Truck Model and Brand Balancing

BugByte

I was wondering if anyone agrees that truck brands such as Mercedes, Iveco, Renault, etc. need more focus by SCS?  I was buying my Renault Magnum today and noticed that there were only 3 engine choices compared with the 6-7 choices for Scania and Volvo.  Also take into consideration the mighty griffin DLC and the new Scania models coming soon to ETS2.  Anyone have the same feelings/thoughts?  Thanks!

Bug

Oh, you can give SCS advice, but here, I do not know if the SCS official has not been concerned about this TruckersMP

SCS has a very strong partnership with Scania compared to other trucks brands. SCS is working on several trucks for ETS and ATS (MAN Euro 6, Renault Range T, Scania S, Scania R, Freightliner, Volvo...) while only Scania and Paccar seem to give them licenses. Paccar also owns DAF and there are some signs that SCS might release something like the Mighty Griffin DLC for DAF too.

Mercedes along with the DAF e6 were acutally the first trucks to be created with the "new" high quality standard around 2 years ago.

Other brands such as IVECO, MAN or Scania got those updates on textures or model later, so they are not really forgotten.

Also reagarding the engines: Technically they also need a license for the name of the engine, gearbox or what ever part they are using.

And Renault did not offer a lot of different anyway. Only since the recent cooperation/merge with Volvo they started to offer a lot more different engines.

Anyway, the Renaults were always somehow forgotten, because for a long time they were the only brand with out a 6xx Chassis option which got "fixed" a while ago.

Along with the upcomming Heavy haul / overweight DLC, Mercedes will be one of the initial 3 brands that will have a 8xx Chassis option.

Maybe SCS will add the heavy haul 8xx Chassis to other brands as well, but that will be a lincensing thing which can take a long time

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Thank you everyone for commenting!  I did kinda forget how much work it takes to get licence with these companies, and that might also explain for the low selection of trucks in ATS as well.  Hopefully we will see more all-around attention focused on all of the brands.

Bug 

I do not get it, why the truck manufactures are so hard on giving licenses.
Are they afraid company secrets leak out? I mean c'mon they all spy on each other... 
I heard this from a friend of my, that works for a truck factory.
For example. Renault comes out with a new truck. What Volvo does: They buy the new truck from a Renault Truck dealer. Take it completely apart and see what is new.
Then copy the technology they want, change it a bit. And put it in their own truck.
They all do this.

ETS2 is a bit of advertising for them.. There are could be a lot(?) of IRL truck lovers that also have their Truck license, that play this game.
And if they like driving a Renault, they might ask the boss (or if they are self-employed), to buy a Renault truck.

What better way to advertise it than in a game, that a lot of people play?
In my opinion, Scania gets it. That is why Scania has the most engines and the best looking trucks. 
(Yes I drive a Volvo I like the handling better).

I don't know too much on how the licensing works and yes I assume it is a part of why they haven't added more options to different trucks, but I think the reason Scania and possibly Volvo have the most tuning options is because the majority of people use them, probably because they are the most powerful and handle the best (although I think its more the first point ;) ). As mentioned above it could also be that those trucks do not offer all those customization options IRL, and that is why.

What i know from watching from the sidelines of updating fleets in companies: Scania and Volvo offer quite free hands to the customer of what sort of truck they need and want.

Atleast in Nordic countries Scania and Volvo quite far builds-to-order and customize it how customer wants it. You tick boxes and have money, They fit it. With any chassis lenghts, any axlebases, any axle config, whatever cab you want.

I dont know how something like Iveco or Renault builds. Do they push out standard trucks out and offer little custom orders or something. Cannot speak for them. I just know Scania and Volvo gives almost free hands to customer what he wants in it. Sisu takes it up a notch, they build everything according to customer's needs. Any frame lenght, any axle configuration, 10x4 with 3 out of 5 axles liftable? no problem.  Mad scientists that have even successfully mated an ancient dumb Eaton Fuller transmission into a Mercedes engine so that the engine knows whats happening even.

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

18 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

What better way to advertise it than in a game, that a lot of people play?

How many people who play this game would be freelance truckers or have a company for which they could buy a truck?

Probably not so many, so the advertising aspect is not that high ;)

And if a trucker/company buys trucks they probably look at stuff which can't advertised by a game that good, like fuel efficiency, comfort of the driver cabin (maybe)..etc.

And most of them probably will buy a truck of the brand they already have/from the reseller which they are a customer on for years.

On 5/10/2017 at 3:28 AM, Mirrland said:

Indeed, for all we know, SCS might be working on a Renault T truck as we speak :P  

I'm conflicted, I would like for them to be working on a Renault T as well, but in the back of my head I think to myself hmmm more staff on Doubles and Heavy Haul DLC maybe it will come out sooner. But just gotta be patient and keep trucking in the meantime. :) 

I'd love to see more customization on the Renaults, I've never driven a Renault irl but their current range of trucks looks awesome, I see so many on the road and it would be nice to be able to add some more options in-game. Maybe SCS has some more customization options in the pipeline hopefully. 

scs is waiting for licence for man tgx euro 6, renault range t on the ets2 side of things.. scania has given licence for the new truck..

on the ats side its at least the volvo vnl thay are waiting for licence..

volvo group owns renault trucks!

but i dont think we should keep our hopes to high that the licence can be optaint.. it looks like this may not be happening any time soon(tm) :)

sysp-73354.png

Scania new "S" series have 450,580,730 HP engine options. And this series is coming to Euro Truck Simulator in a month or two. Also new Scania "R" generation trucks are expected. And, Renault "Range T" looks quite awesome, especially the interior. But it is not certain whether "Range T" series will be added to ETS 2 or not. And I assume that SCS Software are working on some new truck brands. It is likely that Ford trucks can be added to ETS 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived