What's your worst TMP moment of 2016-2017

MangoMastani

My worst moment so far was driving from Poznan to Sheffield when I got hit by someone merging from a give way line into my lane in Amsterdam. I got pretty angry at the guy (albeit unfairly as he said sorry!) so that left me in a bad mood. F7'd to the garage where it was just full of people barging their way in and out, so of course I end up getting my whole truck and trailer rammed and tipped over. In the end I came out of the Netherlands with about 60-70% damage. I figured I may as well carry on, so I continued to drive to the ferry port.

Still being in an annoyed mood when I arrived in Hull, I ended up turning left out of the dock and into the wrong lane (Which is stupid since I'm a Brit!) and ended up facing an oncoming driver. I realised my mistake shortly after, but every time I tried to reverse to give myself enough room to manoeuvre around this guy and get into the correct lane, he'd roll forwards and close the distance, spamming the horn the whole time leaving me with nowhere to go and people spawning in behind me further down the road at the port.

I lost my patience at this point and vented in chat...

Definitely not one of my best moments in TMP so far!

A month ago or so, i drove from Amsterdam to Warszawa, ~ 1000 km. I had a perfect drive, until the last 60 km when i hit a toll barrier and got 5% trailer damage. You wouldn't want to be next to me in that moment haha.

Another one: I arrived at Calais after driving the entire C-D road without any damage, a true achievement. When i was just 200 m away from my destination i got rammed by a guy who decided that red lights dont mean anything important.

My worst moment happened not so long ago, after completing over 1,000 miles and avoiding the main C-D road... I had to complete my delivery in Duisburg, upon turning into the main city access road... Well see for yourselves

As you can imagine it was a frustrating 200 Yards lol :P I decided to complete the delivery later that day once the server numbers decreased.

sig2.thumb.png.faab001495f76f514135673f26254409.png

I think that my worst moment was that time when I discovered that WoT jobs can't be recovered by loading savegames... 2000+ Km job, 0% damage and when entering the city in which I had to deliver, some as***le decided that it was fun to drive inside a city as if it were Le Mans' race track, using all streets to speed like a drunken monkey in his car. Trailer flipped, over 40% damage... Stopped, exited, opened SP, loaded last autosave... What? Trailer flipped... OK, so let's load the previous save... WHAT?? Still trailer flipped?? Tried finishing the delivery, but that damage... 0 €, 0 XP... Almost 3 hours for nothing.

Since then, I don't even bother trying, of course, if my trailer gets damaged over 10%, I cancel the job directly. It's not worth it driving hundreds of Km to earn nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Some odd hours after TMP Staff/IGAs had a roadblock on the C-D Road, I came up on what looked like a stopped truck, thought it might have been a troll, so I went into the left lane to pass, saw the massive lineup of traffic ahead of me, got honked at, had an "Oh s***" moment and quickly F7+Entered then quit, lol. Last time I ever ran the C-D Road. Thankfully no-one had been oncoming...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived