Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Harder rules for trolls

Suggestion Name: Harder ban rules for trolls

Suggestion Description:
Lately there is a increase of the amount of people complaining about trolls.
We need to counter that, before a lot of people stop playing, because they get sick of reporting.

My suggestion: if someone records a troll purposely ramming multiple people, count every ram (attempt) they did on a different truck, as a ban count.
For example 4 trucks rammed, 1 month ban.

5 trucks rammed: 3 months ban
6+ trucks rammed in one report, a instant perma-ban.
Even if it is a account that was just made.

I do not know if this rule already is in effect ofcourse :)

Maybe also add in the report system, how many truckers are recorded being hit by the troll, so it can be highlighted for the admins as a priority case.
If someone abuses this to get his report highlighted, then the report goes below the pile of reports that are currently being processed.

Another idea to make trolls faster to spot in the report system: (I do not know if that is already the case), that if someone gets reported by someone else on the same day. That this report also gets highlighted, once a admin clicks on the report of the troll, that was reported by someone else.

Any example images: nope

Why should it be added?:
I know that trolls are harder punished than a occasional ram or block, which is good.
But somehow it is not good enough. Because more and more topics are being made every day, about the amount of trolls.

I got this idea after the latest troll report video that was posted on the forum. That guy tried to ram / rammed more than 6 different trucks. 

• Upvote 2

-1 This would be extremely unfair, sometimes accidents happen or people make mistakes etc and this sort of banning would be very unfair. The current ban system is perfectly fine as it is right now, its a very fair system in most cases and the trolls that will continue to troll even after getting banned will be banned again and again until a perma ban. There is an increase in trolls now due to the increase in players as its coming into the summer. Just continue to record and report the trolls and they will get banned and eventually the trolls that don't stop will end up with perma bans.

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

@w7x,

have you ever heard of the "presumption of innocence"?

Your suggestion however puts all players under general suspicion.

It opens the doors for trolls to flock together and set up innocent players as possible rule violators.

I think it is really not asking too much to establish a replay buffer of 60 seconds with the software of your choice and use it as evidence (which would probably solve your issue of flooding your hard disk drive, too).

• Upvote 1

This is not fair. Sometimes you can did mistake and ramm somebody. 
However, no manager wants to lose the players.

Not sure if i understand, but are u saying that if we get reported, we need to start recording after that? What if people cant record? And whats the point to record if something happened before that?
 how a late recording will prove that you did nothing? Not sure how in game reports work, but i think they send warning to admins and they check whats going on at that location. What can be improved is to maybe stack the bans for multiple rules violations, like if u get reported for few different accidents, you shoould get increased ban time like 1 week for each new report or something like that.

@w7x,

as you apparently did not understand the content of my previous post, I will give you a simple example.

Three or more perpetrators ally and report an innocent player of their choice.

As a result, the latter receives a notification to collect evidence to prove his/ her innocence.

In short: an innocent person is required to prove his/ her innocence.

In my opinion, that contrasts strongly with the presumption of innocence and could be interpreted as a violation of human rights.

Furthermore, the suggested procedure on how to convict perpetrators of the abuse of the system remains unclear.

I do not think people really understood what I am saying...
Everyone can make a mistake, even grave once involving many trucks.

In my 1st post I said:
 troll purposely ramming multiple people,

Meaning: He meant to hit multiple people.

I will show you guys what I mean:
https://youtu.be/ce7LQzvXGFQ (3 months ban with my suggestion)
this:
https://youtu.be/Z_CE1sKPltk?t=47s (Permaban)
and this:
https://youtu.be/k0w8-jLZZVM (Permaban)

These trolls deserve that kind of punishment.

Hi mate, hope your doing well,

For the first part of your suggestion: I see this as simply unfair and unjustified; the system in place at the moment works fine; the trolls are getting banned, they are receiving punishments in due course. No matter how many times a troll rams another player, they are most likely going to get banned. When you report a troll on the website, the user gets banned for a reason, normally for one case. If there have been multiple reports against that user, the ban gets extended, and evidence added. So if the user rams multiple trucks, and multiple people report them, they will get a longer ban anyway.

It should be the admins decision how long to ban for; its up to them how long the trolls get banned for the first three bans of that account anyway, so a system where 'if the troll rams multiple trucks, they should receive automatically set longer bans' is just not really needed.

For the second part of your suggestion regarding the use of highlighted reports to show priority of the admins: you have already said, this can be easily abused. I quote "If someone abuses this to get his report highlighted, then the report goes below the pile of reports that are currently being processed" - how can the admins judge whether its being abused? If this was implemented, it would be a magnet for troll abuse, and would be a waste of time for admins, taking there time away from other reports.

So, in conclusion, I don't really think your way of thinking about this is correct. I also echo a few you have replied, but i'll that that for you to read and consider yourself. I won't be supporting your suggestion on this occasion.

Hope you can understand my point of view, and I apologise for the length of my reply.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

19 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

What if it happens to be a new player who actually didn't mean to ram into anyone, but rather accidentally bumped into 6 trucks while playing. That doesn't deserve an instant perm ban.

