Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Double Trailers

DaStrobel

Suggestion Name:

Double Trailers

Suggestion Description:

My Suggestion is to add the Double Trailers again to the MP.

Any example images:

unbenannty3sprl4xen.png

maxresdefault9gwqfbh6rn.jpg

ets2mpdoubletrdx6t8asgz.jpg

Why should it be added?:

You had said, that the Trailers comes with the Scandinavia DLC. thats been a while, the thing, wich i dont like is, that u NEVER made a public test for it. U allways say "its difficult to driving, etc. But hey, lets make a public test for everyone, so all players can try them. In a lot of videos i have seen, that driving with isnt sooooo difficult. only the Parking, but i would like to have a toggle function. F.e: Press "Q" to get a secound trailer, and press it again to remove it.

Thats my idea for it, pls stop saying "no, we wont add them"

You have allready created them, i have found the dolly in ur coding, pls give yourself a little push to add them for a test.

Best Regards

17 minutes ago, SimulatorExperiencer said:

Those double trailers  that scs software  is making,  truckersmp won't be able to  use them, as they said before  no double trailers.

Someone asked Clarkinator if they would be added during his stream. His response was along the lines of "I don't see why not", adding implication that TruckersMP are going to be supporting the double trailers created by SCS.

Edited by Mirrland

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

1 hour ago, SimulatorExperiencer said:

Those double trailers  that scs software  is making,  truckersmp won't be able to  use them, as they said before  no double trailers.

They said that before, indeed. But that was before SCS managed to solve the physics problems. In fact, MP developers had already made tests with doubles, when SCS was still just talking about them, but they couldn't release them because in following updates from SCS, the games physics changed making those doubles impossible to handle. Currently, that problem seems to have disappeared, so I guess that giving MP players the chance to drive doubles will be a GO when they are released in the game.

• Upvote 1

They may not seem hard to drive on video, but believe me (as I have and still do streams with them) they are not easy to drive. The brakes don't work properly, the dolly can hit the ground sometimes with WILL throw either 1 or both trailers to the side. Then you've got the handling of the in corners, which you need to take differently on small corners. As it says in the 'Frequently Suggested' topic, these will not be added to MP. The SCS ones on the other hand are likely a different story.

• Upvote 4

The upcoming update with the doubles needs to be supported to play in MP anyways. If MP wouldn't support the update, the updates after the double trailers also wouldn't be supported which will lead to everybody needing to downgrade to be able to play MP...

• Upvote 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

On 16/05/2017 at 4:12 PM, [ConSecGroup]fidget3306 said:

This has been suggested before, but that said it is a good idea. The SP version of the game is being updated to include double trailers which means the MP update will soon follow. Personally I am not sure if this is good or bad as some people can't drive with the normal trailers. However I remain optimistic. 

Really it depends on how SCS code doubles to work and what types of drop offs you may encounter, I would expect that for the rear trailer drops, there would be much easier drop offs to accommodate those who struggle to reverse trailers, the best practice you can have is downloading a tandem mod and reversing that as the tandem is usually shorter and is mich further back than you are used to.

but in hindsight p,doubles should be easy as long as you don't rush, most people screw up parking trailers because they rush trying to do all moves in a matter of seconds which never works, you're better off doing it slow and jumping back and forth to line up than trying to jackknife yourself. 

As for doubles in mp, as the update is set to drop soon, it won't be long before mp gets doubles.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:49 AM, DaStrobl [GER-ENG] said:

Suggestion Name:

Double Trailers

Suggestion Description:

My Suggestion is to add the Double Trailers again to the MP.

Any example images:

unbenannty3sprl4xen.png

maxresdefault9gwqfbh6rn.jpg

ets2mpdoubletrdx6t8asgz.jpg

Why should it be added?:

You had said, that the Trailers comes with the Scandinavia DLC. thats been a while, the thing, wich i dont like is, that u NEVER made a public test for it. U allways say "its difficult to driving, etc. But hey, lets make a public test for everyone, so all players can try them. In a lot of videos i have seen, that driving with isnt sooooo difficult. only the Parking, but i would like to have a toggle function. F.e: Press "Q" to get a secound trailer, and press it again to remove it.

Thats my idea for it, pls stop saying "no, we wont add them"

You have allready created them, i have found the dolly in ur coding, pls give yourself a little push to add them for a test.

Best Regards

DOUBLE TRAILERS ARE ARRIVING EARLY SUMMER, WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS?!

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

• 1 year later...

While the above-mentioned statement is true, there are double trailers anyway. The Add-On Team is not going to add such dolly variants since they might very well be an option for SCS to look into. Also, not too long ago I rejected a similar suggested. More reasons can be found there.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.