Helpers Union for a Cleaner EU2

Andrea Vaillant

Are you in?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in?

• Yes :D
    • No

2 hours ago, DJ Jefferz HMFL TFM FME said:

The rule doesn't specify parking on or around. Just driving to and from. I really don't get this negativity.

Wrong, quoting from rules.

Inappropriate Parking

Parking or stopping in areas of high population for no reason such as Rotterdam Port or anything similar, using the designated car parks is fine (This is fine when there is low traffic in the area). Parking or stopping is always forbidden in No Parking Zones (pictures in second post, see forum thread In-game rules). This now includes the Calais to Duisburg road during excessive traffic.

Even if "using the designated car parks is fine", remember that: (This is fine when there is low traffic in the area). And there aren't designated parking spaces there anyway.

Reading that you guys are tired of driving on DC road while you could easily avoid it by taking faster and safer alternatives (highway) is hilarious to be honest. You know what you're going to see and what could happen while driving there. While we try to do our best to keep that road clean, we still can't be there 24/7 since there are other servers and other places to check we suggest to change road and to NOT "spam" reports there, since unless you're driving there for a real reason (because a job took you there usually...) you can't park there or add useless traffic, as I said.

18 hours ago, Andrea Vaillant said:

Hi guys.

As you all know EU2 is full of bad players and playing in it can be frustrating. Admins can't control everything and they aren't so active.

Since they are not paid for it i don't want to accuse them.

Yeah I have seen players who disregard what ETS2 is really meant to be about, treating the simulation like a Truckers F1 racing track. Only last night (in Poland, a low populated area) I was making a right turn at a crossroads not far from the depot when I was hit by a lunatic coming the other way costing me 1.2% damage. He didn't even stop, just kept booting it to the drop off point treating corners like a straight! I must familiar myself with capturing these events for reporting purposes although I also (when irritated by these types of knocks) need to remember that game mecahnics, lag, etc could mean the driver was not even aware of me being there!

I don't think that vigilante policing is the way to go. Give some people a bit of power and it goes to their head or they abuse the purpose of what it is intended to achieve. We all know that personal beliefs can affect a persons judgement to a point where they persecute a particular person, company or country. I am sure the Admins do all they can to keep things on a level and deal with the problems faced on the servers but no matter how much extra policing, cameras, etc. that is put into the game, there will still be those players who totally ignore rules and some that do it on purpose just to wind other players up.

What could help with some of this problem would be more realistic handling of the tractor units and trailers. Too fast on corners/junctions, too heavy braking, etc., causes a higher chance of losing traction, skidding off the road, jack-knifing and even units/trailers overturning. All the above resulting in a far higher cost of repairs.

My 2 cents.

12 hours ago, Slice'N'Dice said:

Yeah I have seen players who disregard what ETS2 is really meant to be about, treating the simulation like a Truckers F1 racing track. Only last night (in Poland, a low populated area) I was making a right turn at a crossroads not far from the depot when I was hit by a lunatic coming the other way costing me 1.2% damage. He didn't even stop, just kept booting it to the drop off point treating corners like a straight! I must familiar myself with capturing these events for reporting purposes although I also (when irritated by these types of knocks) need to remember that game mecahnics, lag, etc could mean the driver was not even aware of me being there!

I don't think that vigilante policing is the way to go. Give some people a bit of power and it goes to their head or they abuse the purpose of what it is intended to achieve. We all know that personal beliefs can affect a persons judgement to a point where they persecute a particular person, company or country. I am sure the Admins do all they can to keep things on a level and deal with the problems faced on the servers but no matter how much extra policing, cameras, etc. that is put into the game, there will still be those players who totally ignore rules and some that do it on purpose just to wind other players up.

What could help with some of this problem would be more realistic handling of the tractor units and trailers. Too fast on corners/junctions, too heavy braking, etc., causes a higher chance of losing traction, skidding off the road, jack-knifing and even units/trailers overturning. All the above resulting in a far higher cost of repairs.

My 2 cents.

Want a trick, never ever drive on any other server than EU#1, this one enforce speed limits which detract most of the trolls and rammers away, and cars aren't allowed so even less chance to be hit by a rammer on EU#1

76561198104067447.png

2 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

Want a trick, never ever drive on any other server than EU#1, this one enforce speed limits which detract most of the trolls and rammers away, and cars aren't allowed so even less chance to be hit by a rammer on EU#1

LOL I was on EU#1 ;P

Yes you are right, that server with it's restrictions (realism) suits me fine (its preferred).

On 19.5.2017 at 3:51 PM, Andrea Vaillant said:

As you all know EU2 is full of bad players and playing in it can be frustrating.

In my opinion, the majority of players drive exemplary good.

Have you considered using one of the other servers instead (EU#1, EU#3, EU#4,...) to mitigate your frustrations?

- You can go in free camera to record and report reckless drivers. No matters how,just go and hunt for some noobs!

That equals a witch-hunt.

Furthermore, you imply that only new players violate in-game rules. Unless you provide prove, I doubt that accusation.

-You can, after having proved to me that you are reliable,and with explicit admin's permit, try to help in jammy intersections,like the C-D one, by acting like an urban vigilant, alternately blocking with your car

each lane.

How in particular you expect prove of reliability?

Between you and me, your suggestion sounds like a vendetta.

I suggest that you enjoy the game in its original sense and only record incidents when they directly affect you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived