In-Game Moderator distribution

Suggestion Name: In-Game Moderator distribution 

Suggestion Description: Have more in game moderators with specific task management, Have X amount of moderators handle Report systems, have X amount of moderators Stay and moderate high traffic areas and locations (Example Duisburg Repair depot or Highway intersection C-D roadthat makes lot' of queue) at all times. Allow for more moderators as for me it seems in game admins are few and usally depends if its the weekend or middle of the week. Hire Moderators from different time zones to make sure there's moderators mostly at any time of the day. Distribute more effort to focus on Areas rather on the  Report system

Why should it be added?: It would greatly reduce chance's of traffic jams, griefers/trollers. A systematic plan to crack down on Server issues. Currenlty TruckersMP has to poor in game assistance. Common choke points are rarely surveillanced.

Edited by [VIVA STAFF] ?raate?safe
  • Upvote 1

I'm guessing that you mean "admins" intead of "moderators". Moderators are those in charge of handling the forums, nothing to do with the game. And this being said, this suggestion has been made and rejected in the past. Admins are chosen from within the team and the managers decide if/when is necessary to increase their numbers, promoting people from other sections (Moderators, Support, etc.).

About the lack of surveillance on those areas, I disagree too. Those areas are the way they are because lots of players go there on purpose, just to join the chaos. So let them have chaos. It would be plainly unfair that IGAs have to focus in those places where people have what they wanted, what they went there for, leaving other areas of the map unattended.

Thus, -1 from me.

• Upvote 1

-1 for the specific roles. Remember, TMP staff are volunteers too, so you should not force them to be doing a specific thing. They have their requirements as per weekly or monthly hours and reports go, but other than that they should be allowed to do what they want. And just as Fernando stated, the people in busy areas (Duisburg, CD road, etc) go their on their own will, so they get what they expect, and if they don't like it they can file a report and still get the perpetrator banned.

However, by what I am seeing right now they could use a few more IGA's. While I'm not complaining and since this is a free mod I am extremely happy with it, it seems in the recent months the reports have been very delayed. 

yep as ^ stated. and you can check the traffic cams before choosing your route since you seem to want to avoid those areas with a whole lot of potential trolls too. if you don't feel like you should be the one changing the route to avoid those areas, then just bear with the traffic jams and whatever other problems that come your way like irl. record and report whenever you need to. IMO i enjoy the traffic jams and i have my fun whenever i get out of the C-D road scratch-free.. having empty roads and just driving through the game really bores me so i see the jams as somewhat an enjoyable challenge. it's a sim-game after all, just re-route and take a short detour if it irritates you.

last but not least.. there are many other servers in ETS2 that you can choose from. most of the time only EU2 is the one having the jam problem I believe. 

hence -1.

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

While I partially agree with the increase of the number of administrators I find it much easier to avoid areas crowded by trolls instead of filing reports all the time. Even if I have to cross areas crowded with trolls I tend to look for secondary routes and play mostly on DLC parts of the maps because trolls are usually showing up at places which are part of the base game (e.g. Rotterdam, Calais, Stuttgart, etc.).

Another option would be to introduce paid servers (in a subscription model) and part of the income would go to the infrastructure (servers, networking) and another part would be distributed amongst admins based on their active hours in form of gift cards, free Steam games, etc. 

But my suggestion would raise legal concerns as I'm not sure about whether a mod developer could ask for payment of their services or products bypassing SCS.

Edited by Norbi

Hello,

As stated above, admins are volunteers and they are not required to be on 24/7.. many have work, family and school to think about.

I disagree with this suggestion due to the time it would take to find and hire these said moderators.. the current system works fine.

Also, @deejayhush there's over 30+ admins and many don't broadcast themselves being logged on and many IGA's don't login unless they have some type of reasoning to do so.

- Chev.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

@IstanbullueThe team have been recruiting many more admins.  However there is a limited number and they all have a life as well.  Remember there are 3000+ people on the EU2 normally and they cannot watch everything

I agree with other too, the staff have a life, they're volunteers so it's a hobbies 

I study in a Social options and we're studys "What's a hobbies" 

A hobbies: It's a period during which an individual chooses to perform an activity that pleases him or her. It allows the person to "escape"

A free time: It's a period who stay when the all tasks are accomplished 

So I disagree with the suggestion about the moderator due to time 

• 3 months later...

its a no from me my friend. The system that is in place and with the new Trial Admins I think it's fine how it is. THere will always be congested areas and collisions. More admins won't stop that

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

Suggestions regarding hiring more administrators have been rejected numerous times and will always be rejected.

Please use the search function next time, there are many forum posts pertaining to hiring more admins.

Rejected.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.