Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Traffic Offences defaulted and binded to TMP account IDs.

Syntackz

Suggestion Name:

Suggestion Description:

Something like how the speed limit is defaulted on EU1. But this time, to default the Traffic Offences option on all servers and if someone activates the offence, it will be binded to their TMP account ID.

Say for example:

If the binded offences reach a certain amount of maybe 300, the ID will get banned for 1 day automatically. And as the number of offences rises within that same account ID, the ban duration gets longer.

Any example images? :

5929cfd0e0605_trafficoffense.png.95c015c712f56f36f7bdb22e24fd9eb8.png

Why should it be added? :

Significantly reduces the idea or possibility of trolling / Makes roads safer / More "law-abiding" drivers / More realistic experience.

Thank you for your time and reading.Happy trucking.

• Upvote 3

UxiKSFa.png

Imagine the following: The player has 299 offences and he waits patiently to get green light on the intersection. Some kind of troll/rammer crashes into that player from behind. The kinetic energy transferred is just enough to give him red light offence. The result: The victim of the rammer gets banned for a day because of the 300th offence on the account, even though the player was completely innocent.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

-1. While I don't agree with it necessarily, speeding and running red lights (most of the offences you will get in MP) are not against the rules, unless you cause an accident doing so. So penalizing somebody would contradict the current TruckersMP rules. Instead, record and report if you really want another user banned. 

-1 although it's a good concept, it just will not work with the randomness of TMP. At least with admins looking at the situation, if it's an accident, such as the guy ahead desyncing and you ramming into them, admins can dismiss it, whereas an auto system will see that you have collided with another player and so awards you with offence points etc, even though it wasn't your fault and you had no other option, and yes, I know there's people that will say, oh you shouldn't be so close to the guy in front, but sometimes desyncs can stretch for hundreds of metres and if you're at road speed, chances of avoiding a prolonged desync without super brakes enabled is impossible.

not to mention that in order to avoid trolls, the targets for each punishment will have to be set low or number of points set high per offences otherwise a troll could just drive down a road randomly ramming people for hours. 

Also, the points would have to be case sensitive, I.e. dependant upon the situation, you cannot set sweeping guidelines for every event that occurs on the road, it's impossible to code in every scenario, therefore many innocent people will get their accounts tarnished for stupid reasons that they shouldn't ever be punished for.

thats why the current record and report system works for, the bad guys get punished, the good guys get let off, it's simple as that, lol that is required is a default TMP recording software that you can set to record straight to your TMP account. 

10 hours ago, Batslav said:

Can be added only as statistic if possible but i disagree about penalties.

if there is no penalties in multiplayer than who cares about stats.for real i am saying how to decrease traffic in cities

10 hours ago, [FC-T] sko0923 said:

-1. While I don't agree with it necessarily, speeding and running red lights (most of the offences you will get in MP) are not against the rules, unless you cause an accident doing so. So penalizing somebody would contradict the current TruckersMP rules. Instead, record and report if you really want another user banned. 

i was suggesting for a new rule.and most of the people don't record game while playing and for example there are many drivers in calais server 2 like 150 drivers.if they follow this rule it can decrease most of accidents right.

9 hours ago, Chio_San said:

I think the thought is good,but I think as already mentioned it would also meet many innocent people...

As i already said 300 is not a small number.if innocent people can't follow simple traffic rules or they got trolled by someone and the probability of getting trolled every time is less.If this is implemented it will be nice and realistic.

9 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

-1 although it's a good concept, it just will not work with the randomness of TMP. At least with admins looking at the situation, if it's an accident, such as the guy ahead desyncing and you ramming into them, admins can dismiss it, whereas an auto system will see that you have collided with another player and so awards you with offence points etc, even though it wasn't your fault and you had no other option, and yes, I know there's people that will say, oh you shouldn't be so close to the guy in front, but sometimes desyncs can stretch for hundreds of metres and if you're at road speed, chances of avoiding a prolonged desync without super brakes enabled is impossible.

not to mention that in order to avoid trolls, the targets for each punishment will have to be set low or number of points set high per offences otherwise a troll could just drive down a road randomly ramming people for hours. 

