Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Fix the Skoda Brakes!

ualdriver

Suggestion Name: Add better brakes to the car

Suggestion Description: Add stronger brakes to the skoda car, currently the skodas brakes are worse than all of the trucks, making it unrealistic

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: In a scenario in which a truck brakes very fast, one driving a skoda vehicle will often crash into the trailer causing both vehicles to be damaged. Additionally, better brakes will make driving the skoda much easier.

Hi there iSethOk,

This is just a guess, but its normally the ones who travel fast with the car who complain about the brakes not being good enough.

The car is not the issue, it never has been; its the users who travel far too fast with them, and then can't slow down when they want to stop.

If you travel a little slower when driving the car, and turn up your brake intensity in settings, you'll find a massive difference.

Therefore, I won't be supporting your suggestion on this occasion.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

So drive trucks. It's a truck simulator after all. I'd like the Scouts to have a better braking, a lot less weight and a lot less power (though I don't drive Scouts, but I'm sick of being rammed by people driving them out of control and destroying my truck/cargo while they keep driving like nothing), but the developers have said that the physics in the game make the Scouts to be the way they are and can't be changed. If you can't brake in time with the highest braking sensitivity, then you're going too fast. Drive slower and you'll have no problems.

-1 from me.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]

Just now, BerkaYYY said:

I think the skoda needs to be entirely out of play or restricted.

You can just use EU1 if you don't like the cars, no need to remove them completely from the game.

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Hello, it is true that the Skoda does not brake very hard, however as said before put your brakes to the maximum.

And normally, if you respect the speed limits, the safety distances with other players and the highway code, you will have no worries and you will see that the Skoda is a good car.  And in reality, she has good brakes.;) 

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

It's not that easy as the games handling presets and physics are for big trucks, not small, lightweight cars, hence why the brakes are like bottle caps and the whole thing weighs as much as a fully loaded truck and trailer. The best solutions are to adjust your brake sensitivity slider when driving the scout which will give you sharper brakes, akternatively you can use the method I use which is to shift down gears quickly when trying to stop fast, it will make you stop in a short distance. 

2 hours ago, BerkaYYY said:

I think the skoda needs to be entirely out of play or restricted.

Nope, highly unlikely to happen as the scout has a years worth of work in it, just to get it working in multiplayer, in fact, it originally was intended to just be available to admins, so think yourself lucky we have it at all. Furthermore, it's not the cars fault, it's the boy racers who decide to drive them at full speed all the time, those are the people who would drive a fully loaded truck and trailer the same way. It's not the vehicle, it's the driver. 

But out if you really hate the scout, play eu1 where the scout is not allowed or simply only drive in the furthest east or north areas of the Map to avoid most traffic.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-16 at 5:30 PM, Attach said:

Hi there iSethOk,

This is just a guess, but its normally the ones who travel fast with the car who complain about the brakes not being good enough.

The car is not the issue, it never has been; its the users who travel far too fast with them, and then can't slow down when they want to stop.

If you travel a little slower when driving the car, and turn up your brake intensity in settings, you'll find a massive difference.

Therefore, I won't be supporting your suggestion on this occasion.

Most of the times I do the pilot role in my VTC´s convoys, and I will differ from what you wrote.
Skoda´s brakes are not even close to being good when braking, especially in emergency brakes, which are always made in this game and they aren´t always our fault, maybe someone connected in front of us, maybe someone did not give us way when he had to. This happens, and a lot, even at slow speeds like 50km/h on a city road.
Drive safely!

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

There is nothing wrong with the brakes on the car; if you want better brakes, increase your braking sensitivity, or even better, slow down, so you don't have to use the brakes so much, or use them as hard.

The chances are that you use the Skoda car at a high speed, and subsequently can't slow down when you want to stop.

In addition, been suggested and rejected many times over, so please use the search function before suggesting again.

Due to the above reasons, rejected.

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.