Duisburg Workshop

BlueSky <3

Suggestion Name: Alternative possibility to move out of the Duisburg workshop.

Suggestion Description: This is an alternative road that should be crossed when Duisburg is overpowered with players.

Any example images: Scroll down :D

Why should it be added?: 

It would reduce the traffic jam at the Duisburg workshop and the players would then spread to Duisburg. I always used this road and it is much better.

Unbenannt.PNG

Hello,

Sadly, there's nothing you can do and no one will listen if you tell them to do something.

Players will still go any possible way that they can get to, doesn't matter if an admin is there, rule in place blocking it or 200 other players.

Thanks for the information though.

- Chev.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

In theory this would work wonders, but add in the players and it won't work at all. You'll have players who won't listen, go left instead of right. If the main road is full of trucks the people leaving the repair shop will still need to wait. You'll have those players who sit on the wrong side of the entrance blocking people so they can't get in etc etc.

I have already suggested something like this:

I'll give you a +1 on this one, however just like on my post it is stated, something like this would be hard to enforce. There are thousands of players on each day, and especially in an area like Duisburg where everybody is getting 1FPS people will just go in all different directions. Also, the right turn out and in to the Duisburg service center is very sharp. If two trucks, one going in and one going out would be doing so at the same time with trailers attached, they would collide. So not too sure as to how much trouble something like this would resolve in Duisburg. Maybe Rotterdam or Calais where there is a divided road it will though.

Perhaps the only thing we can do is extend the NCZ out on the street, so that people have time to maneuver out and then in a straight line it would be decent to go into the collision zone again. Not too sure on how well something like this would work, but certainly better than the current situation at Duisburg during peak hours I think. 

Unless it was set in concert that if you're leaving the services, that you turn right only and if you turn left, you get kicked, then sure I guess, but then again, the distance between the traffic lights and the entrance to the services is fairly short, so you'll still get queues, blockers etc happening.

what would work better is to have all inbound traffic make the left turn past the LKW depot and continue anti-clockwise around the city, While traffic leaving the services turns right and then left at the lights and exits the city via the dual carriageway, anyone who wants to get into the service station has to enter /DUISSERV in chat to allow them access, anyone not going the correct way will be auto kicked/teleported.

This is a 

17 hours ago, Haulin' It! l Chev said:

Hello,

Sadly, there's nothing you can do and no one will listen if you tell them to do something.

Players will still go any possible way that they can get to, doesn't matter if an admin is there, rule in place blocking it or 200 other players.

Thanks for the information though.

- Chev.

17 hours ago, Adrian22-PL [N-TRANS] said:

Hello
Unfortunately, your suggestion would not work in practice because players would not use it. Thank you for the dots: Duisburg
I am begging and Wishes of Width and Adhesion on Virtual Roads. 

17 hours ago, ThatCrazyPillow #Wish64 said:

Hi there,

I'm sure nobody will ever listen to these things. In my opinion, people are free to drive where-ever they want to, and they should not be forced to drive the other way around to make it 'more efficient'

17 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

In theory this would work wonders, but add in the players and it won't work at all. You'll have players who won't listen, go left instead of right. If the main road is full of trucks the people leaving the repair shop will still need to wait. You'll have those players who sit on the wrong side of the entrance blocking people so they can't get in etc etc.

16 hours ago, [ZZ-Trans] ~NLgabberNL~ said:

great suggestion but sadly 98% of the players in EU2 doesn't care about other drivers XD it's give's the in-game admins a great pile of work but the do the best they can!

13 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Unless it was set in concert that if you're leaving the services, that you turn right only and if you turn left, you get kicked, then sure I guess, but then again, the distance between the traffic lights and the entrance to the services is fairly short, so you'll still get queues, blockers etc happening.

what would work better is to have all inbound traffic make the left turn past the LKW depot and continue anti-clockwise around the city, While traffic leaving the services turns right and then left at the lights and exits the city via the dual carriageway, anyone who wants to get into the service station has to enter /DUISSERV in chat to allow them access, anyone not going the correct way will be auto kicked/teleported.

11 hours ago, [LSA-ARG]Alfa131313 said:

Pretty good idea, but as others said, no matter what, you won´t make everyone comply to that :)
Drive safe!

15 hours ago, Chio San said:

No chance,nobody one would stick to it...^^´

It should not be added!

It is just a tip for the people who want to get out of Duisburg without any damage and traffic jams.

And I did not know in which forum I should describe my idea.

27 minutes ago, preciseloner said:

It is just a tip for the people who want to get out of Duisburg without any damage and traffic jams.

You then should've put it in Offtopic Discussions, but it has been posted many times before though..

It's great that you think about ways to make the MP more efficient, but something like this has been requested/posted many times before.

Just try something else which hasn't been posted yet, I'm sure you can think of something ;)

The best of luck mate :)

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

This would be a nice way to have it but you know the funny part. Most of the people in Duisburg on this game can not even get out of the parking lot correctly from the repair shop and oh dear GOD if they were to follow the signs. It would be nice but simply not possible because having that much of large traffic going the same direction people would never get anywhere. Nice suggestion though

• 4 weeks later...

Archived