Also, the points would have to be case sensitive, I.e. dependant upon the situation, you cannot set sweeping guidelines for every event that occurs on the road, it's impossible to code in every scenario, therefore many innocent people will get their accounts tarnished for stupid reasons that they shouldn't ever be punished for.

thats why the current record and report system works for, the bad guys get punished, the good guys get let off, it's simple as that, lol that is required is a default TMP recording software that you can set to record straight to your TMP account. 

i have never seen Offences for Collision in multiplayer.i was just suggesting for offence for  traffic lights and speeding and for real all drivers know what they are doing on road.if they skip traffic lights in cities that can cause huge jam in cities.As multiplayer is like more realistic and i want to suggest this rule to make it synced with real world.

• Upvote 3

UxiKSFa.png

22 minutes ago, Batslav said:

There are penalties but they are not automatic, people are beign reported and banned, there are tons of reports, thats why it takes time for admins to check them all.
If we get penalty for red ligts and speeding and so on, at some point we will all be banned.

i am just mentioning like there should be little upgade to mod and it does the counting part and ban drivers for 1 day some thing like that.there is nothing to do with admin and but it helps them to keep traffic steady

• Upvote 3

UxiKSFa.png

@[SST] ajith18592 the problem is, most of us on EU2 go faster than the posted limit, he'll, I'm a safe driver yet I stick to specified speeds for road types, I.e. 55-60 MPH for back roads/country roads, 70mph for motorways, 30 MPH for cities. So technically speaking, under your guidelines, I would be penalised every time I drive because I "speed" even though it's not excessively or maliciously and as for red light offences, as the rules state, as long as you do t impede other people, you can cross a red light, in my opinion it's safer to run a red if you're heavy and carrying a lot of speeddownhill than it is to try and stop because chances are you'll end up stopped in the intersection. 

Im not saying your idea doesn't work, but what I'm saying is that there are a lot more variables and difficulties employing a automatic point system than it is to use the convention record and report method. Particularly for offences like red lights and speeding as well as ramming, they are all case specific as to who is wrong and right, you can't say that someone doing 5 over the limit is as dangerous as someone doing 40 over, or that someone crossing a red light with no turning or crossing traffic is as bad as someone running a red at a busy and filled intersection, it doesn't work like that.

also, if your goal is to make roads less busy or to punish the trolls, then a points system will not work unless the number of points given per offences is half the total for a ban, meaning even innocent people can be banned for stupid reasons. 

So no, honestly, what would work better is a reward/punishment system where, like your idea, you earn points, but get the chances to redeem yourself by doing the correct thing and earning reward points, plus if you are a clean driver, after x goal, you can earn TMP specific rewards etc to help you either out on the road or in the community etc.

6 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

@[SST] ajith18592 the problem is, most of us on EU2 go faster than the posted limit, he'll, I'm a safe driver yet I stick to specified speeds for road types, I.e. 55-60 MPH for back roads/country roads, 70mph for motorways, 30 MPH for cities. So technically speaking, under your guidelines, I would be penalised every time I drive because I "speed" even though it's not excessively or maliciously and as for red light offences, as the rules state, as long as you do t impede other people, you can cross a red light, in my opinion it's safer to run a red if you're heavy and carrying a lot of speeddownhill than it is to try and stop because chances are you'll end up stopped in the intersection. 

Im not saying your idea doesn't work, but what I'm saying is that there are a lot more variables and difficulties employing a automatic point system than it is to use the convention record and report method. Particularly for offences like red lights and speeding as well as ramming, they are all case specific as to who is wrong and right, you can't say that someone doing 5 over the limit is as dangerous as someone doing 40 over, or that someone crossing a red light with no turning or crossing traffic is as bad as someone running a red at a busy and filled intersection, it doesn't work like that.

also, if your goal is to make roads less busy or to punish the trolls, then a points system will not work unless the number of points given per offences is half the total for a ban, meaning even innocent people can be banned for stupid reasons. 

So no, honestly, what would work better is a reward/punishment system where, like your idea, you earn points, but get the chances to redeem yourself by doing the correct thing and earning reward points, plus if you are a clean driver, after x goal, you can earn TMP specific rewards etc to help you either out on the road or in the community etc.

