Downloaded, Launcher is working, but it is not MP...

CarCat

Question

SO, I have downloaded using the launcher_1004 .zip file, and the launcher is opening and working as it should. I launch ETS2 through the launcher, and a Steam notification comes up saying "TruckersMP wants to launch ETS2 with the following parameters: launcher/ launcher", and I hit OK. The game launches flawlessly, and then it just comes up with the menu like the normal game. No "Euro Truck Simulator Multiplayer" in the loading, no sign in screen for TruckersMP... I think it has to do with the file location, but I've tried all, and none work. Please help!

- CarCat

Drive safe!

8 answers to this question

Hello @TheCarCat22

Please can you uninstall ETS2 from steam via the steam library and go to steamapps/common/ and delete the Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder.  Please then also go to your documents and back up your Euro Truck SImulator folder to an external hard drive or dropbox and move it out of documents.

Next please use win+R and type %programdata% and delete the truckersmp folder.  Uninstall the launcher.

Restart your computer.  Run steam as admin and install ETS2.  Then once installed use the library to find local files for ETS2.  Copy the location of the ETS2 folder.

Now install the launcher as admin and paste that location into the install screen when it asks for install location.

Paste the Euro Truck SImulator 2 folder back into documents which you backed up.  

Then run launcher as admin and see if this works.  Ensure your antivirus is not blocking the launcher.

Try this to fix the issue you have to download Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2 from Windows.

You can find the file at this address: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Steps:
1. Download and install Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2
2. Restart PC
3. Run TruckersMP launcher as Administrator

43 minutes ago, oolala11 said:

Hello @TheCarCat22

Please can you uninstall ETS2 from steam via the steam library and go to steamapps/common/ and delete the Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder.  Please then also go to your documents and back up your Euro Truck SImulator folder to an external hard drive or dropbox and move it out of documents.

Next please use win+R and type %programdata% and delete the truckersmp folder.  Uninstall the launcher.

Restart your computer.  Run steam as admin and install ETS2.  Then once installed use the library to find local files for ETS2.  Copy the location of the ETS2 folder.

Now install the launcher as admin and paste that location into the install screen when it asks for install location.

Paste the Euro Truck SImulator 2 folder back into documents which you backed up.  

Then run launcher as admin and see if this works.  Ensure your antivirus is not blocking the launcher.

Ok! I will try this, and report back whether it works or not.