TruckersMP Giveaways

Why does logging in through Twitch require "managing of followed channels", and "view paid subscriptions" permissions for Gleam? Or "Manage your YouTube account" permissions for logging in through YouTube, mind you that means "View and manage your YouTube activity, including posting public comments". I'd expect that a Facebook or Twitter login have similar permission requirements, but I don't have accounts on those.

To put it mildly, that is very dodgy. 0/10 would not recommend participating in giveaway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FirestarteR93 said:

^I doubt if a Project manager would post it if it was fake...

Not fake, but the permissions required by Gleam.io are not acceptable. On top of that, you can't stoop much lower than giveaway entries for likes or follows too. You're probably all giving your personal information, accounts, E-Mail addresses away for marketing purposes ;)

Next thing you know, an unknown affiliate of Gleam.io sells Streamers "followers", because they have permission to manage all your followed channels on Twitch etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1