Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Service Center Entry at Big Cities

Suggestion Name: Only right turns permitted in/out of busy service areas (eg. Duisburg, Calais) during peak times.

Suggestion Description: Allow right turns to get into service and out of service at busy areas during peak hours. 

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?: It seems a lot of the issues at service stations are people who are trying to exit repair and turn left, and then those trying to enter turning left, with those exiting and entering right, it causes big chaos in busy service stations during peak hours. In all of these cities, you can go around using other roads to get yourself to enter and exit by making right turns only. This would keep traffic flowing and keep the opposing lane clean with nobody waiting for 10 minutes to make the left turn. As mentioned, this rule can only be there for busy service stations (I'm thinking Calais, Duisburg and possibly Rotterdam) and only during the peak hours, on server EU2. 

• Upvote 1

Clarkinator said from another forum post that they cannot enforce this.

6 hours ago, Clarkinator said:

This has been a problem that we have been dealing with for weeks. I don't have a good solution for it, but if everyone leaving repair turns right, it does fix a few issues but not all. That being said, we can't force it.

Most of this makes me want to say that you use it at your own risk but that's somewhat unfair to some users who aren't using the C-D road that end up there accidentally.  We are open to ideas for fixing it but none of them seem particularly that good at the moment.

Edited by English

36 minutes ago, Spintires said:

Although they think the expansion of the collision free zone, there will still be problems

but we think that if the collision free zone is extended, the player has plenty of time to go beyond other players

If they expand the no collision zone there will still be problems when you leave the new no collision zone, if you get what I mean. This idea seems like the most logical idea to do without editing the base map.

I like the idea too.. but I doubt TMP can "force" this like what English has shown from Clarkinator's post. But you have my support if maybe you suggest it to SCS to implement in future map expansions like how their fuel stations/rest stops look like in the Vive la France DLC. I have provided a picture below to show what I mean. Maybe the "one way" road in and out doesn't have to be so complicated (and the service station will replace the fuel station) but I hope you get what I mean.. somewhere along the lines of what the picture shows. 

TS31PLm.jpg

• Upvote 2

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Good idea but hard to enforce. 

There's really not much that can be done other than teaching players to only F7 Enter to get in, Then quick travel to the nearest garage to get out. 

That's personally what I do. I drive into the city, if it's packed I'll just F7 Enter to get inside of it, if there's chaos trying to get out, then i'll just quick travel to the nearest garage and that's usually a short distance away, easy enough to get out of there. 

• Upvote 1

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

2 hours ago, Miles! said:

Good idea but hard to enforce. 

There's really not much that can be done other than teaching players to only F7 Enter to get in, Then quick travel to the nearest garage to get out. 

That's personally what I do. I drive into the city, if it's packed I'll just F7 Enter to get inside of it, if there's chaos trying to get out, then i'll just quick travel to the nearest garage and that's usually a short distance away, easy enough to get out of there. 

I sometimes do that too but the problem is when you have a load and want to finish it. Then you can't teleport to a garage.

• 2 years later...