Louder sirens

_Party_

( I know someone else has made a post like this but i don't think it really got the message threw ) 

Suggestion Name: louder sirens

Suggestion Description: in MP the police car sirens are way to quiet, if your on the Calais to Duisburg road and a police car is chasing someone or is trying to get past traffic ( for what ever reason ) you can't here them. as much as the beep there horn you just pass it off as a car being impatient. 

Any example images: 

Why should it be added: so people will hear it and get out of the way ( and adds more realism into the game ) 

the cars them selves are pretty pointless and serve no purpose to the game ( in my view ) but the police cars add a bit of realism and make it more interesting, pulling over to the side of the road, letting emergency cars pass i don't see why admins don't use it more often... the only admin i see use it is @KacaKTV if only one 15% of the admins use the police car then what really is the point in having it?? :unsure:

• Upvote 2

+1 I've heard it a few times in game and yes it seems very quiet. I think admins don't use it because if there is somebody blocking, ramming or breaking some of the rules they need to get to the location ASAP (so not by the police car), otherwise the player could realize that an admin is on his way and exit the game or teleport somewhere.

• Upvote 2

you give a good point ^^^ but alot of admins just fly over the roads monitoring them from above not getting a real feel for what's going on for all they know a guy could keep slamming his brakes on causing trucks to crash but because he's no on the road himself he might not see all the traffic constantly stopping then going :lol:

Ooops, looks like you took a wrong turn or the file you are looking for doesn't exist

Edited by Chinois&Cinesi&Kinesisk

Everyone seems to have a good point with their response to what I have posted about when it comes to the sirens being louder. My thing is that I think with a higher volume in siren sound more drivers could hear them. This would work in some cases because if someone is blocking and suddenly they hear the siren they might decide to move. Kind of an approaching warning if you know what I mean. I have watched the video above and that admin has my respect. He was doing it as real as he could make it and I think at some degree it should be like that depending on the area the report has come from. Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen for your replies to my posting and I hope you all have a good day. 
REQUEST TO HAVE POSTING LOCKED. 

We also.need to take into account that what's the chances we'll come across an admin with his sirens on? It's pretty low. The flashing blue as well as the fact it's an admin is usually enough for people to move. The admin can also teleport easily or use the free camera if needed. 

i like the idea but I don't really see much use for it (reason below)

And -1 to the admin in the video above. it shows me more of a "show of power/abusive" instead of proper admin work.

Point 1: Notice how abruptly he stops in front of the gas station and slams on the breaks and starts his work when he should have gone up the side and not blocked the path while drivers on the same path as him HAD to manoeuvre around him while he did his admin work.

Point 2: Let's say he wanted to enjoy a bit of a drive throughout, while doing the admin work... but the starting of the video already looks like reckless driving throughout just because he CAN; or how he rammed the back of someone because he could not stop in time at 6:57 which should be banned for causing other drivers trailers' to be lifted up in the air and get damaged upon landing back on the ground. And how he continued to weaved through the heavy traffic while "kissing" some trailers and trucks along the way just because he CAN. And he didn't even inform/thank the China player for making way for him to move on.

Point 3: He really needs to improve on his indicators so as to show drivers which way he wants to go. And not abrupt left/right/stop left/right stop.

Lastly, he could have simply teleported to that grass patch where he wanted to standby and do his admins duties instead of weaving through traffic forcefully.. so really.. respect isn't the apt word for this scenario.

I have no personal grudges towards that admin or any admins whatsoever, nor am I saying I can do a better job than him. I love what they do out there despite their busy real life and in-game schedules. But I guess first you gotta look at how the admins behave or how they can better behave to show the driving community out there how to follow rules by being proper examples themselves. Through this video, it is a show of one of the bad examples, sadly. Reason for "don't see much use for it" - Plus the fact that some in-game admins have stated before (I forgot their names, sadly) that they're not there to show off on the ground, they can be watching from above using their freecams and still do their work proper. So in this case, I do believe in the admin's good intentions but he took a wrongful and reckless approach, hence losing my respect. 

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Hello,

I see no point in making the sirens louder and due to the fact.. if an admin needed to get somewhere they could always just teleport and see the problem themselves. Instead of trying to get their cars there, which could cause more problems by trying to move the trucks out of the way and forcing them to collide with each other. So, I disagree with this suggestion.

That's my personal opinion on the suggestion.

- Chev.

• Upvote 1

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.