Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Draw distance (Trucks)

Taz07

Question

Hello,

I have recently started playing Euro truck simulator 2 mp and quickly fell in love with it.

After a while of playing I started noticing that players shown on the map will aproach but I will not see the truck until 50-75 meters infront of me. The trucks will just pop up . I was wondering if i am able to up the draw distance of the objects (trucks). Or if this is just a normal thing that everyone has and should not worry about it.

Thanks for reading.

4 answers to this question

Hi Taz07,

Welcome to the forums, as well as TruckersMP.

I was wondering if i am able to up the draw distance of the objects (trucks). 

To change your draw distance:

> Ensure you are connected to multiplayer

> Press TAB on your keyboard

> Right click your mouse for the cursor to appear

> Go to settings / click on the settings icon

> Graphics tab

> You should see a slider for draw distance. Try changing the slider settings (higher / towards the right) and see what you prefer.

• Upvote 2

Hi, at the moment draw distance is reduced in busy areas for performance reasons (so it changes by itself based on the amount of people around you). I believe it's around 30 players or something when it starts to become noticeable. You shouldn't worry about it for now, but just know the draw distance in your settings gets overridden by this "dynamic" one for now.

• Upvote 1

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick replies! I will make sure to check the multiplayer settings to have the best possible draw distance possible. I now understand that it is for performance and it makes sense actualy . Once again thanks for the quick replies.

Have a nice day.