Trolling - not ban worthy?

Jyrgen94

Hello everyone. I am making this post to show you one instance I had on a road, where a player was trolling me. I made a report and it got denied. What do you think?

Here is the report with video:

Jyrgen94 at 18 May 20:42 Public

https://youtu.be/eJLHKiususo
For this report I have combined 4 raw 30 sec recordings in timely order.
The trolling started, when this guy overtook in C-D road and took out my friend which is why I pulled over to wait for my friend (the same themed truck behind me satty52.) Since he was next to me, I was nice and I let him pass so we can carry on with our convoy which is when the trolling started. He was driving extremely slow infront of us. I am aware that overtaking on C-D road is not allowed with much traffic, but we could not carry on with this speed. Next 3 videos show me tying to overtake him. All the times I attempted that, he accelerated up to high speeds, and when I went back to my lane, he stopped which was causing accidents.

immortal766 at 01 Jun 21:29 Public

There's nothing to ban for here.
Thank you for the report

@Jyrgen94Just be patient.  You failed the previous attempts so you should have just slowed down and waited.  There would have been traffic up ahead.  Also where you crashed were solid double white lines which indicate no overtaking.  

^ The player was intentionally trying to cause a head on crash by speeding up in order to ensure that OP couldn't complete the overtake manoeuver and then slowing down in order to ensure that he couldn't pull back in. I feel that it was simply a case of the admin not watching the entirety of the video. 

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

1. You do not have to pass it
  2. If someone comes across you should not fade (You can not put the traffic in danger)
    ?
  3. You can not put the traffic in danger
  4. Yasak yok !

As I see it,he was driving at the regular speed limit,but as you drive faster than the speed limit he did not want you to overtake,the problem is,is that you have not got the pataince to just hang back until he turns off, or you do,I know you might be fustrated, but think about it,relax

I allways drive very fast, 60 to 70Mph on country roads,but and a big BUT,I allways slow down on country roads if i come behind a slower driver,I do not overtake on country roads

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

The troll has clearly achieved his aim - he annoyed you until you broke the rules.

1:20 You rammed another vehicle in your attemp to evade oncoming traffic.

1:50 You were trying to overtake uphill with few to none view on possible oncoming traffic (that is not a rule violation).

Only overtake if you can ensure that no other road user is jeopardized during the entire overtaking process.

Do not overtake if prohibited by traffic signs or in-game rules or if the traffic situation is not clear.

And for the troll:

If you are overtaken, do not increase your speed.

Drive safely!

Hmmm, i actually think that this is yet another problem caused by the lack of set punishments for specific rule violations. In my opinion the inconsistency of the in-game admins is the only issue i am having right now (and please don't get me wrong, i admire the admins for the work they do, it's just the missing guidelines stating which type of violations should receive in what penalty that makes consistency in the ban system almost impossible). Usually this means that players braking the rules will receive no punishment from admin A whereas admin B for example would have handed a ban for the offense.

Of course the perpetrator in this video didn't try to harm you directly by ramming or something similar, but he was clearly misbehaving as he was driving pretty slow, provoking you to overtake him and when you try to do so he just accelerates making the overtake impossible and actually cause a huge risk to you and any oncoming traffic. In my eyes this is definitely not right, as this player definitely did this on purpose and put other truckers into risky situations with his moves. That should have absolutely be a ban, but as already mentioned above, use the feedback option to get this looked over once again...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Just now, Aragon said:

Well, you should not be overtaking hardly ever on the C-D road so that's one possible reason it was declined... yes he slowed but by overtaking (which is not allowed there), you put yourself at fault for whatever happens.

I agree that the player recording the video was braking the rules as well, but in which possible way would this justify ignoring the pretty dangerous moves by the player blocking the traffic behind him? Again, i am well aware of a few cases where both, the reporter himself and the reported person, have received a ban in a case like this when both of them have been acting against the rules. Which brings us back to the lack of consistency behind the report system...

signature.png

19 minutes ago, Daniellus_PL said:

In my opinion he was driving right speed. You were crazy with that. You should wait. But i think he will get ban for it. 

If you take a close look to the video you can clearly see that this guy was intentionally going slow when somebody was behind him and as soon as he was about to get overtaken he accelerated to make it impossible to overtake. This resulted in the overtaking truck to hit the brake when he actually slowed down as well, making it impossible for the overtaker to get back into his old lane. There's nothing right with this kind of driving, obviously this is intentional trolling and as risky as it gets. In my opinion there's no excuse for a driving habit like this, as this wasn't just a mistake by the perpetrator, moreover it was a fully intentional move. I think this guy really needs a ban to overthink his actions, as he definitely won't change a thing if he doesn't get punished.

signature.png

Hello, it is true that the other player to a suspicious driving. However, in my opinion, he does not commit any offense. Futhermore, you have to be careful, because repeatedly you try to perform overtaking, however, you do not have any visibility on the road and you still try to overtake while you see off other players coming in Face of you. Therefore be careful.

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg 

@Jyrgen94 I've had many reports declined when the evidence was there for them, this is not unusual it seems to happen quite often. I don't know if they just decline at random to save time or they just do it in the hope you get fed up and stop reporting (making their life easier) I have met some Admins that are great, they will look at it and take action, others just don't want to engage with it but that is my opinion. Don't be put off from further reports and if it happens consistently I would consider complaining to someone more senior.

Not sure what others have to say but if 3 times on the same road you managed to almost get into a head on collision trying to overtake the same guy, then maybe you shouldn't be playing the game or at least stay off the CD road. And the 2nd time you were trying to overtake on a double solid line. Can't say what he is doing is acceptable either, one time is understandable that maybe he is trying to brake to let you pass and didn't see you merging back in, but really you shouldn't be overtaking with a trailer on that road. 

Make a complaint mate at ([email protected]) that goes to I think Community managers and Projects manager, but i think use both done things wrong, yes he trolled, but you tried to over take were its not suitable and incoming traffic, i think admins panic abit to incase they the guy and it shouldnt be banned you get me? but yeah pal just email that email above and you should get a correct answer shortly.

Janty

2 hours ago, Trucker_Chileno said:

Ban for both and end of the story.

Yes I agree with that, I thought the same when I viewed it, shouldn't have crossed double white lines but declining the report was wrong in my opinion although he could have been banned himself through his own evidence. 

Archived