Thanks for reply now i understood.i was just hoping atleast some drivers to follow signal.

UxiKSFa.png

How about the opposite by rewarding the law abiding drivers instead? The players with the least amount of traffic violations within a certain time period get special colored name and possibly even custom designed trucks. That way, people will follow the rules for prestige and to stand out of the crowd. Personally, I would prefer extended afk time because it is more practical and possibly punish traffic violators with the most violations with decreased afk time to go along with it. 

massive -1 to this

this would be extremely unfair and penalize everyone who speeds and breaks red lights etc and unless you cause an accident running a red light those are things that are not against MP rules and also just because people speed and run red lights (without causing accidents) that doesn't mean they are bad drivers and that they should get punished. Yes there are people that like to fully obey all traffic rules in MP and play as realistically as possible but there are also loads that like to play but not obey all traffic rules and that does not make us bad players or mean we deserve bans.

As well as all that I am totally against any form of an automated ban system, no way should there ever be any form of an automated ban system, only actually people (admins) should be able to ban player, no one or noting else

If you really cannot stand people not obeying all traffic rules like speeding and running red lights (without causing crashes) then I suggest you play on EU1 which is speed limited and where players generally play more realistically then on other servers.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

5 hours ago, GKilat said:

How about the opposite by rewarding the law abiding drivers instead? The players with the least amount of traffic violations within a certain time period get special colored name and possibly even custom designed trucks. That way, people will follow the rules for prestige and to stand out of the crowd. Personally, I would prefer extended afk time because it is more practical and possibly punish traffic violators with the most violations with decreased afk time to go along with it. 

This might be nice idea.Hope this works.the people following traffic rules should be rewarded like points that's nice statement. 

UxiKSFa.png

4 hours ago, Killua (DavidOC93) said:

massive -1 to this

this would be extremely unfair and penalize everyone who speeds and breaks red lights etc and unless you cause an accident running a red light those are things that are not against MP rules and also just because people speed and run red lights (without causing accidents) that doesn't mean they are bad drivers and that they should get punished. Yes there are people that like to fully obey all traffic rules in MP and play as realistically as possible but there are also loads that like to play but not obey all traffic rules and that does not make us bad players or mean we deserve bans.

As well as all that I am totally against any form of an automated ban system, no way should there ever be any form of an automated ban system, only actually people (admins) should be able to ban player, no one or noting else

If you really cannot stand people not obeying all traffic rules like speeding and running red lights (without causing crashes) then I suggest you play on EU1 which is speed limited and where players generally play more realistically then on other servers.

I never asked which server is good and realistic to drive.i am just giving my suggestion that how to reduce traffic jam in cities in all servers.so using that system can reduce little work for admins.thats all.

UxiKSFa.png

On 27.5.2017 at 9:18 PM, [SST] ajith18592 said:

Suggestion Name:

Suggestion Description:

Something like how the speed limit is defaulted on EU1. But this time, to default the Traffic Offences option on all servers and if someone activates the offence, it will be binded to their TMP account ID.

Say for example:

If the binded offences reach a certain amount of maybe 300, the ID will get banned for 1 day automatically. And as the number of offences rises within that same account ID, the ban duration gets longer.

Any example images? :

5929cfd0e0605_trafficoffense.png.95c015c712f56f36f7bdb22e24fd9eb8.png

Why should it be added? :

Significantly reduces the idea or possibility of trolling / Makes roads safer / More "law-abiding" drivers / More realistic experience.

Thank you for your time and reading.Happy trucking.

Basically, I like your suggestion. Because it does not penalize with fines (which would be just laughable as many people money cheat their save games) but with driving bans.

In ETS2MP we are pretty close to reproducing the real life where driving bans are memorized way better than fines.

However, I do not agree on the exemplary given number of 300 offenses.

In my opinion, that number is way too high and it would give offenders too many opportunities to cause accidents.

100 however is something more open to dispute.

Because every single time a driver decides to ignore a red light or decides to drive at excessive speed, he/ she also approves possible harm to others.

That is of course still 100 times to many but hey, better than 300 times anyway!

