Raise the maximum of players. (So more people can join)

Hevar

Suggestion Name: Raise the maximum limit of player base

Suggestion Description: Instead of 3500, make it like 4000 or 4500, in Europe 2, so more people can join because its always full and 200-400 quoue

Any example images: Nah

Why should it be added?:Tired to wait in quoue and so more people can join

2a7trx0.png

Join a different server then, if they keep increasing the player limit on the EU #2 server it will,

1. Make the admins job even harder, the more players the more in-game reports and things to moderate

2. More stress on the server, meaning for more lag and expensive upgrades to help stop that lag.

Hi Hevar,

Increasing the number of players allowed on the server will increase the amount the team have to spend on the servers, as they are expensive, and as mentioned, will most likely increase lag and connection issues.

In my opinion, no need for more spaces on the servers; the servers are not normally this full, and in a week or so, they will be back to normal, with room on all servers. With the new DLC, this sort of thing is expected, but won't last forever.

Have a great day.

• Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

i think for now* ( at the moment to write those line )... 

we have:

6 ETS server different for a total of : 14 900 players total ! ( calcul is : EU1 2300 // EU2 3500 // EU3 2300 // EU4 2500 // EU5 2300 // EU6 2000 ) 

1 Hong Kong server which is nearly or alway empty.. 

2 ATS server for a total of : 3500 players total ( calcul : EU2(ATS)2000 US1 1500 )

and only on ETSMP EU 2/3/4 are at 88/95% in peek hours... ( we know all server cant be full to make sure everything run soomthly.. ) 

that mean EU 1/5/6 are enough empty to see you there... 

By increasing the number of players on ONE server will cause more :

Lag Spike

desynchronization of the game / players

Admin will not be able to take all In-Game Report 

the idea isnt bad ... but i dont think for now mayby in the next years or two .. but not for now.. we have enough space to fit in.. 

3 hours ago, revoluti0n said:

It's not surprising with the influx of players these suggestions would appear.

1. The game is currently $5 max on Steam due to a sale.

2. New DLC

As mentioned above by @Attach it should be back to normal soon.

Note, the sale ended today. 

you're wrong, it's may 19.

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

If it's a general increase for all servers to a uniform number, then sure, but it's all about the user numbers and how much the server can take,I know I the past when numbers were increased a lot, the server could t cope and the amount of lag, desync and stupidity went through the roof. 

What would be be better would be to setup another of the servers to mimic EU2 and give people a incentive to join this server instead of queuing for EU2. 

It's actually a good idea, but more slots  means more traffic, more jams, more idiots...

They should stop making it to 4000 and ending. If there's a jam on Calais-Duisburg, we are all lost with 0FPS if there were so many players. Yesterday there was already a jam with about 600 players, from Netherlands - Duisburg...

Hi.

3500 slots are more than enough. IMO many players (i guess 15-20 %) are "blocking" slots by doing simply nothing but standing in the service stations or garages, only avoiding of being kicked off for no activity.  Very often when I'm back from a trip, to the place where I start, I see "familiar faces" in the same spot as they were before. ("I'm just gonna stood here let the others see how cool my truck is")

Other thing is that players (somehow) are focusing on areas with the highest trafic ratio instead of traveling across whole map. 

• 2 months later...

There are many servers available for you to join: 4 EU servers.  Also, by increasing the capacity; there will be more offenses in areas such as the C-D road and can increase the lag and issues with connections.  This also has been suggested before and rejected; so please use the search function

Spoiler

Rejected

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.