Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Deactivate speed limiter until you are a veteran

Suggestion Name: Speed limiter activation

Suggestion Description:only let veterans be able to turn off speed limiter,

Any example images: NA

Why should it be added?:Because we all know that once you join and play on the servers that have the speed limiter dissabald they grab a car and shoot around the map causing damage to trucks. we all know that in about a year they seem to settle down and drive a bit more respectable.

I just thought of this guys as I do not know if it is possible,but if it is what does evveryone think of the idea

• Upvote 1

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Skills come over time as the more that a player plays the game the better they become. I was crap when I first started and the more I play this game the more I get better and know the roads and as well as my truck. 

Just now, derpatrick9 said:

To be honest,i would freak out to drive with an limiter for over an year.

Which means we would never actually get to our destination LOL

Oh well, it is only a thought to get these new young drivers from racing around causing havoc

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

You have a good point but you have to consider the work that has to be put into place to limit those drivers. you are pretty much isolating them 

Let's be honest now. Even though much is being done about these trollers the fact is that most of us will be a victim of these trolls everyday when we play.

And at least 60% will be new accounts.

There will be a time that the team will need to get tough on these guys.

From one side: If someone is new to MP doesn't mean he is new to ETS. He could have many hours played in game and a lot of skill and experience gained before joining MP.  

From other side: Just look how many veterans are in this forum and then check their activity - it's near to zero.

Does some kind of status make somebody bad or good driver.

IMO min. time spent on SP should be increased. Lot of new players join MP with only 2 hours experience in the game. That is not enough for MP. They don't know the rules, they drive and behave on the road very bad. Many of them even don't know basic functions and features of game and TruckersMP app. Many of them think that CheatEngine make them kings of the road.

Other thing is that when you joining game server you accept the rules and you agree with them. Even if there is no speed limit that doesn't allow you to breake the road rules like overspeeding. 

Is it really fun to drive 140km/h loosing whole simulation aspect of the game?

If users never log on the forum they don't get a veteran status timer sort of speak. 

Example, I joined TMP February 7th, 2016. According to my forum profile I joined February 10th, 2016. I didn't get Veteran Status on Feb 7th, I got it on the 10th, the date of my forum join date. 

You yourself (OP) joined TMP February 28th, 2015. According to your forum profile you joined March 8th, 2015 which was the time you logged into the forums. Same can be said for one of my friends, he joined TMP December 21st, 2014 but has never logged into the forums. As a result he doesn't have veteran status even though he's played for 2+ years. So, how is it fair for users who have played for 2+ years to be forced to keep the speed limiter on just because they haven't logged into the forums? On top of that this won't stop trolling, this won't stop ramming, we will still have issues. 

• Upvote 1

-1. Want a speed limit, go to EU1. Most people on other servers like EU2 in the DLC areas (Scandinavia, Going East, etc) seem to drive very responsibly for the most part. I myself thought that I learned how to drive properly in the game in around a weeks time from when I got it, not a year. I couldn't imagine being stuck with 90kph max for a year, I probably wouldn't be here right now. 

-1 Previous people are quoted what I thought

But good luck for your suggestion ;)

Edited by Caernage

8 hours ago, Hey_Wtf said:

Suggestion Name: Speed limiter activation

Suggestion Description:only let veterans be able to turn off speed limiter,

Any example images: NA

Why should it be added?:Because we all know that once you join and play on the servers that have the speed limiter dissabald they grab a car and shoot around the map causing damage to trucks. we all know that in about a year they seem to settle down and drive a bit more respectable.

I just thought of this guys as I do not know if it is possible,but if it is what does evveryone think of the idea

Veteran status never proves whether you're a better driver or not, some people are always bad at driving, no matter whether they've been a part of mp for years, others pick up all the required skill within a year, different people progress differently.

thiink of it this way, how many innocent and fair people are you restricting, just to catch the few who misbehave? Also, who's to say that a troll doesn't sit on a profile for a year till veteran status before going out and trolling? What can applying a speed limited to all under a year do to stop a troll from ramming, blocking, driving recklessly and causing other issues? 

In in my opinion, this suggestion isn't worth the time to code because if the intention is to stop trolls, it won't, it won't stop havkers usingspeed hacks to get around the limiter, all it will do is annoy those legit players who end up getting targeted more because they are stuck at s limited speed, meaning it will further ruin the experience for new blood  no end.

@Hey_Wtf, -1 

1. Your registration as a "Veteran Driver" does not mean that you are a preferred member.
2. In nature "Veteran Driver" not the indicator of the quality of driving, knowledge of the game, which can be correlated with the title of "Veteran Driver".

3. "Veteran Driver" - in my understanding, it means responsibility, not possible on the servers. I hope that this will continue.

4. Account can be bought, stolen, and more other situations. The rank of the forum can not, should not be subject to additional possibilities in the gaming world.

Edited by AlexKERNEL
  • Upvote 1

10.jpg?_1693113983

-1 this would be pretty unfair, just because someones new to MP it doesn't mean they are a troll or a bad driver and they should not be forced to have a speed limiter if they don't want to. Also as already mentioned above one year of driving in this game means noting on actual ability. There is noting wrong with speeding and lots (me included) speed without any issues in controlling the truck or car. If you can handle the truck and car at speed then there is noting wrong with it. There is a speed limited server (EU1) for those that would like to play with speed limited.

• Upvote 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Do you mean veteran rank in game? Even if i agree, this will not work, they can use mod to boost level like i did after i lost mine profile and started over, or they can just use profile that is already higher lvl. The better solution is to increase the hours played time that is requiered to join MP it was 2h only when i joined.

90 too slow? You joke right? Do you know that this is not a racing game?

The veteran rank doesn't necessarily mean good/experienced drivers, it just means you've joined for a year. Some proper 1 hour-old / 1 day-old drivers in this community may find going above the speed limit in really vacant places / really vacant highways beneficial, so ruling out such an option to "members" is too excessive. Plus the mod is based on the SCS game, so you can't say such a thing unless you're part of the SCS team and decided to tick speed limits on players who purchased the game and had it for less than a year.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Hello, I do not agree with your idea. Indeed, activating the speed limiter for those who have less than 1 year experience on multiplayer is not fair. Indeed, most players who come to play on the multiplayer, have already played several tens of hours in solo mode. In addition, to be able to play multiplayer and activate your TruckersMP account, you must already have played 2 hours in solo mode. This action has been put in place so that new players learn the basics of driving on ETS2. After the rest, come with the experience of driving.
In addition, it is up to each player to pay attention to others, if they roll too fast and / or commit an offense, they must bear the consequences and consequently they will be punished. 

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BerkaYYY said:

Even if it's a speed limit, I think the trolls will not end.

And further to that point, back in the day when EU1 was more popular than EU2, there was a speed limiter and I was still getting smashed by trolls.