INITIALIZING PROBLEM

sabasguille

Question

Hi, here spotting fro Spain. Well,I have a problem when I initialize the game, let´s ee if you can help me. When i double click to open the game, my pantail gets black, I can hear the sound of the game initializing (i mean, the sound of the motor roaring), but I cannot see anything. When it finishes, it appears the menu to choose a profile. That moment I can see the pantail, but my mouse doesn´t move. I´ve tried several times to uninstall and again install the game, and the same problem continues. Might it be because of my computer?

Thanks

9 answers to this question

This may fix your black screen issue / mouse issue: 

1. Right click your desktop 

2. Go to Display Settings 

3. Select "Advanced Display Settings" (If needed - Make a note of the current resolution) 

4. Choose the resolution 1280 X 720

5. Launch ETS2.

6. If you can see video output go to the ETS2 settings and ensure the resolution is set to your default monitor settings (native resolution)

7. Exit ETS2

8. Now follow the same instructions to set your display resolution back to your original screen resolution via windows. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

If the above fails to solve your "mouse issue" : 

Go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2 and delete the config.cfg file. 

Then go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2/profiles/profileID and delete the config + controls.sii files from there.

Relaunch ETS2 and attempt to re-calibrate your game controls, that is if your mouse works again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Failing that, then the last solution: 

1. Go to Steam Library

2. Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

3. Properties

4. Local Files

5. Verify Integrity of Game Files and wait for this process to complete 

6. Run the game in Direct X 64 bit via singleplayer.

If you have any problems understanding or following the instructions, then feel free to contact me and I will help you out further. 

10 hours ago, EnLight said:

My solution you referred to above may work with multiplayer, so please do not feel afraid to try it.

However you claim singleplayer works and it is only on mutliplayer the blackscreen / freezing of the mouse occurs?

Before you answer the question below, ensure you try my solution above. 

Q. Do you have any devices such as a wheel / game controller plugged in? If so; which make and model?

I dont have any devices. I´ve done the things i know how to do. I´ve changed my resolution to 1280x720, and ensured the game had theresolution i previously had. I dont know how to do the other things. In your second option, the one of the steam library, THE GAME WORKS!!! THANKS A LOT!!!

On 5/18/2017 at 5:26 PM, sabasguille said:

I ment the ets2mp, will this setting work with the multiplayer version? The ets2 works perfectly, but its the mp version which doens´t work

My solution you referred to above may work with multiplayer, so please do not feel afraid to try it.

However you claim singleplayer works and it is only on mutliplayer the blackscreen / freezing of the mouse occurs?

Before you answer the question below, ensure you try my solution above. 

Q. Do you have any devices such as a wheel / game controller plugged in? If so; which make and model?

Do you have a backup of your ets2 folder in my documents? The same happened to me until I copied across my backup and replaced it and it worked. 

5 hours ago, oolala11 said:

Do you have a backup of your ets2 folder in my documents? The same happened to me until I copied across my backup and replaced it and it worked. 

I cannot understand sorry, y english level is not so nice... hheehe

1 hour ago, sabasguille said:

I dont have any devices. I´ve done the things i know how to do. I´ve changed my resolution to 1280x720, and ensured the game had theresolution i previously had. I dont know how to do the other things. In your second option, the one of the steam library, THE GAME WORKS!!! THANKS A LOT!!!

I am guessing your problem is now solved, am I correct?