Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

about the Launcher

krypto_one

Suggestion Name: able to choose where to install the launcher

Suggestion Description: first when you start the installation process it tells you if you want to install to program files or somewhere else, if you select program files you need admin rights, if you choose somewhere else, you dont need admin rights

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: so that people can play mp without any inconvience

Edited by Hyperspace
made it more clearer

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

45 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ You just change that "default" path to whatever you want, you can install in your Documents folder, Temp folder, even in a different hard drive... I really don't see the point to this suggestion, sorry.

in order to get to the picture shown you have to enter the admin password

been here for 1 year+

owner of ats and ets2

5 hours ago, Hyperspace said:

Suggestion Name: able to choose where to install the launcher

Suggestion Description: first when you start the installation process it tells you if you want to install to program files or somewhere else, if you select program files you need admin rights, if you choose somewhere else, you dont need admin rights

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: so that people can play mp without any inconvience

This is the installation wizard default, with any game / program installation, it will automatically go to C:\program files
The programmers have chosen this path, as this is a default folder. It exists on all Windows computers, and cannot be removed (if you do remove it, your computer stops working).
They cannot go install the game on default on C:\users\%username%\documents because there are people who link documents to a other drive, and creating C:\games also needs a admin password.

If you do not want to have to type in the admin password, you can change it in your Windows settings.
http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/
I linked this so you can find the location of the bar, that controls the admin promt. This guide shows you how to turn it off completely, what is highly not recommended. 

Also running ETS2MP in admin mode, will grant ETS2MP the ability to update itself.

(If you try to install it on a office computer, ask your IT admin, if he can install it for you. Maybe giving him a crate of beer, might help you in that case :P )

19 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

This is the installation wizard default, with any game / program installation, it will automatically go to C:\program files
The programmers have chosen this path, as this is a default folder. It exists on all Windows computers, and cannot be removed (if you do remove it, your computer stops working).
They cannot go install the game on default on C:\users\%username%\documents because there are people who link documents to a other drive, and creating C:\games also needs a admin password.

If you do not want to have to type in the admin password, you can change it in your Windows settings.
http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/
I linked this so you can find the location of the bar, that controls the admin promt. This guide shows you how to turn it off completely, what is highly not recommended. 

Also running ETS2MP in admin mode, will grant ETS2MP the ability to update itself.

(If you try to install it on a office computer, ask your IT admin, if he can install it for you. Maybe giving him a crate of beer, might help you in that case :P )

the "IT admin" is my dad, and he doesnt drink beer.... i have my own pc as well

been here for 1 year+

owner of ats and ets2

• 11 months later...
Spoiler

On 7.5.2017 at 9:24 PM, Will [UK] said:

I'm pretty sure that you can do this already... 

EDIT: You can, e6c9c617587342eb98f72eb1c1cc0558.png

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.