Why are drivers in a hurry anyway that they have to speed and/ or run red lights?

True to the motto "Nulla poena sine lege" (no penalty without a law), or in other words: everything which is not forbidden is allowed.

+1 from me.

13 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Basically, I like your suggestion. Because it does not penalize with fines (which would be just laughable as many people money cheat their save games) but with driving bans.

In ETS2MP we are pretty close to reproducing the real life where driving bans are memorized way better than fines.

However, I do not agree on the exemplary given number of 300 offenses.

In my opinion, that number is way too high and it would give offenders too many opportunities to cause accidents.

100 however is something more open to dispute.

Because every single time a driver decides to ignore a red light or decides to drive at excessive speed, he/ she also approves possible harm to others.

That is of course still 100 times to many but hey, better than 300 times anyway!

Why are drivers in a hurry anyway that they have to speed and/ or run red lights?

True to the motto "Nulla poena sine lege" (no penalty without a law), or in other words: everything which is not forbidden is allowed.

+1 from me.

But the thing is, what do you class as excessive speed? Is 10 over posted limit excessive? Or is 2 over posted excessive? Same with red lights, if someone jumps a red light at a empty junction and the person has checked for any traffic before committing to their manoeuvre, is that hurting other people? That's like a police officer arresting you on suspicion of reckless driving because you have a tail light out and we not aware of it. 

Yes people jumping reds and "speeding" is annoying, but punishing those people for doing so hust because you find it annoying is not fair, that's like an admin banning someone for a week because they stop at every junction before proceeding, even green lights. There are more important things like ramming, trolling, blocking, indescent language on CB, playing music through cb, overtaking in busy areas, useless traffic in populated areas, attacking admins... the list goes on, a lot more important things than speeding and red light offenses, hell in my opinion, the more dangerous people are those who pull out of junctions without looking or who cut corners by racing from lane to lane to make a turn straight, the only time speed is dangerous is when someone who doesn't know what they are doing is driving at 80-90MPH on country roads that are winding and with blind turns, they are the dangerous ones. But speeding? As I said, unless it's 20-40 above posted speed or are going much too fast for the road conditions, I.e. High speeds on winding back roads where there's the potential to roll into traffic, but general "speeding" isn't harming anyone, if you're professional enough to drive at speed and keep control of your vehicle at all times, why do you deserve to be punished? 

Also, for a points system, I highly doubt it will be 1 point per offence, more like 10, 20 or even as high as 50 per offences depending on severity, that would work better, plus if there was a positive system where following rules and proving you can behave correctly, then you can get points removed back towards 0. That's a fair system, giving people the option to reverse things by actually following rules and driving respectfully.

• Upvote 1

@megadethsteve666,

I thank you for your extensive comments. I will try to answer them optimally below.

But the thing is, what do you class as excessive speed?

That is the question of questions.

Basically, speeding is defined as exceeding the speed limit.

So what are excessive speeds? I say that very much depends on where it happens (location).

Is 10 over posted limit excessive? Or is 2 over posted excessive?

Going 10mph over the speed limit of 30mph in built-up areas (cities) will more likely be considered as excessive speed than outside of built-up areas (highways) with a speed limit of 80mph.

You see, location is key. It defines the speed limit.

2mph difference however will certainly fall into the tolerance that is granted due to possible measuring errors.

Yes people jumping reds and "speeding" is annoying, but punishing those people for doing so hust because you find it annoying is not fair, that's like an admin banning someone for a week because they stop at every junction before proceeding, even green lights.

What is fair anyway?

Ask the driver who has to repair his truck yet again because somebody who ran a red light crashed into him.

Please understand that this is not a question of my personal preferences, it is a question of equal treatment of all players.

the only time speed is dangerous is when someone who doesn't know what they are doing is driving at 80-90MPH on country roads that are winding and with blind turns, they are the dangerous ones.

Speeding is dangerous because we consider it to be safe.

Or with your numbers: a road user that tries to takes the turn on a country road with 90mph considers it to be safe until... he crashes.

Honestly, most of us regard ourself as safe drivers because we think that we are always in control of our vehicle.

Against our better knowledge we feed our egos and ignore the fact that we cannot outsmart physics.

