Possible Reducement to the Jams in Service Stations

Suggestion Name: Possible solution for jams in front of the service stations.

Suggestion Description: We all know that, in a city, especially in Calais and Duisburg, service stations are like hell. So one little solution can make it better. I mean better, not completely solve it. To solve it completely we all should be patient and know to give road. The thing is this : When you crashed and go to service with your trailer, you can not come out so easily, and even if you do you are not safe at all. I'll explain with image :

aGqQn7.png

Think you are the marked guy, and you have a long trailer as the blue does. If your nose is out of the service, your trailer will hit the blue guy's trailer and take damage. So in order to make your trailer not to take damage, and to lessen that jam chaos (like small example in top-left, in front of POSPED), my suggestion is this :

Suggestion : When you F7+Enter, your trailer will automatically be teleported to the closest gas station or a big company's park lot (like LKW), or to the park spots if possible in city (Mannheim has a big one). The system is that : You mark these teleport spots like no-collion zones, when we hit F7+Enter, system will automatically take our trailer to the closest spot. And if we won't be able to take our trailer within 5 minutes, our job will automatically be cancelled.

Why should it be added? : So that we can get out of service stations far more easily, no more blocking when getting out, no more collusions. And think this image, think it without trailers.

mkly01.jpg

Thanks for giving us this suggestions oppurtunity.

Edited by yolverine

@yolverineFirstly welcome to the forums.

There's a number of reasons why this won't work.  Firstly, f7+enter is the base game and it cannot be changed by the devs, so it is default to the service stations which is what it is used for.  

Going to a company parking lot will defeat the purpose of f7 enter; ie say you have 100% damage, then you cannot move so you would need to go to the service station on that f7 enter.  

Unfortunately there is no way to fix this at the moment and it requires people's patience; of which most have none hence why we find the pile ups.

Nice detailed suggestion though!

2 minutes ago, Mirrland said:

I don't think that this is possible as SCS coded the game to teleport both the trailer and the truck to the repair station. I might be wrong, I'm gonna remain neutral on this suggestion. 

I wish it would be possible to seperate them

2 minutes ago, oolala11 said:

@yolverineFirstly welcome to the forums.

There's a number of reasons why this won't work.  Firstly, f7+enter is the base game and it cannot be changed by the devs, so it is default to the service stations which is what it is used for.  

Going to a company parking lot will defeat the purpose of f7 enter; ie say you have 100% damage, then you cannot move so you would need to go to the service station on that f7 enter.  

Unfortunately there is no way to fix this at the moment and it requires people's patience; of which most have none hence why we find the pile ups.

Nice detailed suggestion though!

I'm saying your trailer will go to the spot, you will be in the service and you have you take your trailer back within 5 minutes.

Edited by yolverine

I think that would then cause a pileup at that spot for the trailer.  Because everyone will go that way and still need to exit.  As far as I know there is no way to teleport your trailer.  You take the entity as a whole.  So truck and trailer.  And the only way to split is the player ending a job.  (ie when someone blocks with a trailer the admin has to kick the player to remove the trailer).

-1 first of all, things like this have been asked for dozens of times with each time being denied because of principle. 

Mainly because extending no collide zones zones over junctions etc will not solve anything, if a troll wishes to cause issues, they'll wait at the edge of the zone to cause you damage. 

Not only this but if you say certain streets are no collide, then people will drive more recklessly through the streets, doubling your chance of being either rammed or glitches out.

no, in all honesty, when entering and exiting a company, always be patient, don't speed in like you own the place, when leaving, if trolls are blocking the exit, simply open the tab menu, find the player, hit report and report them ingame, then take some screenshots of them blocking and a video recording, type /pinto and their Id number to get their account details, then simply tab out, go to this site and create a report. Chances are they will get removed in game and then banned through reports, simple.

Hello,

This would only solve the trailer from becoming damaged and not the actual problem itself. The problem is that no one seems to wait and they think that rushing into traffic is going to solve something. But, it causes more problems and traffic jams, which leads to many accidents that can't be avoided.

I disagree with the above suggestion due to an even bigger problem isn't being fixed and the base game would need modified to make this suggestion happen. So, this will mostly get rejected by the managers.

- Chev.

Edited by Haulin' It! l Chev

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

I don't know how this would come in handy, and if this is even possible. I'm sure TMP can't code the game to do this, you'll need to suggest it to SCS. 

And have you thought about when your trailer teleports, there could be someone in that gas station/hotel or whatever, it could all glitch out and your trailer would be damaged aswell..

I don't really see a way of implementing this, and I don't think it's necessary to be in the game.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

54 minutes ago, HapengCat said:

you can remove your trailer on pavement and after you can go to service but i think dont go D-C

I would not advise doing that because you can get done for blocking or just kicked by an admin if someone reports you

That is likely not possible or very hard to include without breaking the EULA, and generally people going to busy areas (eg. Duisburg, Calais etc) are doing so at their own risk, as this is stated at a lot of different places and constantly in games by admins ("No overtaking on CD road", etc) which means everybody knows which areas have the most chaos. I think instead if there was a rule, although hard to enforce, were everybody exited as RIGHT as possible and people entering entered as RIGHT as possible there would be less accidents as sometimes people fly out of service on the left side when people are trying to enter there. Also, if everybody leaving and entering made a right turn only, it would possibly solve some of the accidents. 

-1 firstly if you look at cities like Duisburg, Calais, Rotterdam, you see how many people averagely teleport to the services after some incident, all those people, according to your idea, will then have to drive to another choke point, be it a company area or fuel station, meaning all you are doing is moving the issue from one trouble spot to another with no fix at all.

secondly, this cannot be done by TMP anyway as it would require manipulation of the F7 Enter code to move your cab to the normal spawn point and  your trailer to a separate point.

a better way to control traffic at busy service stations is to block the F7 command within x distance of the more busy service stations, or depending on the limitations of what can be manipulated, swap teleport locations to second nearest point if near a busy city, that means the only traffic allowed into the services is driven traffic, not teleported.

alternatively the ONLY way to enter the services is by teleporting meaning you only need to deal with exiting traffic, not entering traffic which cause some of the issues.

• 2 months later...

-1 sorry, but I highly doubt that SCS will incorporate this suggestion into SP for one simple reason - the AI cars in SP do not drive into parking garages, repair stations etc and so the function to teleport to the nearest safe location would be useless in single player. Likewise, if a truck gets damaged by a troll in MP and Duisburg service is full (which it is 90% of the time), the residue of chaos would end up spilling to depots and the hotel in Duisburg, making the city a total no-go zone for sensible truck drivers. 

Teleporting multiple drivers at one time to the next nearest services (Dusseldorf) would result in chaos there as there would be a lot of truck drivers on the Dusseldorf-Duisburg road (particularly going northbound) because most of them want to get back onto the Calais-Duisburg road (which is why the service stations in both cities witness flipped over trucks, traffic jams etc). 

I'll use Duisburg as an example because of the chaos there. 

Edited by Positivetrucking168

• 2 years later...