run as opengl

Question

7 answers to this question

Hello.  @[ETS2MPI_64] Adit Lemperand welcome to the forums

Unfortuantely the mod only supports DirectX 64 and I doubt it will be changed.

I suggest to improve your FPS a few steps.

1) Lower your graphics settings and scaling.  THis should give you a few more FPS.

2) Please lower your resolution ingame.  I suggest using 800x600 fullscreen.

3) Please use your graphics card software to optimise the game.

4) Aim to stay away from heavily congested areas such as C-D road, Duisburg, Rotterdam, Calais etc as the density will lower your FPS.

5) Press tab and the little settings icon once connected and reduce the truck draw distance

Hi Adit Lemper,

At this moment in time, I do not think it is possible to run TruckersMP in OpenGL mode.

A suggestion was made in the past for this to be implemented and most staff members confirmed: no OpenGL mode was available for MP, as well as reasons why: 

However, I will be honest in saying I am not 100 % sure if that is still the case ^ (Most likely someone else will tell you otherwise).

On top of this, multiplayer takes more frames away from the game due to the large quantity of players / objects needing to be rendered, which puts additional strain on your CPU + GPU.

I made a small guide inside another thread, which you can check out to boost your FPS: 

* Out of interest, what sort of computer specifications / hardware do you have?

Good Morning,

Open your Steam Library left click on ETS2 and hit play, a small dialog box will appear hit launch with OpenGL and it will bring you to single player. Let the game load make a gamesave close single player and launch TruckersMP as an administrator when you go to play ETS2 it should now open with OpenGL

ae1efd73980a4f7e98385bb45b8f312c.png

Hope this has helped.

Riley