Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Black screen when starting Truckersmp

aicaba

Question

Hello, my problem is the next.
When I start the game in truckersmp It launch the game in 64-bits and It left the screen in black and with the sound working and I ask for help to solve this problem.

The specifications of my PC
- Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4770S CPU @ 3.10GHz
- Memory RAM: 8GB
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8570 2GB

5 answers to this question

1. Right click your desktop 

2. Go to Display Settings 

3. Select "Advanced Display Settings" (If needed - Make a note of the current resolution) 

4. Choose the resolution 1280 X 720

5. Launch ETS2.

6. If you can see video output go to the ETS2 settings and ensure the resolution is set to your default monitor settings (native resolution)

7. Exit ETS2

8. Now follow the same instructions to set your display resolution back to your original screen resolution via windows. 

In some case: ALT + ESC and then going back to the game sometimes fixes the issue. 

Hey There!

As you see the black screen the simple thing you have to do is wait. It may take 5-10 minutes. I have this before and many others i'm guessing your new, so welcome! Just wait and this wont happen again. And Please look at this topic ;

Hopefully, I was able to answer your question

76561198137570016.pngAddFriend.png

Hello @aicaba,

you might want to have a look what is written here because it exactly suits your current problem.

Hopefully, it will work again for you again after you have tried the suggested things in the topic above :)

Kind regards,

Anriandor

This may fix your black screen issue / mouse issue: 

1. Right click your desktop 

2. Go to Display Settings 

3. Select "Advanced Display Settings" (If needed - Make a note of the current resolution) 

4. Choose the resolution 1280 X 720

5. Launch ETS2.

6. If you can see video output go to the ETS2 settings and ensure the resolution is set to your default monitor settings (native resolution)

7. Exit ETS2

8. Now follow the same instructions to set your display resolution back to your original screen resolution via windows. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

If the above fails to solve your "mouse issue" : 

Go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2 and delete the config.cfg file. 

Then go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2/profiles/profileID and delete the config + controls.sii files from there.

Relaunch ETS2 and attempt to re-calibrate your game controls, that is if your mouse works again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Failing that, then the last solution: 

1. Go to Steam Library

2. Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

3. Properties

4. Local Files

5. Verify Integrity of Game Files and wait for this process to complete 

6. Run the game in Direct X 64 bit via singleplayer.

If you have any problems understanding or following the instructions, then feel free to contact me and I will help you out further. 

Wait !! 

When you press F7+enter , you must wait 15-20 minutes and game will start work normally.

Since the topic has been inactive for 7 days, it will be moved to unsolved.

Thank you for participating.

/best answer marked & moved to unsolved