Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Red light running made a bannable offence

sko0923

Suggestion Name: Red light running made a bannable offence

Suggestion Description: Any users who run a red light in the game will get a pre-determined ban. If this results in an accident or another user having to change his travel path, the ban could be extended.

Any example images: No, I think this is self explanatory. 

Why should it be added?: All the time I hear in the game about players, admins, and other TMP staff talking about how this game is a simulator and not GTA 5, NFS, or anything similar. So my suggestion is to make red light running a bannable offense. There should be no reason that a user can't wait 30 seconds for the traffic light to change, or sometimes even blow through the light without noticing. If they want to do this, they can go play some of the games mentioned above. I also find those players who are impatient, and don't take the game seriously and run red lights cause other problems on the road such as ramming, blocking, etc. In a busy city like Rotterdam or Duisburg, I immediately lose my sense of simulation when I see users coming from all directions into an intersection and getting into an accident, with nothing done to them. In real life something like this would be a serious offense, regardless if there are people near you or not. 

• Upvote 2

Hello!

If road ıs clear you can pass red lights.Its ETS2MP rule (Not wrıtes on anywhere but every player and admins doing ıt )

Kind Regards

If you cause a crash whilst running a red light, you will be banned for reckless driving which is what matters.  Not all the map is populated so there is no need to make it a bannable offence as in those cases, I'd say it's perfectly acceptable to run the red light

Why should I be required to wait at a red light with nobody around? If this gets added then we might as well make speeding bannable, and even driving with beacons on bannable... There comes a point where forcing you to play realistically becomes an issue, if you want to play this way go ahead, but you shouldn't be able to force players to do something if it doesn't hurt other players. 

The problem would be enforcing the rule, because it could increase the admins' workload drastically. There are enough reports made of all the other offences. Also, if running through red lights causes an accident or inconvenience to others, the perpetrator can already be punished as the in-game rules cover these offences (reckless driving, ramming etc.). 

Ready to go!

The reason we don't ban for it is that a lot of the time, it's perfectly clear, and it keeps traffic moving.

If people go through a red and cause others to have to take avoidance action, we can ban them for Reckless Driving though.

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

It would certainly be more realistic if people would stop to the red traffic lights.

But it would be very difficult to control this and also I believe that no one would stick to it.

I always stopped at red lights,but I don't mind if others do not stick to it as long as they do not hinder or harm other players.

I think everyone should decide for themselves...  :)

This is what I have come to realize and I'm sure a lot of other people have as well. I like driving to perfection and realism, but there comes a point where you have to allow "running of a red light" acceptable. If we started implementing rules that stated "You MUST stop at red lights", then this would cause a lot more hassle which is not necessary. There are many areas within the Game where red lights shouldn't of even been implemented until further directions were finished as this just caused unnecessary use of traffic lights. If however, someone pulls out in front of you whilst your light is green and their's is red, you can report them for reckless driving and an In-Game Administrator will deal with this further. Getting back onto the Topic of "Should we make running a red light a ban able offence", no we should not. This is just my own personal opinion, others may think differently.

if i wait at the red light and someone coming behind me and start flashing his light ( high light ) and hornspamm because i do my red light ... this should be a bannable offence, if someone coming behind me and ramming me because i do my red light it should be a bannable offence.... i dont understand still why the admin and upper staff dont change there rule to make the game a real simulator game... as said befor it not GTA ... and there alot of player every day... i will never belive that if they get ban for this the server will run empty ....that is a real joke and it my opinion .. you have the right to not agree .. but you have to respect the player opinion and concider it as well ... 

for me that is a +1 and who know .. mayby TMP staff will put there underwear up and stop saying that is nothing or lack of time ( then get more admin the problem will be solved enough quickly ) ... because im pretty much done about this kind of attitude and it become too much abusive with the time ... it like a child whos make an accident but you never punish him ... later he will do it again and again and again and it never stop ... and there a urgent need to a special rule on Calais , Duisburg and Rotterdam to make it stop ( mostly EU 2 and if you arent happy then change server where it NCZ or freeroam there are made for the troll who want running at this kind of speed and not making red light!!!* ) .. and it not by saying : then go anywhere else .. then you just kill the simulator game .. it not concider as a GTA game ( how many time we said that and none want make it happen ) ... and still truckers going 110/140 km/h seriously everything to make sure that many troll will and can abuse it and make accident . 

as long TMP dont change there rule the game is now a real GTA/NFS together and you as player have to deal with it and they dont even care about it, because it would make years that should have change. 

