Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

"+1" System

Rev.

Suggestion Name: 

"+1" System

Suggestion Description:

Some form of alternative method of rating posts, this would not need to be tracked like the current ratings however it could be. It shows that the user agrees with the post. Although, the current like system is similar in many aspects it just makes it clearer for users and aids the reduce in forum clutter.

Any example images: (please excuse the awful image editing, it was a 1-2 minute job)

Spoiler

UK1Mep6.png

Why should it be added?:

- Encourages reducing post clutter,

- Encourages users to use a rating system rather than re-iterating replies,

- Allows Moderators to navigate threads as they penultimately have a lower page count,

Alternatively, the contents of the above could be scrapped and the TMP staff could notify users and encourage them to use ratings rather than re-posting content.

Just a simple concept which could be useful, I'll leave it down to the feedback.

Edited by revoluti0n

@Haulin' It! l Chev That's the only downside I see. I strongly agree with you though.

It just makes it more of an obvious option rather than being called 'Like'. Or they could rename the 'Like' system to a +1 so it serves both ways? Potentially, renamed to 'reputation' or similar.

Edited by revoluti0n
  • Upvote 1

The existing reputation system is pretty much identical to the one you're suggesting.

Only difference is of course that the reputation system shows a permanent result of what people are giving to each other, and not just a current "agree-counter" on the post or thread. I don't see any problem either with having a counter of it, as it acts as an useful display/indication on the user aswell.

And in the end, I don't see the issue with people replying +1 or -1 to a suggestion with a reason explaining why, regardless if they give a reputation point or not. Because the forum rules states that you can't publish any useless content, making all such content reportable. So yes, the solution would be to mark content that does not contribute any further to the discussion more actively.

I like the idea behind the suggestion, but I don't see the use of it.

• Upvote 1

I think instead of this we should have a "-1" counter. Because from what I understood what you said, its basically the same thing that is already there. Perhaps we can just enhance what we already have. As for the -1 count, it would be useful for suggestions and whatnot. There could either be two separate tabs, showing who "+1'd" and who "-1'd" or, say if someone "+1's" and someone "-1's" the same post, the post now has 0 reputation points. 

@[FC-T] sko0923 -1s would only really be of use for suggestions and could be used for trolling purposes. Not saying its a bad idea but would need restrictions..

Another point is people could use polls in suggestions to reduce clutter. Unsure if this is currently available for normal users though.

• Upvote 1

Firstly, I'm unsure as the whether this is possible via IPBoard... Secondly, I personally don't believe that there's any use for the suggestion, people of whom disagree with the suggestion can just type -1 and give a valid reason for it. People who agree can just give reputation to the suggestion. It's not an entirely bad suggestion, it just seems rather useless.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

I'm sure it would be a possibility @Mirrland if they created their own addon/plugin or found an alternative thats already available.

I strongly agree that it is slightly useless. It just makes it more convenient for both moderators and users not just on suggestions but questions etc in General sections and help forums.

Maybe as per suggestions go, users should make use of polling systems to reduce clutter, is this currently possible?

Edited by revoluti0n

Declined.

It's pretty much identical to the reputation/like system we have, and we won't modify IPB to add a secondary system like that.

If you agree with a suggestion, feel free to like the post, or to post that you agree. Even if the post is hidden to facilitate more discussion, staff can still see it.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.