Detecting Log-Off Location

Rev.

Suggestion Name: Detecting Log-Off Location

Suggestion Description:

I'm personally un-sure how the engine works, but most programming is similar as I have experience on other engines e.g. RV4.

Just wondering about the potential of adding a system which detects where a user is logging off to reduce spawning in high population/traffic. 

For example: if the player distance from C-D is less than (x) then it would spawn them at the nearest service station instead of spawning them in the high population area?

I understand this is a very vague idea which could be expanded on, un-sure if it could be practically implemented with the engine.

Any example images: 

N/A

Why should it be added?:

- Reduce traffic load,

- Reduce risk of accidental crashes etc,

- Reduce risk of troll spawning in high pop.

NOTE: the only downside I can see to this is using single-player to bypass where the player will spawn. Probably best to get a technical opinion on this.

For me that sound nice, but I would reduce it to telling the player that he is near to a high-traffic area.

Personally I wouldn't like to be teleported automatically, if you know what I mean.

• Upvote 1

In case I helped you to your satisfaction or you find my post funny, there is a green arrow beside my post. Click it to reward the effort, please :)

Both of the above are also viable alternatives. Thanks for your feedback on my suggestion.

@matematrix #Wish64, I only considered teleporting them away as the player may need to leave at that second and don't have the time to drive to a suitable log-off location and/or choose not to. Simply notifying users doesn't restrict them. But it is a good suggestion.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, matematrix #Wish64 said:

For me that sound nice, but I would reduce it to telling the player that he is near to a high-traffic area.

Personally I wouldn't like to be teleported automatically, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, a pop up box saying "You are attempting to log into a high traffic area, would you like to be teleported to a quieter/safer location? [Yes] [No]" would be a good compromise

• Upvote 1

I think there should be an option for that but definitely not automatic teleport. If you are not on CD road but near Duisburg (on one of the divided highways by any chance), I wouldn't want it teleporting me to Duisburg and basically leaving that service center with 100% damage. 

If you happen to be on a road, then you should be automatically teleported to the nearest NCZ. You're the one who logged off on a road, so it's not fair to other drivers for you to log back in and cause damage to their truck. 

If you don't want to be teleported then you can very easily log into SP and drive to your chosen NCZ then log back into MP causing no damage what so ever to other players. 

As far as I remember there were discussions about introducing ghost spawn to the game which would be somewhat similar to when you reset your car in racing games and being dropped back to the middle of the racing course. This would be a better compromise for players whose computer has crashed as well as for the ones who got their truck stopped and parked in the hearts of busy areas.

Update: forgot to add -1 as I believe teleporting a player is not a solution and can be exploited.

Edited by Norbi

On 28.5.2017 at 10:42 AM, Norbi said:

I believe teleporting a player is not a solution and can be exploited.

I don't think it could be exploited, simply because you are teleported to a NCZ, or maybe a service station. I don't really see a way for this to be exploited.

• Upvote 1

In case I helped you to your satisfaction or you find my post funny, there is a green arrow beside my post. Click it to reward the effort, please :)

• 11 months later...

The traffic load is always going to be as high as it currently is. Making people spawn somewhere else would not significantly better the situation. Additionally, there is a ghost mode when spawning, hence why that is not an issue nowadays.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.