Need help with ETS 2 with new Windows

EcoEye

Question

Hi, my computer is running slow and things are going funny, when it was first built by myself and I put new windows on it was fast as f***, but gradually has gotten slower. I have tried cleaning it up etc but has not really done the trick. I am going to back up what I need but my question is regarding steam and ETS 2. Firstly, my games registered with steam such as car mechanic simulator, ets 2, train sim, will I still be able to play them after the new installation? And secondly, how can I back up my saves for ets 2 so that when I reinstall windows, I will be able to go to my old saves. 

Thanks In advance. 

4 answers to this question

Hi EcoEye,

First question - Yes, your Steam library games which you purchased will always be available to re-install. Just reinstall Steam + login to your account on your new system/windows installation and download the games from your library. They will always be there as long as you do not loose your Steam account details.

Second question - To backup your profile or save game, your profile folder is located in the following directory: documents/eurotrucksimulator2/profiles/profileID 

^ Just copy and paste the folder with the string of letters or numbers into a safe place, from which you can restore the folder back to the original location mentioned above after your new operating system + euro truck installation. 

Wish you the best of luck and I hope you will be able to sort out your computer issues. 

• Upvote 1

Hi EcoEye,

First, yes when you buy / activate a game on steam, it is save on YOUR account, so you just need to login again on steam, if you change your computer and you could download them again, and again ( NO LIMIT )

Secondly To backup your ETS2 profile go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2 and save the PROFILES folder. Than, when you will reinstall ETS2 just remplace the new folder by the saved folder ;)

I hope my answer has been helpful.

Best regards

Edited by EnderGamesYTB