Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Hello Everyone,

First time posting, as I find most of the information already on this forum. However, one thing I am not having any luck with relates to transmission ratios.

Can someone please explain to me how the different transmissions ratios affect speeds, acceleration, and torque.

Much appreciated in advance.

mHhvtMf.png.8b56b1d3c62d0ee159b1923efa072d1a.png

ok brief primer about transmissions:

torque to the wheels is increased by the transmission (most of the time) and differential which can allow the engine to push the load more efficiently.  Simply: engine torque * transmission gear * differential ratio = torque to wheels.  There's horsepower too, but the game doesn't simulate that and it doesn't matter as much as torque when you are hauling 20t in Swedish mountains with a 12L engine

mjds7tB.png

here's a few example transmissions, and the lowest 3 and top 3 gears to show a varied sample of ones in game. Now you may wonder about the gear that's not a direct transfer of engine power, that's called an overdrive gear (and why there's a O on the end of most that have such a gear.)  This gear in theory can allow for the truck to be way faster and be in be an economic RPM range in say Russia.  However, in game, these transmissions are paired to a higher differential ratio resulting in a truck that could cruise on 12th at 1200 RPM at 95 kph instead of 85 for non overdrive for the old Actros (an exaggerated example conpared to most trucks in game, although).

bonus on Allison automatic:

black magic that can increase torque if the wheels would otherwise slip/not move

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived