A couple questions for the staff

itsJylerTAG

Question

So i have a couple of questions for the staff of TruckersMP as well as thanking them for making this mod and letting us use it for free. 

#1: What is the rule against speeding? I've read the rules but i didn't see anything that specifically mentioned speeding and the reason i'm asking this is because i've seen 4-5 people going 30+ mph over the limit in the area. 

#2: Why is there no AI traffic on the servers? Is it due to performance issues or to prevent trolling/accidents? I love the mod but not seeing any other traffic on the road is weird.

#3: When i first started playing, i had a brand new driver profile "Week 1" and after a couple of saves it started to say "Week 505", is this because of the server uptime? Will it change if the server restarts?

3 answers to this question

#1 None - speeding is allowed as long as it does not ruin other users' gameplay by causing accidents - that decision is up for every User

#2 Because syncing AI between everyone will really test the servers' limits + trolls will abuse it

#3 Exactly - your game tries to catches up with the server time. I believe its not affected by restarts.

• Upvote 2

#1: What is the rule against speeding? I've read the rules but i didn't see anything that specifically mentioned speeding and the reason i'm asking this is because i've seen 4-5 people going 30+ mph over the limit in the area. 

Spoiler

Really, this would come under Reckless Driving. Speeding on its own isn't enforced nor is against the rules. However, if another driver has to take action (slowing down, stopping, changing direction) then the speeder could face punishment for Reckless Driving. 

#2: Why is there no AI traffic on the servers? Is it due to performance issues or to prevent trolling/accidents? I love the mod but not seeing any other traffic on the road is weird.

Spoiler

Due to Server resources limitations, it would be hard to sync all the cars so they're the same for everyone. Also in places such as C-D road, AI Traffic would not be helpful in reducing the amount of traffic issues there. 

#3: When i first started playing, i had a brand new driver profile "Week 1" and after a couple of saves it started to say "Week 505", is this because of the server uptime? Will it change if the server restarts?

Spoiler

This is down to the fact that the time on Multiplayer is Server-Side and when you load your profile it will catch up to match. Therefore, the weeks can be out. I recommend you use a profile that is solely for MP use.

Hope this helps :)

• Upvote 1

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

Alright then.

#1: How would i go about selecting one of those servers then? Each time i login to MP all i get are two options, which is to pick either a US or EU server.

#2: I figured as much but i wanted to make sure. On the performance end of things, i can see how it would cause some issues on the troll end, it's a shame people have to abuse features.

#3: Once again i figured this is what was happening and i have to admit it threw me off quite a bit when i went from week 1 to week 505, lol. At least it doesn't impact gameplay. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.