Game Hangs when a player comes within range

mattballew

Question

I've been having an issue with my game hanging for about a second every time someone comes within range of me. (Within range is about 500m when they show up on tab)

I had this problem with my last computer, and I assumed it was just my computer having issues keeping up, But recently i replaced that computer with a new beast gaming computer, and I'm having the same issue..

I did copy over my profile from my old computer in order to not loose any saved progress on the game, and to keep my XB1 Controller settings.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to why the game will hang for about one second every time someone comes into range of me. The issue does not happen when they go out of range.

PC Specs:
Intel Core i7-7700k 4.5Ghz

32GB Ram (2400Mhz)
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11GB

Windows 10 Pro (Up-to-date)

Internet Specs:

100Mbps Charter Spectrum Package. Avg Ping ~35ms

My buddy bought the exact same PC as me, and he does not have this issue, So i am thinking this has to do something with my profile save directly. I really need to figure out how to fix the issue without loosing my save game, nor my Controller profile.

5 answers to this question

The issue could possibly be related to development logging, which you can disable in the TAB menu's general settings. I was having the same problem a while back, the problem may be happening because if you have this option enabled, at times it can hang the game as it's logging sometimes 100+ lines of text regarding truck details in a file for every single person that loads in.

• Upvote 2

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

7 minutes ago, Aragon said:

The issue could possibly be related to development logging, which you can disable in the TAB menu's general settings. I was having the same problem a while back, the problem may be happening because if you have this option enabled, at times it can hang the game as it's logging sometimes 100+ lines of text regarding truck details in a file for every single person that loads in.

That appears to have fixed it! Thank you for your help :)

The user in front of you may not be related to you because sometimes the server is lagging and the exact tab in the density is made for it to be done to the user in front of your doing something