I agree with this, and think it may shoo people away; Think about it, if I was a brand new player who had just gotten my 2 hours in order to play Multiplayer, and had not configured any controls and happened to accidentally ram into 5 or so trucks, it wouldn't be fair for me, and at that point, if I knew I was going to get banned because I was a newbie at the game, I would want to go elsewhere.  

So, perhaps if the player was messaged by an Admin asking why the behavior was happening, they would have a chance to say "I am a newbie" and such.  If it was a troll, I am sure they would continue, and proper punishment would be taken.

10 minutes ago, [TSR - Vet] Bus 51 (Norm) said:

So, perhaps if the player was messaged by an Admin asking why the behavior was happening, they would have a chance to say "I am a newbie" and such.  If it was a troll, I am sure they would continue, and proper punishment would be taken.

Hi there Bus51,

You make a good point, but a few of your points don't really add-up; but let me just clarify something for you;

1. An admin would not message a player asking 'why is this behaviour happening.
  2. Being a newbie isn't an excuse for breaking the rules; everyone is forced to read them when they sign up, once they've clicked agree, then are just like the rest of us, new or veteran.
  3. How would an admin know whether a player is a newbie or not, without checking several profiles beforehand? They aren't going to check each rule breaker, and give newbies a shorter ban due to this.

Your most likely correct in saying that if the behaviour continues, then a ban would be issued, but whether the user is new or not, the rules are the same, and so are the punishment(s) that are enforced upon them when they break the rules.

It would be even more unfair if an admin was to be 'more understanding with newbies', considering they all signed up and agreed to the same rules.

Hope this clarifies something for you, have a great evening as ever.

• Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Hey Attach,

I definitely see and understand where you corrected some of my points,

Rules are there when you sign up, and when you click "I agree", you are agreeing to the fact that if you do any such nonsense as trolls would do, you are to get the proper punishment. Good point that I missed!

As for newbies, I can see now how they are responsible for knowing how to operate their trucks; They can always practice some in Single Player if they see the need to.

Thanks for the feedback! Earned my rep.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I don't see how a player can 'accidentally' ram or bump into other vehicles. It's basic road sense.

Anyone with ping issues that bad should be opening suggestion threads about server locations or going on lower population servers rather than knowing that they will cause issues which could result in them being banned.

I recently watched a video from an IGA's POV. (see link). And thought that he was way too lenient with a lot of the clear trollers. Anyone purposely ramming, blocking etc. should have a stronger punishment. Giving them temporary cool downs of up to two weeks just let's them come back on and carry on..

I was involved in an accident once with a convoy. I was driving totally alone and stopped at a toll gate for a quick break. When I got back to the game there were several trucks around me, reversing to the parking space, aligning themselves before and front of me. Tried to move away in an instant and got moving. Just a few minutes later the convoy caught up and started to overtake me one by one when one of the drivers bumped into me because of desync. The whole convoy (around 8-10 trucks, not sure) stopped just 200 metres front of me and started to spam their horns, reporting me for ramming. Thank god they didn't had this "report stacking" thing happening as it would have meant a permanent ban for me as I had no recording software installed on my machine by the time.

A huge -1 for this idea.

• Upvote 1

There are accidently crashes, and if you got rammed, other say "rec yourid blocking" and you get unfairly banned. The Admins should be carefullier to look what kind of situation right now is.

Lags cause crashs, Ping cause crashs, Server cause crashs...

If you don't record everything, you can't do an ban appeal, and most of players have bad pcs, which means they cant record.

If someone is ramming you, please consider to report him with the Report menu or record him. That's all. Professional/Good drivers have the right medicine for this kind of sitatuation. He could make a brake check or drive around the idiot.

But remember, crashs are normally, there are crashs by idiots and crashs by good drivers. Everyone makes crashs, and you should look some more on Steam profile or TruckersMP profile, check if he has WorldOfTrucks or is reporting. If we report EVERY who crashed, TruckersMP would be empty. We should see, if the player is ramming more players, if only one time and he says more times sorry and stays where the crash was, and don't drive away, this means that the player is not an idiot or an troller.

But if the player is logging off, going to services or driving away, without writing, that means you should report him right now. Yeah, there are idiots who say "sorry sry sry" and they drive away. But if they stay still you go to services or drive away, that means he didn't wanted to make an crash.

And to "Im a newbie", you just have to look at his profile. And newbies should drive over than 20 hours in singleplayer, TruckersMP should make the time instead of 2hours to 20 hours. => some rammers get away, because they don't want to wait.

• 11 months later...
On 22.5.2017 at 11:00 PM, Aestrial said:

You make a good point, but a few of your points don't really add-up; but let me just clarify something for you;

1. An admin would not message a player asking 'why is this behaviour happening.
  2. Being a newbie isn't an excuse for breaking the rules; everyone is forced to read them when they sign up, once they've clicked agree, then are just like the rest of us, new or veteran.
  3. How would an admin know whether a player is a newbie or not, without checking several profiles beforehand? They aren't going to check each rule breaker, and give newbies a shorter ban due to this.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.