Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[POLL] How do you drive in-game?

Glanshon

[POLL] How do you drive in-game?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How do you drive in-game?

• I always obey the traffic laws of the country I'm driving in.
    • I ignore traffic laws but consider myself a safe driver.

Hello Truckers!

I'm in the middle of an idea and I've taken a pause for thought.

I'm wondering how many people fit into the 2 categories:

I always obey the traffic laws of the country I'm driving in.

The serious simulator who aims for a realistic experience by always follows the speed limits, doesn't ignore traffic lights, plans their route, pays attention to Road signs and knows what they mean, etc.

* edit * Also uses the harder trailer pickup and drop-off options and other relevant game settings to fine tune their experience for realism.

I ignore traffic laws but consider myself a safe driver.

The complete opposite of the above, but considers themselves to be safe on the road.

Thanks to anyone who helps me out with this <3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I obey the rules (especially speed limits). Yep, am being honest as I would sooner get to my destination safely a bit later than the speeders who often end up wrecking themselves (or others). Having driven Trucks for a living and also been a policeman, I have seen far too many accidents through careless driving as a result of excessive speeds. Doesn't mean I an not impartial to the occasional mishap on the road ;) Put a truck on its side the other day while within the speed limit, misjudged a corner :P

Why change the habit of a lifetime just because it's a simulation :P

Hello!

There's no harm in being honest. No names are attached to the poll replies so I've no idea whose voted for which option.

It's not a witch hunt, but rather a question where the ratio will help me to decide whether pursing an idea I have would be worthwhile or if it'd just be a waste of everyone's time ;)

I look forward to seeing the end result of this poll :)

<3

none voted for "I gnore the traffic rules" ?! Hold my beer!

Spoiler

follows the speed limits - LOL, "speed limits" xDDD

doesn't ignore traffic lights - only ignore them  if there's no one around

plans their route - always doing it & always evading the C-D road

pays attention to Road signs and knows what they mean -  ofc. but i have memorized things like which route is faster/shorter, how fast I can go in certain corners without flying in the oncoming lane

I cant vote on the poll, im somewhere in the middle.

My speed limits are 60/80/90 with normal cargo, 60/75/80 with heavy cargo.

If there is heavy traffic i stop for red lights. If there isnt a lot of traffic and someone stopped for the light I will stop too. If it is 300% save i drive thru red light, the way things are in the east, south and west there could be yellow traffic lights everywhere and it wouldnt make difference.

I do plan my route and pay attention to road sings.

I am using lower power engines, never 730 or 750 for normal cargo.

I break too much... so i've been told.

You decide. I think i drive safe.

I don't always obey the laws . 

BUT !! 

I do when I'm in city's and on single lane road and do when ever I see another blue dot (player ) approaching weather it's on my side of the carriage way or the other . 

I also dip high beam at night to oncoming traffic and always stop at junctions . On the other hand I do speed when on my own .

id say my biggest failing is remembering to switch to the left in the uk (but usaly remember very fast lol ) 

when driving down the road I will pretty much travel pretty fast but if people are around I slow down. Um when it comes to traffic lights I will go through them unless someone is around and then i stop as well. I use caution when there are other players around me. 

Just now, Glanshon said:

Hello Truckers!

I'm in the middle of an idea and I've taken a pause for thought.

I'm wondering how many people fit into the 2 categories:

I always obey the traffic laws of the country I'm driving in.

The serious simulator who aims for a realistic experience by always follows the speed limits, doesn't ignore traffic lights, plans their route, pays attention to Road signs and knows what they mean, etc.

* edit * Also uses the harder trailer pickup and drop-off options and other relevant game settings to fine tune their experience for realism.

I ignore traffic laws but consider myself a safe driver.

The complete opposite of the above, but considers themselves to be safe on the road.

Thanks to anyone who helps me out with this <3

I am actually really really obeying the laws and I am serious about it which makes the game more fun. But recently I got banned :( because I was trying to catch up my favorute streamers convoy. This is my first time getting banned in 2 years and it is my first time. I feel horible. Ets2 was my way out of stress but now I have to wait because of the stupid mistake I made :( . I even don't go fasted than the speed imit. Always use my speed limiter but.... what's done is done :( 

ßß

I speed. Not much, maybe only 10,20 over, but I'm not reckless, I'm careful.

I skip Reds. Not all of them, Only ones where they are irrelevant (the roads spanning off lead out side of the map therefore there's no chance of me hitting the other truck), or if the city is empty. Any players = Stop at reds. 

