Since Heavy Haul is here we need a new rule.

Lil Mosey

So today on the Calais-Duisburg road before all the traffic I was hauling the Rex Tex Crane to Rotterdam and was overtaken by a car and I had to shift down back to 5th. With the new heavy haul DLC it's very hard for us heavy haulers to speed up, it's a lot harder for us to speed up than regular trucks. I recommend adding a rule where you can't overtake heavy haulers since it might force us to slow down a lot and it will be hard to get out speed back.

Like the comment above, don't go on C-D road, highways and little roads in south of France are clear of trolls too and wait you to drive on ;)

But, for the C-D, I don't think add a rule to forbid heavy cargos is a good idea, I think add a rule to forbid useless traffic ( tractors without trailer and cars ) is more efficient to stop madness on this road ;)

17 minutes ago, jjcruiser said:

recommend adding a rule where you can't overtake

Hello jjcruiser,

I would like to point out that there already is a rule concerning the process of overtaking in areas with large amounts of traffic. Since the road between Calais and Duisburg is often highly crowded, the following rule applies to this road as well.

You will be kicked for overtaking on this road if you get caught doing so.

In-game Rules:

• Inappropriate Overtaking

Overtaking in an area of extremely low FPS, in areas with large amounts of traffic such as in Europoort, overtaking resulting in an accident or anything similar. This also includes overtaking on any 1 lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

Iv Gota be honest and say that most gamers iv come in contact with so far have given me more space and understanding when they see the heavy dlc I'm hauling .

weather this is out of curiocity or understanding I have no idear . 

But I also go along with most of the responses to this thread . So far iv avoided all the hot spots on the map 

I was driving on a 2 lane mountain way in Austria, While going up I was doing just 20KM/H, on full throttle and automatic gearbox, when I was overtaken by a truck with at least 730HP (I think I had 460HP) and the same load 55 tonnes as I had.
Just to be sure we did not end up racing up the hill, I stopped the truck. So he could pass. But I did not have any issue with that. 
Maybe because I use full auto gearbox, it is somewhat easier for me to start again against a H-shifter.

What I try to say, it is your attitude that mostly matters, if it is a issue. 

What I do want to know, how to behave on a 2x2 motorway.
Do I need to stay on the right lane going up 30KM/H or emergency lane (If available).
Am I allowed to go that slow on the motorway going up hill, or do I need to upgrade my engine to 730 ~ 750 HP? Because then I do not slow down that much, when hauling 55+ tonnes.

The speed is what makes it fun though, at least in my opinion. If you want to speed up quicker then use a regular trailer or get a more powerful truck geared towards heavy loads. Adding a rule where you can't overtake heavy haulers is also unfair for others, if we are on a 1 lane road with no oncoming traffic then we should be able to overtake any driver provided the overtaker doesn't cause an accident.

What's the point? If they overtake you then they're faster, which means they won't slow down in most cases cause they're faster than you. If you do then you'll probably end up slowing down either way.

Also, as said previously, it'll force faster drivers to slow down which would be annoying in single lanes.

Maybe I need to experience those situations more often to understand? But this is my take on it from an amateur driver's perspective.

I would stay far and wide away from C-D if you have a heavy trailer. Also if you're struggling to match the speed limit with other people behind you then you should show a bit of respect and let them through safely (by slowing down or pulling off into a gas station or something) instead of forcing them to crawl along behind you or make a potentially dangerous overtake.

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

-1 from me

We can't make a rule based off of a single use case. Like others have suggested, simply don't go through the CD route. There are also rules in place to try and keep players from overtaking traffic on that route anyways.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Common sense dictates every responsible road user the following three precepts:

1. Overtaking is only allowed if you can ensure that no other road user is jeopardized during the entire overtaking process.

2. Overtaking is not allowed if prohibited by traffic signs or in-game rules or if the traffic situation is not clear.

3. Do not overtake in crossroads, at pedestrian crossings or railway crossings.

Disregarding these rules must be considered as an act of reckless driving and shall be punished accordingly.

For starter, as already mentioned: there is a rule against overtaking in populated areas.

When playing the mod you also have to abide by local traffic regulations, for Europe this means that you are not allowed to overtake on a hill when climbing. On top of that all traffic that is going uphill has priority over traffic going downhill.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

On 16.5.2017 at 10:38 PM, NoTime4name said:

I would stay far and wide away from C-D if you have a heavy trailer. Also if you're struggling to match the speed limit with other people behind you then you should show a bit of respect and let them through safely (by slowing down or pulling off into a gas station or something) instead of forcing them to crawl along behind you or make a potentially dangerous overtake.

Anyone that makes the decision to make a dangerous overtake is a *** and probably doesn't have the patience to wait just a few minutes for a large vehicle.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

• 2 weeks later...

Archived