(* increase the admins' workload drastically ... already there workload is drastically high ... that will not change more or less .. because as long you let troll player do what they want you are forcing yourself to have more job to do ... so it become a TMP problem and not the rule itself or the number of report made/done per day .. ) 

I used to have the same mindset of enforcing the red light rule but since following the red light on an empty street is more of an annoyance than useful, I just simply turned off traffic violations and use the rule that only obey red light when there are nearby players especially with players who do respect the red light. Traffic lights are suppose to be there to control traffic anyway and it is virtually useless when it has no traffic to direct. I do agree harsher penalties to anyone causing accidents because of running through a red light.

Hai,

It's already bannable. If you are for example in Rotterdam or Calais, 90% of the time you'll see someone waiting or turning in an intersection. If you have a red light and you crash/block them by driving through the intersection you'll get banned if recorded/reported.

But if you are in the middle of nowhere and there's nobody around you, I don't see why you would wait for a red light on an empty road.

Personally I always wait a red light, if I want to drive through them I play some NFS or GTA V.

3 hours ago, sko0923 said:

Suggestion Name: Red light running made a bannable offence

Suggestion Description: Any users who run a red light in the game will get a pre-determined ban. If this results in an accident or another user having to change his travel path, the ban could be extended.

Any example images: No, I think this is self explanatory. 

Why should it be added?: All the time I hear in the game about players, admins, and other TMP staff talking about how this game is a simulator and not GTA 5, NFS, or anything similar. So my suggestion is to make red light running a bannable offense. There should be no reason that a user can't wait 30 seconds for the traffic light to change, or sometimes even blow through the light without noticing. If they want to do this, they can go play some of the games mentioned above. I also find those players who are impatient, and don't take the game seriously and run red lights cause other problems on the road such as ramming, blocking, etc. In a busy city like Rotterdam or Duisburg, I immediately lose my sense of simulation when I see users coming from all directions into an intersection and getting into an accident, with nothing done to them. In real life something like this would be a serious offense, regardless if there are people near you or not. 

Big -1 for a simple reason, traffic. If the servers had a lit of several million players, lag free, then by all means include a bannable offence for running reds because the chance of meaning cross traffic is increased massively, but when wholeareas of the map are literally a ghost town, why should people be forced to stop? As long as it's clear, you should be allowed to go. 

I would also like to clarify that just because people call ETS and ATS simulators, doesn't mean they are 10000% real world, the word simulator has many variations in the gaming industry, from your hardcore true to real world specifications, to the almost arcade like games, ETS2 and ATS fall into the category of CASUAL simulators, where they have some real world aspects, but some dumbed down, arcade like elements, which cater towards different play styles, hence why we have simple and advanced settings etc, that means the games have a more relaxed and simple feel, where you can simply jump behind the wheel and cruise happily without too much faff. 

Thats whysetti g red light violations to always ban is wrong, if the game was a hardcore sim where everything is accurately model down to the sounds of keys hitting a plastic/fibreglass door as you enter exit your vehicle, then sure, go ahead, but when the game is as casual as these games are, you have to have a lot of wiggle room to cater for different play styles, not everyone wants to play a 100% simulation all the time. 

Personally, I stop at every light unless I'm in a super hurry or have a heavy load that pushes me past the safe zone so it's safer to continue than stop. 

@Kehox at the end of the day, if you're not satisfied with TMP, make your own multiplayer mod for free with volunteers working the streets. Maybe then you'll understand.

As I said before, I would agree if ETS2 and ATS were 100% simulators where everything was modelled, kinda like plane 11 or fernbus where things are clickable and you can get out and walk around etc. But these games are casual simulators as I've already explained. 

By by all means I playas realistic as possible by using full manual shifting, steering wheel and pedals, realistic brake sensitivities and reduced speeds, but in free mode servers, you have to adjust to the fact that everyone does at least 5 over the limit etc, so to avoid being ran off the road it's easier to raise your speed to match, it's why I do 60MPH on back roads max and 70Mph on motorways/autobahn. 

