Country flag next to the name (tag)

Paulistex

Suggestion Name: Country flag next to the name (tag)

Suggestion Description: Put a flag on the trucker's ID

Any example images: forum.thumb.png.1baa62ec5aa18cde85b71bc8d11fb911.png

Why should it be added?: Would allow for better visual communication, which would be highly valued by many truckers! (remembering: this will be optional)

Edited by Paulistex
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Creatured said:

has been suggested before and it wouldn't really be that handy due to people using VPN services

But you would select the country flag in the settings... as we do with the tag today

5 minutes ago, Hyperspace said:

nah, we dont need that.

i was driving and someone spoke russian with [RUS] in their name, so.... -1

With the flag, [RUS] could be replaced by another text, preferably the player's

I will speak Portuguese because we are BR rs ... I do not think it is very useful, for that legal, but just put for example RUS in the tag that everyone knows that a person is from Russia, do not need to put a flag ;)

2 minutes ago, maluf18 said:

Vou falar português, pois somos BR rs...Não acho que seja muito útil, até que seria legal, mas basta colocar por exemplo RUS na tag que todos já sabem que a pessoa é da Russia, não precisa colocar a bandeira ;)

bom, se tivesses as bandeiras, talvez o [RUS] daria espaço para um outro texto, como o da empresa virtual, por exemplo... mas seria algo opcional, só usariam as bandeiras quem quisesse

English: so, If it had the flags, maybe the [RUS] would give space to another text, like the virtual company, for example... but it would be optional

• Upvote 1

-1 first off, it should never be mandatory, I for one would rather keep what country I'm from to myself and those I work with, just for the simple principle that you can easily get people who will only troll those who are from x country because that's what they feel like doing. 

Also so if you make where people are from public, don't you think you'll get people who will block certain people or name call and disrespect people through the CB over their nationality. It may seem outrageous to mention, but in the world that we live in at the moment, it is entirely possible that it can happen.

besides, there are far more useful and important things that should be added to multiplayer way beforehand. 

I don't live in the country I was born in and I only speak little local language, so I'd have to VPN it to get any relevant use out of it. Will probably lead to a lot of people speaking to me and me not being able to respond. 

Plus, some of us want to keep where we are from hidden, I don't care tbh, I've made it public within view of this post but in game could be irritating, just saying it for the people who do care about hiding where they are from. 

As an optional feature, yeah sure it's not bad, but I wouldn't want it mandatory. 

Edited by Miles!

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

-1 first off, it should never be mandatory, I for one would rather keep what country I'm from to myself and those I work with, just for the simple principle that you can easily get people who will only troll those who are from x country because that's what they feel like doing. 

Also so if you make where people are from public, don't you think you'll get people who will block certain people or name call and disrespect people through the CB over their nationality. It may seem outrageous to mention, but in the world that we live in at the moment, it is entirely possible that it can happen.

besides, there are far more useful and important things that should be added to multiplayer way beforehand. 

4 minutes ago, Miles! said:

I don't live in the country I was born in and I only speak little local language, so I'd have to VPN it to get any relevant use out of it. Will probably lead to a lot of people speaking to me and me not being able to respond. 

Plus, some of us want to keep where we are from hidden, I don't care tbh, I've made it public within view of this post but in game could be irritating, just saying it for the people who do care about hiding where they are from. 

As an optional feature, yeah sure it's not bad, but I wouldn't want it mandatory. 

I understand, I have edited the post to remind you that it is optional. thanks for the comments

-1 I don't think this is needed and not everyone wants to show what country they are from. Many people have their country in their name or tag and some have their country's flag as the profile/steam pic so its already pretty easy to show what country your from already with out this,

I got the country i'm from in my name ;) APL // Killua // Ireland (haven't logged out of the forum yet so my name on the forum hasn't changed)

This is a nice idea tho :) I just don't see the need for it :unsure:

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

It would be a cool add IMO but I don't think it would be necessary when the TMP team can spend time on other more useful things, such as a server side economy system. As mentioned above, those who want to share the language they speak or country they are from can change their profile picture, put a keyword in their name (eg. [RUS] for Russian), or use the window flags DLC and put a country flag outside their truck (although not everybody would see it).

I don't think this is so necessary. As an optional feature, yeah sure it's not bad, but I wouldn't want it mandatory. 

6 hours ago, Miles! said:

On 5/11/2017 at 9:49 AM, Mirko9 said:

-1 from me because if you bought  DLC National flags you can have flag on the mirros and it's easier than developing this suggestion.

You can have flags but its not easy to see them on the move, not a bad idea but it's not needed as we can use profile pic with our country flag.

• Upvote 1

I'm fairly neutral with this idea, it has its ups and downs. As others said though, it should never be compulsory. On top of that, I feel that there would be a large discrimination against certain players' countries due to their country's lackluster reputation for bad driving in-game. However, it would be pretty cool to view which language others speak and possibly make new friends. 

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

No, i think it's useless. About 95% the players have already a flag or the name of the country in their nametag.

+1 from me...  

This would be a neat thing to have in the game, it should absolutely be optional though. That way if it is optional users can disable it if they want. 

On 5/24/2017 at 9:46 AM, KmunBiene said:

No, i think it's useless. About 95% the players have already a flag or the name of the country in their nametag.

The truck flags will only be visible to those who own the DLC, and ATS doesn't have a flag DLC. Also 99.99% of the players I pass in game don't have their country as the tag. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.