have an easy to use clip editor and you can share the clip directly to the plays.tv website and you can link the video in the reports you do in Truckersmp website, don't forget to /pinfo the guy to get his truckersmpid, and screenshot it to be sure.

76561198104067447.png

1. Practise driving in empty roads. (Both single lane and highway)

2. Learn how to quick-save your game. (Very helpful in case of an accident)

3. Learn how to report in-game and on the website.

4. And the most important do not forget to write "REC" on your tag. (This one is the killer one. :))

Hello first, welcome on the forum. To start, I advise you to record your game in order to avoid problems. Indeed, unfortunately, it has some trolls on the game. Therefore, film them and I advise you to report on the site of TruckersMP so that they are sanctioned. In your reports, you must insert a photo or video proof and above all do not forget to insert the player's / pinfo. (Example: / pinfo 734). 

The link : https://truckersmp.com/reports

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg 

I feel for you, as I am new to MP as well. My first trip on euro2, was my last. Not funny, not real and overall a racing sim.  I am going to be recording and hopefully everyone will make an impact in weeding out the ones who 

need to go back and play GTA.   I will be adding "REC" in my tag as well. Not sure what is the point of cars in a truck sim anyway?  Keep plugging at it, as a former real world professional driver, (with zero accidents) no one

should have the right to take your enjoyment away and luckily most people on here actually help out and play nice.

Welcome to the forums and ETS2 mp!

Alot of people have given you accurate advice on how to deal with people who troll and ram you, so I won't go into that, I just simply thought I would add my welcome into the picture :P

Welcome TruckersMp,

You can shoot video with a good computer.You can report bad people on this page.I Advise You To Use Isen Plays.tv With Bad Computer.Happy Trucking :)

Archived