If if we had more traffic at lights, then I can see having bannable offences for redlights, but when 75% of junctions across the map are dead most of the time, what's the point of stopping for nothing? 

Also, I will say this, the more auto ban, bannable offences etc that are thrown at people, the more people will be deterred from playing because they feel some bans are unjustified or too strict for a petty reason, I mean come on, you don't see people irl getting thrown in jail for years for running a red light now do you? Because that's the equivalent of making all red light violations bannable, it's not fair on those who make genuine mistakes or to make people wait at empty junctions. As long as there is no accident caused or no avoiding acting require while your vehicle is in motion, there's no reason to ban people.

again @Kehox, just because you "don't see" admins working, doesn't mean they're not working, most of the time they're caught up chasing red herrings and clear the Calais Duisburg road of idiots who overtake stopped traffic, others have REAL world commitments that take them away from TMP as they are ALL volunteers, I sure as hell would love to see you try and balance a real world job, family AND being a full time TMP admin at the same time because it'll be the hardest thing going. 

Hence why why I take my hat off to the admins who work their fingers to the bone to keep the roads safe, although a few admins need to be a little less... biased and unfair and abusive of their powers, such as banning people while they are not in "admin mode" I.e. With a red name tag, because not everyone knows who the admins are and to be banned by someone unknown who isn't shown to have admin credentials and who drives like a jack a** shouldn't be allowed, just saying from past experience.

• Upvote 1

@megadethsteve666

''again @Kehox, just because you "don't see" admins working ''

What makes you believe this? ... i have seen alot of admin working, streaming.. but you have probably reason i dont see them... 

just got a picture with one of them but fine.... 

''at the end of the day, if you're not satisfied with TMP ''

that is what you think and that fine.. you have your opinion but im really satisfied with tmp and i made few report and got accepted because the player didnt respect the rules on tmp.

'' make your own multiplayer mod for free with volunteers working the streets. Maybe then you'll understand. ''

understand what ??? XD there nothing to understand except the fact of it take alot of time to create and managed and some money to put on a server and few other thing that i have not the skill to make. but if you are a dev or manager and dont listen the customer opinion and try to find why they think it should change.

''As I said before, I would agree if ETS2 and ATS were 100% simulators  ''

.... hummm it a 100% simulator.. that isnt GTA/NFS why it shouldnt not be like that... 

''  I mean come on, you don't see people irl getting thrown in jail for years for running a red light now do you ''

where i live yes they do ! or you living somewhere they just dont care about safety.. mayby not for years but they can revoke your permit and you could not drive anymore.. so it = to get ban in game... as exemple... 

'' By by all means I playas realistic as possible by using full manual shifting, steering wheel and pedals, realistic brake sensitivities and reduced speeds, but in free mode servers, you have to adjust to the fact that everyone does at least 5 over the limit etc, so to avoid being ran off the road it's easier to raise your speed to match, it's why I do 60MPH on back roads max and 70Mph on motorways/autobahn.  ''

as you said that is fine and good .. but i do follow the speed limit an if i want to play with the speed limit on it will be my own choice and you have as player to respect it... but i never need to be pushed in the back because the limit is 50 and you want to go 100/110/120 km/h in that zone ( as exemple ) ...  

'' I would also like to clarify that just because people call ETS and ATS simulators, doesn't mean they are 10000% real world, the word simulator has many variations ''

we are in a truck game ! it a simulator of truck ... not speedind truck and crash and make people waste there time because you drive like an idiot or like gta style... if you cant hold your speed or follow the rule as they are then leave. 

Massive -1 to this This would be extremely unfair and is not needed at all.

As stated above multiple times if someone goes through a red light causing a crash then they can get banned for reckless driving. There are alot of traffic lights in the game that are useless in MP because the roads are blocked and only ai come from them and there is no ai in MP. Why should someone get banned for going through those red lights when there will never be oncoming traffic? Why should someone get banned for going through a red light when no one is around or when no one is coming. I treat red lights like stop signs, I look at the road and at my gps and if there is no one coming then I don't stop.