But the the most important factor that we must not underestimate is other road users.

We cannot predict their behavior with certainty.

E.g., will that driver stop at the red light? We assume that he will because he should. But we do not know.

That is why traffic rules exist. To make it safe for all road users.

Also, for a points system, I highly doubt it will be 1 point per offence, more like 10, 20 or even as high as 50 per offences depending on severity, that would work better, plus if there was a positive system where following rules and proving you can behave correctly, then you can get points removed back towards 0. That's a fair system, giving people the option to reverse things by actually following rules and driving respectfully.

I really like your suggestion regarding the possibilty of removing points again.

That will give violators the chance to improve before being banned.

I can see this being an issue at traffic lights like say when they are flashing yellow which may confuse the base traffic system as well as when the road is empty so you go through red or being rammed. 

I think a better revision should be this sort of penalty when driving on the wrong side of the road or a collision whilst on the wrong side of the road. Although it would be difficult to implement the system seems to know when someone is going wrong way and can detect collisions in single player. Therefore I think this would be better

@Joao Rodrigues

thats the thing though, the rules do not state what is considered excessive speeding, say to you, going 5 over the limit is considered excessive speeding, but to me, someone doing 20-30 over is excessive, especially if the road conditions are not optimal. Really, if a points system was put in place to stop speeders, then the rules on speeding will have to be updated to take into account road conditions, areas and the users selected limit mode, because personally, I have mine set to car limits which are the same as the posted limits on the roads, others have the factory truck limits in place.

as for red lights, how can you tar someone who runs a red safely, I.e. Stops, checks for traffic, before proceeding or someone who passes through a empty junction, to someone who recklessly drives through a busy intersection and causes a collision? You can't, that's why saying anyone who runs a red should get punished because there are so many variables, from desync to traffic density to trailer weight and brake settings to whether or not someone gets rammed through a red, it should be IF you cause a collision BY running a red light, then you get punished, not "everyone and a yo enjoy runs a red, no matter the circumstances, will get punished" that's like saying someone who gets rammed into the truck in front of them should be punished the same as the guy who rammed them. 

Itsnot about egos, it's more about who knows how to keep control of their vehicle in adverse states. Some can't manage more than 50, others, like me, can happily run back roads at 60-70 MPH and not wreck or even leave our lane because of something called BRAKES, which we use to stop us rolling through turns too fast to cause the vehicle to roll, that and experience, back at the start of my ETS2 carrier I would roll my truck easily because I never had a feel for the vehicle, now, as soon as I feel my wheel go light and my engine sound change, I snap it down and brake, never rolled my truck without outside assistance for 2-4 years now, it's all down to practice and knowledge.

and that's the thing, you cannot blanket sweep every player and tar everyone to the same brush, society doesn't work like that, every player has their own skill set, tbeir own strengths and weaknesses, their own way of doing things, it's impossible to say that everyone has to drive the exact same as the next, that's not realistic nor is it fair, those who break the rules get punished, those who stay within the extremes get left be, that's why I always say that any system that is automatic and isn't programmed to take into account all variables in driving abilities and circumstances, do not work, too many innocent people will get punished for the dumbest reasons.

You have to think about the  fan base for the mod, if you add rules and regulations as well as auto systems that have no variability, that's going to hurt multiplayer, player numbers will drop and if you're not careful, the mod can dry up literally to the point that it's not viable to keep running, sometimes it's better to take into account all the variability and cater things for that than sweep everyone into the same group.

again, that's why I think a positive/negative system with clear rules, regulations and structuring that takes into account all the variables in desync, driving abilities, driving style, road, road conditions, location, traffic density, etc etc, then we ŵill have a happier multiplayer, trolls will get dealt with reckless drives will be sorted, accidents that are legibly accidents will be forgiven and good behaviour will be rewarded, it's a win for all, plus admins will get less complaints in relation to bans etc because of mistakes or misinterpretation of the situation.

@Joao Rodrigues @megadethsteve666

you're both right mainly because both of you are speaking of 2 similar but distinct scenarios.

