Crash because quick save load - bannable?

Hello,

I have caused an accident on an scandinavian road because I have loaded a quick-save. Is this a bannable reason?

It was not my intention to cause an accident. It was a stupid coincidence ):

Best regards,

xaverracer

This can be a no win situation for both parties.  On the quick save you can't see where it was saved because there is no image so you can't be sure where you will spawn.  It's horrible for the other person crashing into you.  Unfortunately because of the trolls people are having to use these saves.  In my opinion it is not bannable.

Thank you very much for your replies! I am not banned. But i think, this player will report me.

I wasn't shure about that fact, that players on C.-D.-Road can be banned for loading quick save but in other parts from the map not. Thank you all for your help! :D

Best regards,

xaverracer

Indeed, there is nothing saying that spawning in the middle of a road is a reason for ban, but it can be seen as Blocking. Even though I am in favor of punishments for situations like this, I have to defend you, so, if you get banned for this, you can say that there isn't a specific rule for it.

However, keep in mind that there are suggestions to end up these situations, and if they get approved, maybe you won't be able to load quicksaves forever without consequences. Everyone can head a truck to a safe place on SP, then spawn on MP, and that's what you should have done, even if you were not at a populated area like DC road.

Isso é só um jogo!

54 minutes ago, Haulin' It! l Chev said:

Hello,

There's currently no rule against accidentally spawning in front of someone with a quick load.

https://truckersmp.com/rules

Have a great day or night! ;)

- Chev.

I'm sorry, but there's no such thing as "accidentally spawning". It's true that you may not know where your truck will appear when you connect to the server, but it's also true that you can avoid these "accidents" easily: Open single player, where causing accidents is impossible, drive to a safe spot, park your vehicle, save, quit and go back to MP. When you connect to the server, your vehicle will spawn on that safe spot, no accidents.

On topic: like others have said, there are no rules forbidding to spawn in the middle of the road, I've seen people spawn in the middle of the road and driving full speed (they started driving while in the queue), and not even that is forbidden, so you don't need to worry. In the past, I reported a couple of players for doing exactly what you did and my reports where declined: "Not bannable".

Even if you can't get banned for that, it's a question of "respect" toward other players to not spawn in front of them.

Disable the auto save like me and you won't have any trouble when loading a previous save.

If you want to save your progression, you should stop your truck in a safe area or on the side of the road, hit your save keybind and continue your journey. And if something happens, you'll be able to reload your save in a safe situation while being sure to not ruin someone's job.

I've never spawned in front of someone, never.

Or if you know that your previous save is in a bad area or on the middle of the road, just go to SP to move your truck before jumping back into MP.

It happened to me multiple times yesterday, this is what happens when you load your save in front of someone :

I do think we need a rule about saving in the middle of the road though.  I understand there are bad drivers and trolls but reloading a save that you know would clearly be on the road is just as bad as those trolls.  I did that once in my early days of playing and had 4 players crash because of it.  After that point I've only used my manual saves since I can't save while driving and I have to pull off the road.

12 hours ago, [AC] xaverracer said:

on an scandinavian

Not related to both games since the US do not have such roads.

/moved to ETS2 related Discussion

23 hours ago, oolala11 said:

This can be a no win situation for both parties.  On the quick save you can't see where it was saved because there is no image so you can't be sure where you will spawn.  

But you usually know where you have saved either yourself with the quicksave...or can approximatly say where you might have been at the autosave....

And btw. i read here a lot that it is not bannable since it is not written in the rules........you guys do know that just because it is not written there, does not mean that you cant get banned for it?

On 5/6/2017 at 3:25 AM, KhaosHammer_BF said:

Disable the auto save like me and you won't have any trouble when loading a previous save.

Can you really do that? I searched but couldn't find a way to disable autosaves. Can you explain how you did it, please?

On 5/6/2017 at 4:01 AM, the bored hermit said:

as far as im aware its not a bannable offence due to you cant really help it I recommend to do a save at a service depot and then it wont be a problem Ive had it happen but I just wave it off and say its alright as obviously you didn't mean to do it

It's not bannable, but not because you can't help it... Read comments above, you can avoid spawning in the middle of the road easily. But since you can't force people to use the "Load SP - Drive to a safe spot - Exit - Load MP", no rules are added about this.

