Synced traffic lights at single-lane construction sites

Suggestion Name: Synced traffic lights at single-lane construction sites

Suggestion Description: At the moment the traffic lights at single-lane construction sites are not synced (seen in france). When two vehicles approach the site at the same time, accidents often occur. It would benefit everyone, if the traffic lights were synced.

Any example images:

ets2_00067y3qg7.png

Why should it be added?: Fewer accidents would occur.

• Upvote 7

The team did the flashing lights and synced the rail crossings so I think this would be possible.  I think this should be done as a matter of urgency +1

Hello @The Goat King,

This is a rather old issue.

From what I've heard, the TruckersMP team attempted to sync them in the past but it did not work.

Also, use the search function. There is already a suggestion of which is suggesting this: 

Kind Regards,

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

I know there are issues like this just like the train warning lights and gate going down and the team synced them so I could see this possible. Don't forget this mod is still in alpha, so they might be working a fix for this for the final release. I know synced lights at construction sites would be easier for everyone to see but in the meantime you just have to drive carefully around them.

+1 because other traffic lights are already synced and I think it is possible to do same with single-lane construction lights :)

Best regards,

xaverracer

I've never had an accident on those stretches with roadworks. If I see a green light, I'll check the players list and the GPS and then I'll drive through, slow enough so I can swerve to a side if someone is oncoming 130-140 Km/h (which is the cause of most accidents, not the traffic lights). But it would be a lot better if they were synced. Couple of days ago I stopped at one of those red lights, a truck was coming the other way and stopped too... Both lights were red... If both would have been green, I would've already seen the oncoming truck and stopped (I know that most people don't stop even at red lights, so that's something I do by pure instinct).

this would be a good idea however I think its been tried once and didn't work around those areas you do get a lot of accidents and I think it would reduce them but lets face it the amount of people who don't follow traffic lights I don't think it would help to much because of that so it is a catch but I see where your coming from with this

this issue has be known for quite long already. also many similar posts have been posted before, kindly use search. for now, it's up to us players in the community to have patience and good heart when approaching such areas. goodluck though

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

On 05/06/2017 at 1:50 AM, Trucking Gekco said:

Curious, if regular traffic lights are synced why aren't those lights synced? I thought they were synced to begin with lol. 

Because from what I can tell, the construction zone lights work on a different script system than normal lights and conventional sync codes don't work as they conflict with sync codes for normal lights etc. 

The he bottom line is this, unless you are a complete Moron, you'll not have an accident at these zones by simply slowing down in that area and using a thing called your window to see if other traffic is coming towards you at the same time asthelight is showing green for you, fro, don't go forward, wait till it's clear before proceeding, chances are you won't even get fined for  passing there'd anyway.

so like railroad crossings, given enough time, I expect the TMP team will find a method for these issues, but the thing is, because there's so few construction zones on the entire road network, it's not really a top priority unless there's one in a super congested area that is causing a lot of issues, like with the rail crossing on the Calais-Duisburg road which caused so many issues with it being desynced that something had to be done and done fast.

so personally, I say it's a -1 for an urgent thing to be done, but a +1 for something to be eventually sorted out.

also this has been asked dozens of times before..

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...