Rules tab on launcher

InvasiveSpark

Suggestion Name: Rules added to the launcher or sign in page

Suggestion Description: Add a tab on the launcher or sign-in page which contains the in-game rules.

Example images: none

Why should it be added? So that the rules will be easier to find for new people so that they don't have to go looking for the rules on the website. This would mean they know the rules before heading into MP. (i feel some new peopkle dont go looking for the rules)

• Upvote 1

signature_cao.png

2 hours ago, Daniellus_PL said:

Good idea. Many new members dont know where to find rules. It will be good to place somewhere button to this rules. For example on Server List menu. 

Well new players can't even download the mod without having a prompt window with all the rules in. 

But honestly, if it's a constant thing, it would get annoying, especially to us who adhere to the rules, yet if it's tucked away on a tab, then chances are it's not read. 

@Anriandor personally, a modification to the current way would be to make every rule a tick box that has to be read and checked before you are able to download the launcher, at least then new people have at least some time to read the rules, even if it's just scanning through...

If I remember correctly, similar things like this have been suggested before..

And it's pretty easy to find the in-game rules, people just have to head over to information! This might be too much effort for some people, but if they get banned they regret that they didn't read the rules...

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

• 3 weeks later...

not sure for a + or -.

I support and like the idea for the new drivers who actually want to read, know the rules and abide by them. Then again, if they did want to do that, they would have right before they downloaded the client when the rules pop up for them to read and acknowledge. If they didn't care about it then.. chances are they probably wouldn't care about it even after downloading the client and they become what you would call potential trolls who just download the client and treat everything here as Need for Speed or GTA gaming.

If they were legit and really wanted to view said rules again or even for (returning players/refresher for updated rules), that's where your idea comes in handy/more user-friendly. But then again, and like what ThatCrazyPillow has said, rules are also available in Information. So if one wanted to find the rules.. I do believe it's quite easy already.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

To be honest this would work. Maybe only the main rules to be up there so people know and a warning that you will get banned if you don't follow the rules maybe? I get @Anriandor s point, but for older members and new alike the benefits would outweigh the cons.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.