On 5/6/2017 at 5:42 AM, [TUG] White Wolf said:

Interesting to read it that this Guy just wrote here into the Forum.. but he was not saying he did this thing Twice at our --->"Convoy" <---  so well i think thats different than just to reload the save game at once.

He'd do it twice or as many times as he'd want. It's not bannable, he spawns in the middle of the road, someone coming hits the truck and gives damage to it, so he loads again the autosave. Not bannable, no matter how many times he does it.

On 5/6/2017 at 6:20 AM, Daniellus_PL said:

Its because of spawn. If you save your game on road, you can spawn there later. And as you know its banable and very annoying. If you want to do quick save just enter Gas Station, Parking or go out of the road. It will not give you ban ;)

Best regards.

Sorry, but IT IS NOT BANNABLE. I agree that it is very annoying though.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:16 AM, TheCreepyTruckr said:

I do think we need a rule about saving in the middle of the road though.  I understand there are bad drivers and trolls but reloading a save that you know would clearly be on the road is just as bad as those trolls.  I did that once in my early days of playing and had 4 players crash because of it.  After that point I've only used my manual saves since I can't save while driving and I have to pull off the road.

The problem is not people saving in the middle of the road, it's the game's autosave. People can spawn in the middle of the road because their game crashed, or because someone crashed into their vehicle causing lots of damage and they just loaded the last autosave, which in most cases saved the game while they were driving... In the middle of the road, of course.

@Wolfpig - The thing is not just that there are no rules about it. Two of my reports on people spawning right in front of my truck, dealing 100% damage, were declined with reason: "Not bannable". Another one on a player who spawned while he was driving in the queue and rammed my truck was also declined: "The player just spawned, he couldn't see you. Not bannable"

^ I've never had a problem with the autosave, I just pull off the road every 15 minutes or so to make a manual save and I'll load those up in the event of a collision.  I will admit though I had not thought of the game crashing and automatically loading the last autosave, I've honestly been lucky and never had the game crash in multiplayer. (Single player with a 50+ mods is another story.)

Well i generally use the autosave and a normal save i sometimes use for Virtual Speditor. I personally try never quit when driving a delivery and, when i do i prefer to cancel it (12k is something you can recover in a short drive) and spawn directly in a garage via quick travel, or if the server has a long queue, use the queue time to move to a safe spot.

Imo road spawning should be a bannable offense when it occurs in crowded places like CD road. You will likely remember that you disconnected in the most crowded road of the game and when you spawn you will very often cause a crash. And if you dont remember where did you quit, you can use the world map before you spawn.

9 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Wolfpig - The thing is not just that there are no rules about it. Two of my reports on people spawning right in front of my truck, dealing 100% damage, were declined with reason: "Not bannable". Another one on a player who spawned while he was driving in the queue and rammed my truck was also declined: "The player just spawned, he couldn't see you. Not bannable"

Yeah...it might not be bannable by the "rules" but always depends on who sees/works on it. (different people might have different opinions on something and may handle it differently)

If everything in the Internet/real world would only be punished 100% by existing written rules then some things would never be punished...or some weired stuff which is some us laws would be enforced even if they knew that it is totaly nonsense.....^^

^^ Even then, if someone spawns in the middle of the road, causes an accident, gets reported and banned, that someone will be able to appeal saying: "The game just spawned muy truck there and since there are no rules about that...". And the ban will have to go, simple as that. This game bans work based on the rules. If you don't brake any of them, you can't be banned, period. Or, if you are, it can be considered as admin abuse, you will be able to appeal to the managers, if necessary, to get your ban removed.

• Translation Manager

Spawning on the road is not bannable. When you go back to quick save you don't know where you spawn but at the login into the game, you know where you will be spawned. For my opinion, the people who will get online while he got offline or kicked on the road can go to SP and move their truck to the safe zone. That will prevent the crashes because of that.

76561198324253072.pngstatus.png

Archived