Reporting Idea

Suggestion Name: Picture Report
Suggestion Description: When you send a report you can take a picture and the picture is shown in the Report which admins can open in fullscreen.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: Admins have proof pictures and still can kick/ban when an Admin comes too late to the scene

Hi there @Bertox,

Firstly, I understand your suggestion, and some parts, I like; but I don't really think its needed, and won't be very useful in many cases. Below are the reasons why -

1. Opening an picture in-game is going to be very hard, and is going to take quite a lot of time.
  2. For most cases of trolls in-game, screenshots are not enough to prove a person(s) have been trolling. You need a video in most cases.
  3. There is already a report system on the website (http://truckersmp.com/reports) where you can attach a picture, so sending a picture in-game is not going to be helpful really.
  4. As already said, screenshots are not enough to prove someone needs a ban. The only cases where a person can be proved ban-worthy from a screenshot is Insulting or Profanity.

So, to come to a conclusion on this, I don't really support your suggestion, so I'm giving it a -1 on this occasion.

Have a great evening.

• Upvote 2

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

-1 for reporting, whether in game or on the website, screenshots/pictures are no good as they don't show what happened before or after the incident occurred, so for an admin, it's difficult to determine who's in the wrong and who's in the right from a static photo, that's why video evidence is always excepted.

plus, instead of holding up in game admins while they try and piece together what exactly happened in the server, if there was a constant video feed on every road that looks in all directions, then that would be a much better tool, it's just impossible, same as your idea.

While i like the idea i don't think that it would work out how you think it would because as said by a few people above picture evidence isnt really sufficient for certain infractions. -1

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

• 1 month later...

Like says in the previous answers, it's a bad idea because, the pictures isn't sufficient sometimes

But good luck to your suggestion ;)

Edited by Caernage

• 1 month later...

This has now been implemented, with the additional use of a 2 minute video recording, or 'demo' which Admins will view when accepting and dealing with reports.

Done.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.