Point 1: Joao Rodrigues speaks of real life simulation where locations are key to judge excessive/speed limits. megadethsteve666, you on the other hand are speaking of personal preference with regards to how you feel speeds should be (according to the country you're in maybe), and not what it should really be - which is Europe/UK (BUT that's okay because like you said, the rules did not exactly state how much and to what extent is excessive speeding. Hence, having personal preferences on excessive speeding is okay in this situation). You are wrong by placing car limits because like what many others have said, it IS a truck sim. Even if you drive the Skoda car, you should have your truck limits on as it is a car-model-covering-a-truck. And if you want to go on about about limits, you should note that in the first place this is EURO truck, hence European/UK road rules are rightfully supposed to be followed respectively with regards to whichever areas you may be driving in. And in addition to those limits, both of you failed to mention the limits set on certain specific trailers. Hence even if you could go at the car limits using your truck, irl simulation, your trailer is not supposed to go at that excessive speed - depending on what trailer you take and what speed limits it shows of course. Imho, speeding is speeding, no such thing as excessive speeding/speeding. I, too, enjoy areas where I can speed in-game sometimes and whenever the situation allows me to, so as to reach my destination faster. It keeps me awake behind the wheel sometimes :troll:

Point 2: Red lights. I will reiterate: [EURO] truck simulator. Back home in Singapore, many of our rules very much follow the British system. Hence, with regards towards the Euro/British road rules (AND NOT American btw please remember such an important and heavy point) and as far as I know, Red Lights can only be passed when there's a signage "Turn on Red" or "Go on Red". Other than that megadethsteve666, there is no such thing as ANYONE who can "run a red safely" except for emergency vehicles in certain states, as well as Singapore's when required. So since we are not playing emergency vehicle simulator or any other state simulator, this option is completely ruled out. Also in reference to Joao Rodrigues as well as irl, I do believe you get 1-5 points depending on the state, for crossing a red. With that said, sadly, there are no amber lights to inform players to slow down and prepare for a stop, hence the reason why players excessively speeding may take an abrupt stop and slam on their brakes and then followed by some accident happening, depending on the situation and location.

Point 3: I don't see why you have to bring up ego. It was never brought up. Is this your ego talking? :troll: Just kidding mate. But yes I get it, if you can control sure, go ahead. If others can't, then they have to do what they have to do in keep their vehicles in control. Failing to do so results in a kick/ban anyway, depending on the situation or record history. IRL, well... you know what happens.

Point 4: It's not about blanket sweeping. It's about players not realising they are playing EURO truck sim (yes yes :troll:, another reiteration) and that many drivers with bad rep out there are just like you, having their personal preference of the rules which are not clearly defined and based on (possibly) what they can do in their own states. They forgot that IT IS (heavy drum roll...) Euro Truck sim.

Additional input in reference to Mega's post on June 3:

Mega seems to have misunderstood this point as usual as he takes things too personal. I didn't say Mega has bad rep, I said the ones with bad rep are like him: people who simply have personal preference on the roads based on their own country's rules. Please kindly go through that again as it wasn't meant as an insult to you or to categorise you as a bad rep driver. Another way to phrase this since you misunderstand so much, would be that drivers with bad rep are having their personal country preference rules on ETS2 roads, and that you also have your personal preference. Simple and neat. You tend to misunderstand a lot of what people say due to your emotions. Please try and see that no one is actually attacking you.

Point 5: This fan base issue, I don't I need to explain why it is so wrong especially with the way you explained it. The way you said it is like saying that TMP purposely didn't clearly define those systems so that they could keep their fan base going. You can cater sure, but you still have to make sure that whole same group understands that they are playing "Euro Truck Sim".

These days you can't possibly categorise which accidents are legit anyway. Trolls get smarter, they ram you and say they are sorry. And the situation looks like as if it really is an accident, but yet you look at the record history of the player ID and you see the account full of ram bans.. and you're like :troll:

All in all, I think what Ajith and Joao agrees upon is to further intensify certain offences that could reach a possible ban so as to keep players in check which is honestly a good idea which I would +1 to. But then again, other threads I've read have shown me how trollers purchase many copies of the game at a super cheap price just to mod and troll like in GTA Online so this is an issue which will probably be around in most games always. 

• Upvote 2

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.