Automatic Ban / Automatic Kick

Suggestion Name: Automatic Ban / Automatic Kick

Suggestion Description:

If someone...

- ...drive on opposite direction on highway longer than 30 sec. , they would be kick / ban automatic

- ...block the streets and highways longer than 30 sec. , they would be kick / ban automatic

Any example images: no pic

Why should it be added?: So, the Admins have not lot of work, and the idiots have no chance to troll all the time ;-)

This has been suggested and rejected before I'm afraid.

Plus, this would be very hard to implement and for it to actually work; what if you are stuck in traffic for longer than 30seconds? How is the server going to judge what is blocking etc..?

I like the idea, but its unlikely to happen. Best leave the admins to it ;)

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

-1 I don't see how something like this would be implemented. What if they are stopped at a red light for more than 30 seconds? What if there is traffic ahead? From a programming stand point I'm sure something like this (wrong way, maybe), but the blocking the street would be pretty much impossible to integrate. And then wrong way, what if an admin directs you to do that? Its simply too much work, for a unnecessary reason.

• Upvote 1

I don't think there's currently any way to determine whether the player is on the correct side of the road. This is because SCS make the roads, unlike job locations & service stations etc, universal prefabs which can be used over and over again. They don't assign directional information to them, so I don't think the TruckersMP developer would be able to tap into it.

This is similar to how the developers can't set specific roads to non-collision zones, as it would likely make all roads non-collision as they're the same prefabs.

I hope that makes sense,

Ashley :)

-1 automation never works, it will always penalise the innocent more often than the guilty. 

I mean for example, if you say "auto kick/ban after 30 seconds when blocking streets" well then anyone stuck in a traffic jam, such as in the Calais-Duisburg road, will be banned under the auto system because there are times where you can't move for minute after minute because of traffic, same goes for accident scenes etc. 

As well as that, driving the wrong way is subject to circumstances, let's say you're making one of the harder drops in France or Scandinavia or in ATS where you have to back in on a certain angle, sometimes it's easier to be in oncoming lanes to make the turn than not. Same as if you don't take into consideration roadwork zones and those deliveries in ATS, then yet more innocent people will get banned by an auto system.

for most traffic violations and rule breaking its far easier to record and report the incident and let a human being look at the situation and determine if it's on purpose or on accident/for a legit reason. That's something a auto system cannot do, is decide whether a situation occurred because of other factors or because that player wanted to troll, an auto system just decides everyone is a troll which is wrong. 

Like me I said, say you're sat in a traffic jam or trying to pull into a busy drop off or fuel station on a busy road, are you trying to troll? No. Are you there for a legit reason? Yes. So no punishment is required against that person, but if someone was intentionally blocking traffic, I.e. Parked across lanes of traffic, then it's pretty obvious that it's a troll. 

So really, auto systems for anything but part violations and afk stuff is just subject to the situation. 

Now or if it was an auto alert system which told admins that player x has been blocking y road for more than z time, then that's useful, an admin can then teleport there and see what is going on and determine what to do, kind of like an upgraded ingame report system. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, the base game can detect if you go the wrong way. I had been fined before by a police car after driving on the wrong side longer than I intend and it also occurs on one lane roads if you are driving through it when it goes red. Instead of automatic ban, maybe program it so admins are notified if someone is driving on the wrong side or being afk on the road so that the admins have easier time implementing the rules unless this is already the case.

Auto-kick is possible and already in-effect. When you do not move your vehicle for a certain time, the server kicks you automatically.

For example, if somebody stays in the wrongway or blocks the road more than 45 seconds, it would be wise to kick them out automatically. But ban punishment should never be automatically done by servers. Ban is a way more critical punishment and it effects the player and his/her account.

Great idea but I would only think the auto-kick could be done. The auto-ban wouldn't work as evidence needs to be taken and it would be hard to get when the system is banning people. The best people to ban people are the admins as they can take the evidence themselves.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

It's hard to detect if an user is breaking rules intentional or not. For example: blocking. He could be just waiting for a red light or something that happened in front of him.

Rejected for now.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.