Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

better " punishment system "

Shepsky

Question

Hey. i wanner ask if we could have a better punishment system ( where we the players, can see what will happen, if so and so should happen, and for how long would we would get banned / timeout for. )

because for as far as i can see and read, Admins can more or less decide them self, for what and for how long they wanner ban ppl. So lets say, " we got admin 1, who are having a bad day, seeing someone doing a Small violation, boom he ban that person for 4 days or more. the player appeal his or her case, but the admin closes it and ignoret. 

" due to the admin can do what it pleases him / her ". and all the player can do is, mail a feedback to you, and wait for x amount of time. for a reply

So i wanner know:

1, if u do say anything bad in the chat or ingame voice chat, you will get for example,  a half day cool off.

2, ramming in to ppl; 3 days next time 5 days.

and so on. 

because i can see on the steam community, reddit and on your own forum, and so on. that many ppl are getting banned for either the wrong thing - or something they didnt do.

So do something to controll the punishment / ban system in a better way / do it more organized for all. so we all can have a great time here at Truckersmp.

Edited by [DK-SL] Husky

2 answers to this question

" the admin can do what it pleases him / her, when it comes to the 3 first bans "

I think i can understand / see why some ppl fells it's kinda discrimination, because you can see if it is ramming intentionally, trolling/ insulting and so on / or not - when the admin are looking around or at the evidence, that a player have given you too look at ( but lets say admin gives player 1; 1 day ban for ramming intentionally, but the next player gets 3 days ban. for the for the exact same thing, and in the same area, and non of them have been banned before, would you think it's fair / and can you see why some players whould see that as discrimination? ) - and lets say, someone ram into one intentionally, high populated area or a less populated area - its still ramming intentionally. so in my eyes there arnt any different on that point. so you can i someway make a system too tell for how long a timeout would be, whit some of the things.

But thank you very much for your response

Edited by [DK-SL] Husky

If we had set ban lengths for each rule, it wouldn't work. Reason why is because of 2 things; severity and location. If a user just slightly hits another user, in a non- populated area of the map, the ban duration would be less than if a user rammed into the side of a truck in a very populated area, and several times, the length would be a lot greater.

But with the system you are suggesting, both users would get the same time for the offence of intentional ramming. This is why we allow the first 3 bans on a users profile to be at admin discretion, so that the admin can ban for the offence as they see it fit for the different factors that affect a ban length.

The system is fine as it is at this current point in time and there is no need to change it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.