[SCS Blog] Doubles

SCS Blog

On 6/05/2017 at 2:34 AM, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

Hmmm, i think for ATS this would be a nice addition, but i don't really need doubles in ETS 2 since they are very very unusual for European standards (at least here where i live, i haven't seen a single one in 24 years now). Tandems would have been more suitable for ETS 2, but these doubles are still better than nothing as i can already feel the challenge of reversing them into the parking spot... :P

Reversing is the easy part.... its the opposite to just a semi trailer....  providing you dont swing to much on the steering wheel, the way you turn your wheels, is the way the rear trailer will go :)

8 hours ago, drunktruckmike said:

Reversing is the easy part.... its the opposite to just a semi trailer....  providing you dont swing to much on the steering wheel, the way you turn your wheels, is the way the rear trailer will go :)

It's not really as easy as that. Everyone that played the old 18 Wheels of Steel games might know what i am talking about. You are right, that the rear trailer goes to the same direction your wheels are steering towards, but the tricky part actually is that the front trailer is heading for the opposite direction in the meantime, meaning reversing precisely can become quite a torture. But maybe SCS will come up with something that makes parking these things a bit easier, but back in the day reversing the doubles really took some time and patience... ;)

• Upvote 2

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

On 05/05/2017 at 4:34 PM, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

Hmmm, i think for ATS this would be a nice addition, but i don't really need doubles in ETS 2 since they are very very unusual for European standards (at least here where i live, i haven't seen a single one in 24 years now). Tandems would have been more suitable for ETS 2, but these doubles are still better than nothing as i can already feel the challenge of reversing them into the parking spot... :P

It's common to see doubles here in France, I often meet in two configurations when I have to deliver on port areas like Le Havre.

For example:

With dolly:

Spoiler

30%20%5Bgr%5D.jpg

With Double train:

Spoiler

train-double.jpg

On 7/05/2017 at 6:48 PM, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

It's not really as easy as that. Everyone that played the old 18 Wheels of Steel games might know what i am talking about. You are right, that the rear trailer goes to the same direction your wheels are steering towards, but the tricky part actually is that the front trailer is heading for the opposite direction in the meantime, meaning reversing precisely can become quite a torture. But maybe SCS will come up with something that makes parking these things a bit easier, but back in the day reversing the doubles really took some time and patience... ;)

the front trailer will only go the opposite way if you turn too hard. I use to tow double trailers here in nz, can reverse them no problem, in game well im yet to find out until they arrive. its all about watching whats going on. its easy for me cause i know it, but infact if you have only ever reversed semi trailers its not so easy... but quick to learn tho... jsut gotta pay attention... jsut like anything else to do with trucking