So yeah, I don't follow the rules of the road, I'd probably have stacking fines IRL, but on here, my ban record speaks for itself. 

If other players are in the vicinity, I'm pretty much option one, but when the list is empty, nobodies around, I loosen up a bit do what I want. 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

23 minutes ago, Glanshon said:

Hello!

There's no harm in being honest. No names are attached to the poll replies so I've no idea whose voted for which option.

It's not a witch hunt, but rather a question where the ratio will help me to decide whether pursing an idea I have would be worthwhile or if it'd just be a waste of everyone's time ;)

I look forward to seeing the end result of this poll :)

<3

1495478088-sans-titre.png

I can see all of you guys, who are LIAR ? :troll:

Seriouly, i try all my possible to drive with respect but sometimes, i need to break the rules, because else i will be blocked by some peoples who has been recently rammed or sometimes, i don't respect traffic lights who can be useless (left and right are blocked for example)

I used to set my cc at 110km/h on EU2 but for the past two months I've delivered wot contracts only, which obviously means speed limited to 90km/h. I was a bit annoyed driving that fast.

I always respect traffic lights and usually road signs, only one I probably ignore is the "stop" sign when there's no one around (considering it as a "give way" sign most of the times).

I have all realistic in-game settings turned on (realistic fuel consumption, simulation of brake system and trailer attach etc.), trailer stability set to low and I have set drop off points as hard by default. I also reduced economy settings so that I get 75% less than the normal income to make it harder to earn money.

Since its not a racing game i go with 90 max which in some roads is above the limit. I drive with about 40-60 in city areas mainly when with cargo. Stopping on red lights unless i hit the brakes too late which will end with road block. i do follow the road rules but not on 100% so i am in the middle between the 2 options.

I don't follow speed limits unless it's a sharp corner and I adjust it according to the surroundings.  I follow traffic lights unless there is no-one else there.  I keep distance if there's a truck ahead and use my indicators.  So I am in the middle

Seeing @marco6158's answer, I have nothing left to say, that's also my way of driving in the game (only I didn't change the economy change). Sometimes I'll go faster than the speed limits when driving downhill with heavy cargoes (even with cruise control and auto-retarder, the truck can go up to 5 Km/h faster) and this morning, I went on a road that I hadn't been to in a long time and for old time's sake, I removed the CC, left the truck go in neutral... I wanted to see how fast I could go while doing a WoT job (it was early in the morning, less than 1000 players online and this road is located in the eastern side of the map, so I guessed there would no other players around in several miles). With a hard-coded speed limit of 90 Km/h, my truck "flew" up to 121 Km/h!

EDIT: To be 100% truthful, I don't follow ALL of the speed limits. There are some 30 km/h stretches that I consider too dangerous if someone is coming behind (to most players, going 30 Km/h is like being stopped in the middle of the road). Also, the 40-50 km/h limits on highways entrances/exits, I'd rather enter the highway fast enough, same thing, in case someone is coming fast on that same lane.

I'm not ignoring traffic lights and road signs-road lines, but I'm speeding (carefully, not recklessly, if that makes any difference in your mind) when no one is around.

Edit: Now I read the full of first message, I'm practically in the middle of the votes. Hard park and advanced coupling is on, and I obey all rules mostly, except speed limits. So, looks like there's more than two kinds I assume.

I drive as realistic as possible; I see this game as a challenge to be as realistic as possible.

I follow all speed limits (I drive only WoT Contracts), and obey all signs, lights and limits. As realistic as possible, no swaying from that.

I don't see the appeal of driving fast or ignoring signs; its a simulator, not a racing game,  I play Project CARS when I want to drive fast, that's just how I see it.

Whether I'm in the city or on the open road, I drive the same. Following the limits, rules, and playing the game as realistic as possible ;)

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Going to be honest sometimes on the Duisburg- Calais route I do drive quite fast but I do only overtake when the road is clear or the grass when you get the roads with the red lane next to it, sometimes I have caused a couple of accidents due to when the steering locking in one direction usually after i'm typing. If i do a bad overtake I would go back to my lane or just pull over on the side of the road. It also frustrating when your overtaking and your game freezes, caused a coupe of accidents like that. Apart from that i'll follow traffic laws such as lights and all the others when in a highly populated area such as the cities. I guess we are guilty to drive the Skoda's at 200+ km/h. I know it's a simulator but listening to music and speeding is fun. I think my top speed was around 220-260 km/h. ;)

Archived