There is also noting wrong with speeding as long as you don't ram into other players. I speed most of the time but can control the trucks and cars at speed, I know when to slow down for corners and slower traffic, I will slow down for slower trucks and wait for a safe place to overtake and if there isn't a safe place or chance to overtake then I will just have to stick to the slower speed. Only time I'll honk or flash is if someone is going ridiculously slow (way below the speed limit)

You said players should respect that some players like you follow speed limits and traffic lights and play it as realistically as possible and yes you are 100% correct but respect is a 2 way thing and you and other players that drive realistically also need to respect that not everyone wants to play it as realistic as possible and that many like to speed and go through red lights when safe.

Like @megadethsteve666 explained ETS2 and ATS are not full hard core simulators, they are causal simulator meant for fun and you can either get in on very simple settings and drive or have advanced settings.

Also MP certainly is not and never will be a full proper simulator, no ai or traffic on the roads for one thing.

There is a server for people that like to play as realistic as possible - EU1, its speed limited and has no cars and its the simulation server. TMP team have catered for everyone one. If you choose to use EU2 then thats your choice, but most people on EU2 do speed and everyone by know kinda knows that and the way C-D road and Duisburg are so if you don't like the chaos, traffic and driving in those areas then just don't go there, its a big map and thats only 1 road and a few cities like Calais, Rotterdam ,Brussels and Duisburg.

Also admins are active most of the time, for the most part we do have a very good team of admins who do the best they can, they are volunteers after all and do this in their spare time. I can only imagine the amount of work they actually have to do with ingame reports and website reports and ban appeals. Watch some admin streams to get an idea of how they work in game ;)

Lets face it if there was a no running red light rule like you have suggested the majority of people would not obey it anyway so it would add a ridiculous amount of  work for the admins. I think their time is better spent dealing with actually important things like trolls and deliberate rammers and blockers etc rather then with people running red lights. Of course as already said if you cause a crash by running a red light then that is already covered in the rules as reckless driving.

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

That's a -1 from me. imaging the numbers of the players the admins have to ban each time they come on. Also there would be ALOT of complaints from the banned players and it would a lot more ban appeals from the banned players for admins to attend to. Therefore I don't this this WILL never happen as it can't really be controlled. Best thing to do is just watch out for the players and move on.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

@Kehox good job contradicting yourself between posts, seeing as in one post you say basically admins need to be more proactive and what not, the next, you're saying there's enough of them that are proactive, make up your mind. 

like me I explained, ETS2 and ATS are not FULLSimulators, they are casual simulators where physics and settings can be dumbed down to arcade proportions tommale the game easier for those who don't like simulation yet still want to drive a big truck, as I said, if these games were full simulators, we would have to switch on every system manually, we would have to plot routes in the GPS manually, we would have to get out and hook up airlines, raise landing gear and when it comes to parking, we would have to manually pull the fifth wheel lock and unhook airlines and lower landing gear, we would have to refuel by getting out of the truck, undoing the cap and putting in the actual nozzle, not stop Ina zone and press a button, we would have to make running repairs to our trucks and fix malfunctions.. the list goes on and on. So you cannot officially say ETS and ATS are full on sims, yes they are a branch of the sim world, but they are not true to the real world 100% of the time. 

Where are you from? Because I've never heard of any country who jails people for running red lights, where I'm from, it's a finagle offence and could lead to the loss of your license at some point, but I've never heard of anyone getting a prison sentence just for a red light violation and I'm from one of THE most health and safety conscious countries in the world!

Also, there is more than one server, if you hate speeders, hate unrealistic drivers etc, then stick to EU1 and drive there with the limiters and no cars etc, I can honestly say that I've never got overly upset with people in EU2 because it's a free roam server, you drive at whatever speed you want, I mean I do up to 60 MPH on back roads and 70 on the wider motorways, and I've never wrecked or caused a wreck by going faster than the limit.

what it boils down to is the fact that everyone has their own play style and so no one can agree on what's right and wrong in a situation, to some running reds and speeding should be a permenant ban offence, to others like myself, it's subject to the situation, if someone is running reds and cause an accident, then ban by all means, but if they don't affect others, then no punishment required, same with speeding, if someone can keep on the road at 70,80,90MPH without wrecking, then leave them be, but if they cause accidents and clearly can't keep it on the road, then punish them, it's simple logic. 

I would like like to say @Kehox perhaps you should clarify the rules yourself before pursuing things like this, just friendly advice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.