Why do you slide in ETS2

PwnarN

Question

10 answers to this question

Slide?

I think you mean when you corner too fast?

This would be because of the trailer stability and also your speed. Slow down and you will corner alot more smoothly and safely. :)

Probably because your tyres have not enough grip

Or, because of your trucks intertia. Your truck is heavy, so it is pushing your semi which is often percieved as sliding

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Hi there,

could you please describe what you mean with slide?

If you mean the slide if you hit your brake, this is normal and is happening in real life, too.

Hope I could help.

In case I helped you to your satisfaction or you find my post funny, there is a green arrow beside my post. Click it to reward the effort, please :)

Because just like in real life, with a heavy trailer if you apply brakes while turning, use your retarter or engine brake your truck will slide out on you. Some trailers are more prone to doing this than others, for example this one, probably because of the heavy weight on such a short trailer. 

empty.jpg

You probably slide because of your trailer or your settings for you controller/keyboard/mouse. I know that I had a trailer that every little move I made, made my truck go haywire. I would switch your trailer, if that doesn't work adjust some settings in the control tab. If you can describe that problem better that would be great.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.