Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[POLL] How do you drive in-game?

Glanshon

[POLL] How do you drive in-game?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How do you drive in-game?

• I always obey the traffic laws of the country I'm driving in.
    • I ignore traffic laws but consider myself a safe driver.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for the 1st by mistake xD Anyway, I do obey traffic rules IF there is drivers around me. If I am alone I just go off rules a little bit (crossing a red light, speeding a little). When there are players at the same traffic light for example or just around me, I do take cautions and obey the traffic rules then so it doesn't cause us into damage..etc 

Hello,

I drive a bit fast but, I handle myself around everyone else at all times. I do obey almost every road law in-game when I'm in a town or by other people.

Personally, I don't see a problem with speeding, as long as you can handle yourself and don't break 10 other rules while doing it.

- Chev.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

I usually always try to obey laws (Though coming from the US, I really don't know all the Different regulations for each country on ETS2). Even when players aren't around. I play for the immersion not to deliver as fast as possible. 

I do it like a 50/50 thing, too. I don't follow the speed limits, I don't wait at red traffic lights, but of course if the light is red I look for other players that have the green light. But when it comes to right of way, etc, I always follow these rules :D

In case I helped you to your satisfaction or you find my post funny, there is a green arrow beside my post. Click it to reward the effort, please :)

Shocking results throughout really.

I constant 70/30 split with the majority being in favour of always following the law and being realistic.

Very happy with these results and will pursue my plans ;)

I'll leave this here though so we can all still share our preferences of driving style and understand eachother better as a community <3

• Translation Manager

I don't know how to answer this poll because I mostly obey the rules of the city that I am already passing by but sometimes if there isn't any traffic or someone around I pass red lights without waiting or drive fast in city :) I am always a careful driver and obey the rules mostly so the first choice is more suitable to me than the second one :)

76561198324253072.pngstatus.png

For me, answering this was a no-brainer. I am constantly following traffic rules, namely respecting speed limits, only overtaking at places where it is allowed and safe to do so (even though my first point already means that i barely get the opportunity to overtake anyone anyway... :D), using my indicators when turning, respecting traffic lights etc. For me this game isn't about getting from A to B as fast as i can, but i want to be able to sit back, have the opportunity to do what i love doing - which is trucking obviously - and yet enjoy the lovely scenery at the same time. Driving like a speed demon doesn't make a sense at all for me, if i am up for racing, i drive a proper racing game.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

sinds i am a EU1 driver and not so many players driving tere.

I ignore redlights if no one is in my range.

always drive 90 with normal and external contract.

dont overtake on B routes wen corners are comming.

Do use the hard trailer connection and realistic fuel :)

Always giving overtakers room to overtake even wen they lag and i signal wen its save for him/her and me to go back to the right lane :)

Wen you give respect to other players you can hope they will give it back ^^

sie43xhjrye7s.png

Well am I almost never obey speed limits :ph34r: I'm used to speeding and can handle the trucks and cars at speed ;):D 

As Jeremy Clarkson says Speed and Power :lol:

Only time I obey speed limits is when I'm driving with someone that obeys them or am behind someone that driving them and there isn't a safe place to overtake. I also don't always obey red lights :ph34r: I use the gps and if its clear then I'll go :P if not then I'll stop and wait until its clear

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

it's fine for those who want to take up the speed a notch or ignore the rules. I get it.... It's when you are a complete menace, cutting up drivers and passing only for your trailer to collide with those of us who keep it real. Getting honked at for signalling to use the left lane in Germany to stay on the Autobahn on the silly one lane bridges and coming up on traffic like a maniac. There has to be some accountability. 

140-169kmh, basically constantly flooring it. Although I drive at fairly high speeds, I always make sure to avoid harming anyone around me by using the horn to make sure they are aware of my presence and distancing myself from them. I generally avoid speeding in highly populated areas since it doesn't end well for anyone due to how unexpected people can be in their actions. Not really looking to pull out my cheat engine at the end of the job to compensate for the damage people cause literally by driving into the opposite lane on country roads.

Archived