Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Dynamic AFK detection + longer AFK time in parking lots

GKilat

+1 apart from the chance to give you some extra minutes away, this gives you the chance to wait in a parking space away from the city for a friend to log in, wait for the convoy to be ready, would give you the chance to wait away from the cities and don't make a chaos of them.

Also, what I really like is that you thought about how it can help to less populated servers, that is really impressive. Good luck with the idea!

7 hours ago, Latin-Foxy [Furry-ARG] said:

+1 apart from the chance to give you some extra minutes away, this gives you the chance to wait in a parking space away from the city for a friend to log in, wait for the convoy to be ready, would give you the chance to wait away from the cities and don't make a chaos of them.

Also, what I really like is that you thought about how it can help to less populated servers, that is really impressive. Good luck with the idea!

It's not just some extra minute but you can literally AFK forever without getting kicked if you play in a quiet server and gives a huge incentive for people to play in smaller servers because of it.

Thank you for the feedback and the support.

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2018 at 11:00 AM, Vanellus said:

I do not agree with you. Those AFK people will take the place of someone who want to play the game. If you need to go AFK, log out than log in back again. 

I already addressed this problem. This system will continue to use the current one we have which is kick players after a certain amount of time being AFK. However, the difference is that servers with barely any people in it would have infinite AFK time and only if they AFK in parking spots to prevent road blocking and for immersion purposes. Once the server is starting to fill up near full, then the current AFK rules activate and kick AFK players to allow incoming players.

A nice side effect of this feature would be people coming to low populations servers because of the infinite AFK which means that there would be less queue times overall because players won't get funneled to a single big server like what is happening now. So there is actually a huge benefit and improvement once this feature is implemented. 

On 5/23/2017 at 11:02 PM, Trucking Gekco said:

I'd rather see when you're kicked you get kicked to a queue or the TruckersMP login screen. Then when you come back you can join the game easier... provided you're in a NCZ.

Myself I haven't found the AFK timer to be an issue. Really though, if you're gone long enough for the AFK timer to kick in then should you of stayed logged in?

I agree with you there totally TruckingGekco. 

• 1 year later...

The entire reason for the AFK timer is to remove those who keep server slots filled up, and prevents other people from joining the server. Excluding parking spots from this timer will certainly be abused and that is not something we want, especially in busy areas on the map.

Rejected.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions