Is it possible to connect a computer tower to a Laptop?

KaitanFox

In my experience, no because a laptop is all connected together; to it's motherboard. I'm no expert though so I'll wait for the hardware experts to respond

I don't think it is possible. Reason being, the laptops VGA / HDMI or other connectors are for output only, rather than for an input. So you will not be able to display another image from another system on the laptop screen because of this.

Apparently it is possible to display your desktop screen to your laptop via network, as stated in this external forum thread: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1983528/laptop-screen-desktop-monitor.html?_ga=2.196700783.2101808196.1496744809-1923814083.1494916148

Regarding your question about using the laptop as a keyboard for your desktop - Try take a look at this application and experiment around with it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35460

12 minutes ago, stickhead2 said:

Do you mean games from the tower or for the tower to help run games on laptop?

I mean as if: You play games on your tower and your laptop displays these games (laptop acts like a display screen).

Also: The tower 'helping' to run games on the laptop is not what I mean and it is also not possible. Two completely different systems cannot be connected together to process / render applications running on one system. 

It's not possible to connect a laptop screen to a desktop, not without actually ripping the screen out and using some DIY solution that is. As for the keyboard there's again no way to connect it, but you could try a program called 'Mouse without Borders' which allows you to use the same keyboard/mouse on mutliple systems. (see the link to Microsoft @EnLight posted)

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

It actually depends on your laptop, if you're using HDMI cable then there should be no problem. If you're using VGA cable, your laptop should be a couple of years recent and have both VGA input and output on it. Though you can't use your laptop's keyboard on your desktop, you can only use your laptop as a monitor. 

Archived