Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Traffic Offences defaulted and binded to TMP account IDs.

Syntackz

@[GlobEx] RoachCoach

firstly, this isn't the real world we are talking about here, this is a fictional representation of the real world, so in that respect, you have to look at it that people are not going to adhere to the same rule book as they would in the real world. After all, ETS2 and ATS are what are called CASUAL Simulators, where they do accurately simulate aspects of the real world, but the world is "dumbed down" to make it easier for anyone with any sort of skill to pick up the game and have fun. 

I would understand and would agree with real world speed limits etc if the game was a full on sim where every aspect is detailed in full from vehicle movement, i.e keys start engine, every switch does something, etc to being able to open the door, get out and walk around your truck and fill up etc, then sure I'm down for 110% realism and that's it, but because the game is a casual simulator things should be set in a way that has a lot of give in all directions. 

Same me goes for red lights, yes, here in the UK you should not pass through a amber light and most definitely should pass through a red light, but again, the game is not 100% true to life and you ask any use bed of admins and they will tell you that as long as you: 

dont cause an accident

dont block flowing traffic

purposely enter a busy intersection on red

then the chances of being banned are slim to none, but if you do cause a wreck etc, then you're liable for punishment, which is how it should be, you should be allowed to do certain things depending on the situation, it really annoys me when someone runs a red when there's nothing but stopped traffic and it's safe to pass through, yet people still scream REPORT in chat like they know the rules inside and out. That's where I disagree with you guys. Also, it's nothing to do with speed really, unless you're belting along at 40 over the virtual limit, the only times I've ran a red light is been when there is 0, nada, zero, no, absolutely not, not a single, vehicle around for over 600m from me or when I've had a particularly heavy load on a steep grade with REALISTIC brake parameters being the distance to stop is greater than sight line, so running the red is safer because you are not stopping in the middle of the intersection being a potential hazard, yes people speed and run reds, but as long as they are NOT HURTING otherroad users physically, then for goodness sake, leave people be, if they cause a wreck, well they're held accountable. 

Pits not about ego at all, if he person can easily handle turning, stopping and visually spotting hazards at higher speeds, well good on them, same goes for those who can only handle lower speeds, you cannot blanket everyone in a GAME and say you all have to drive at x speed and enter corners at precisely y speed and angle, it's just not fair, letting people do what they want is what gaming is all about and I'm sorry to say this bud, but, if you want 110% real world scenarios, either play single player with mods or get a HGV License IRL and go drive in the real world because at the end of the day, ETS and ATS are just VASUAL SIMS.

how dare you surmise about someone you do not know or have seen drive, you cannot say that me or anyone for that matter, base their driving skill off of this that and the other, I personally follow the rules set out on this very website and apart from 1 lapse in judgement in the early days where I lost my temper, I've never broke any rules stated on the website on purpose, by accident, yeah maybe, but on purpose, like hell a like. So long as the rules are kept flexible as they should be for most offences, there will be no issue, you have to remember that anyone from the age of 5 and even lower can play ETS2MP under supervision of an adult and anyone over 12/13 can sign up to play, how can you expect kids that young to know every rule of the road and be able to follow the rules as us adults can? 

I dont know know why you keep reiterating that we play "EuroTruck Sim" it's not like its x-plane 11 levels of detail or asset to corsa levels of knowledge and skilll required, it's just a game, that's it, yes some of us seem it as a legit simulation and try to play the game in a way that compliments that belief, but you have to understand that not everyone sees the GAME in the same way, some just want to play TMP to hang out with friends, others want to just play and unwind after a long day, others want to play full on HGV driver, there isn't just one group of players for these games, unlike x-plane or Assetto where it's one or nothing. 

As for wrecks, it's very very easy to tell who's in the wrong and right by looking at V I D E O  evidence that shows the events.eading up to and after the event, that's why it's strongly recommended to record your journeys and submit relevant evidence. A photo only shows the events after an incident occurs so pointed the finger of blame is next to impossible in almost all cases, whereas video proof shows everything that happens, end of. 

All in all, unless the system has a lot of give and take in its rulings, it will put off a lot of players who just do t want to deal with being penalised over stupid mistakes in a video game, which will only leave the hardcore sim drivers and the trolls who, as you said, have got smarter in their attacks, by the way, if you own a disk copy of ETS2 or ATS, you only need to create new steam accounts to log into TMP under a different name, no repurchase required, that's how trolls can cheapily carry on their attacks. So really, unless there's a reward to the consequences to offset stupid mistakes, it's just going to annoy any legit player who just wants to play for the sake of playing.

• 11 months later...
On 27.5.2017 at 9:18 PM, Syntackz said:

Makes roads safer

There are no plans to add system bans like that. Being a Game Moderator yourself, you know how this would end up.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.