Duisburg/Calais service entrance

Save

Question

7 answers to this question

This has been a problem that we have been dealing with for weeks. I don't have a good solution for it, but if everyone leaving repair turns right, it does fix a few issues but not all. That being said, we can't force it.

Most of this makes me want to say that you use it at your own risk but that's somewhat unfair to some users who aren't using the C-D road that end up there accidentally.  We are open to ideas for fixing it but none of them seem particularly that good at the moment.

• Upvote 3

@Clarkinator Well, If the developers makes a command that allows us to teleport to another nearby service station, that would make things a lot more calm at Duisburg and Calais, possibly that whole road too.

For example

"/stp Rotterdam"

"/stp Lillie"

"/stp Brussel"

etc...

(stp = service teleport)

This new command could also make the staff's job much, much easier. Which means in-game reports could be dealt with faster.

Edited by English
  • Upvote 2

I don't really think there is a way to solve this problem, even if you had an admin there all the time it still wouldn't solve it. If you wait long enough there are chances to get out so the best people can do really is just wait for your chance to leave, if you are in a car or a truck without a trailer then go to your garages and teleport to Duisburg and then leave from your garage or even teleport to another city.

I remember that Rotterdam service station used to often be like that during peak times and there wasn't really any solving it and now its Duisburg thats like that, during peak times there isn't really any way to solve it, as bad as it is to say go there at your own risk it does seem to be a fair enough and only option. Anyone thats unlucky enough to f7 there thats not going C-D then the best and only option if you have a trailers is to just wait for your chance to leave (may take awhile)

I think admins time in MP would be better spent dealing with in game reports rather then spending their time watching Duisburg Service Station which still wouldn't solve the problem  during peak times, its not actually that bad other times, it during peak times that its a big problem.

• Upvote 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

or expand the NCZ to the nearby intersections giving people more room to manouver or wait to get out more safely

other then that i can also only recommend taking a detour along a more quiet road

babcja.jpg

The biggest problem is in my opinion not the frequency of using this service, it is the exit with the sharp turn.

Is it possible to extend the "No Collision Area" to the street? This should solve the problem with the trafficjam, or defuse it a little bit.

And a other reason for this heavy trafic there are the cars at the Duisburg-Calais road. The most cars i have seen on this road are lunatic drivers. Overtakeing on both sides, overtakeing into the oncoming traffic, speeding like hell and so on what causes many crashes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.