[POLL] How do you drive in-game?

Glanshon

[POLL] How do you drive in-game?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How do you drive in-game?

• I always obey the traffic laws of the country I'm driving in.
    • I ignore traffic laws but consider myself a safe driver.

I obey all traffic rules except speed limits. Sometimes I find they are a bit ridiculous so I can find myself going double the limit if its 30 in a construction zone on a motorway which you can go 60 through realistically. However, I stop at red lights, know what road signs mean, use the most difficult parking option (in fact, I don't have the achievement on Steam for automatic parking) and have advanced options ticked such as realistic fuel consumption and realistic air brake simulation. I also tend not to teleport all over the map, I continue from where I last left off.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, in the game, I respect all the signals, but also the speed.

However, I must admit that a few times on the highway, I support, a lot on the accelerator pedal. When I play alone and there are no players near me of course. I'm very careful.

Moreover, I specify, when there are players with me, I always respect all the rules of the highway code. 

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

I ignore the speedlimit, mostly I drive 110KM/H on the Motorway.
Also I ignore trafficlights, if nobody is on the radar. If however someone approaches the traffic lights and they are red for me, then I stop and wait.

Stop signs get ignored by me, if there is nobody approaching. 
And I drive half on the emergency lane, if someone tries to take over on a 2x2 lane Motorway

Now you think, that is bad.
I would also like to point out: if someone needs to make a tight corner coming at me, I stop almost half a truck length earlier, so he has some room.
If I think someone is having issues with a tight corner before me, I keep my distance, so that person has some room to backup. (I have seen many video's that people are literally pulling up and put their truck almost in the trailer, while that person is having some issues with taking a corner).
When someone is on the emergency lane and nobody is approaching from the rear, I move a lane

On motorways I travel a few km over 90 to simulate a well set up speed limiter as you're allowed a few km more than 90 IRL even if the speedo shows 90km/h you're probably going in the region of 92-94km/h if you have someone like me setting the tacho/speed limiter up. I'm a mechanic and I like to set them a little fast because you get a tolerance on the speed limiters and then some if you know how to manipulate things (not running the wire or interference devices) because drivers like to have a little more speed so they can overtake faster/safer and not hold up traffic.

In Cities/Towns I religiously follow the speed limits because there's no point flying through the likes of Rotterdam at 70km and then trying to manoeuvre around corners, you're just a hazard to everyone around you.

On back roads, depending on the terrain/road I will either be on the speed limiter or I'll be following the limit. If someone wants to pass me and it's clear then I'll give a quick indicate to the side of the road to say it's clear and slow down a bit so said person can pass me.

I play this game because I enjoy driving trucks how they're supposed to be driven. I may have my license IRL but I am not a professional driver by all means, I have it to make my job a little easier. I play this game so I can sit back and relax whilst making sure that I'm not rusty so I'm not bouncing trailers off curbs when I take a truck on road test at work.

Shiftin' gears and drinkin' beers

I obey the rules all the time apart from when I am going east or france or north when the roads are bare I tend to speed a little to get more job's but recently since the heavy haulage has been released just been sticking to my WOTR books and having more fun easpecially when 55mph is fast enough for the heavy haulage......

Also past few weeks I have dedicated myself to staying away from C-D Route (Hells Road) because that's asking for problems.... but yea I do like driving as normal and safe as possible.... The traffic lights when they are working I always obey cause that alone can get you in trouble if you cause an accident.... if they flash organe constantly I crawl through making sure all directions I am heading to are clear and wont cause an issue.....

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

I am a driver who belongs to the first category...^^´

I always obey the traffic laws of the country I'm driving in.

The serious simulator who aims for a realistic experience by always follows the speed limits, doesn't ignore traffic lights, plans their route, pays attention to Road signs and knows what they mean, etc.

I also find it a bit unfortunate that so many are extremely fast on the road.

Sometimes I feel like I'm on the bike,on a Formula 1 circuit...  :P

@Glanshon

Well I always ignore traffic lights because of the map that shows you if any other truck/car is comming,if there are trucks or cars near by i allways stop on reds.

My speeds are fast as is allowed on the road I am on,country 60 -70Mph,Motorways 115 Mph if there are bo trucks or cars near by,I allways slow down when i see on the map if anyone is around.

So i am a safe driver and will always give way too other members. The reason for this is because, MP has no real traffic, so you can not call MP a true simulator,why do you think  that loads of ETS2 drivers, all ways try to get an improved traffic mod,realistic heavey traffic mod,and so on,so you can not say who drives MP like a real simulator :P but nice topic :D 

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Archived