[SCS Blog] Doubles

SCS Blog

Today we have an announcement that should make many of our fans happy. After quite some years of internal discussions and frankly some frustrations and struggles to have the gameplay as well as technical side of multi-trailer physics support ironed out, we finally feel ready to reveal fresh info about our progress on doubles.

It has taken us a long time, but hope never dies! We are polishing double trailers for inclusion in the next major updates for Euro Truck Simulator 2 as well as for American Truck Simulator. We have a few pictures for you to prove that we are serious...

eut2_hq_5909bf19.jpg
eut2_hq_5909c2f7.jpg
ats_hq_5909cf4e.jpg
ats_hq_5909d47e.jpg

Our games' fans have patiently (or not so patiently) waited for double trailers for a long time, and the wait should not be that long any more. The new trailers and physics improvements will be a part of the next big "point release" update of both games. Our hope is to release the updates in early summer. It's going to be a FREE update.

Meanwhile, we are also wrapping up work on Heavy Cargo packs both for ETS2 and for ATS, which are going to be paid DLCs, comparable to our existing High Power Cargo Pack DLC. So if you are into cargo transport in particular, there is a ton of cool stuff to look forward to!
4xg5GncolxM

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

Yay! Free update!

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

Hmmm, i think for ATS this would be a nice addition, but i don't really need doubles in ETS 2 since they are very very unusual for European standards (at least here where i live, i haven't seen a single one in 24 years now). Tandems would have been more suitable for ETS 2, but these doubles are still better than nothing as i can already feel the challenge of reversing them into the parking spot... :P

• Upvote 1

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

My suggestion still is having some kind of level system for the multiplayer.

The level could be connected to the Steam-ID, the TruckersMP account or the WoT account and only when you reach a certain level you are allowed to drive double-trailers in multiplayer.

That way a lot of chaos could be prevented. I'm saying this since the idea of multiplayer-sided double-trailers came up.

Now I think is the time to implement this as fast as possible or chaos will happen in multiplayer.

Edited by Hardy
  • Upvote 2

Can't wait for this update! But I can see one thing being a problem, which is on TruckersMP. If they update MP to this new update soon after it comes out, and lets people pull them, They better have lots of admins on, plus hopefully new rules to go along with it. As there will be people who wont be able to drive (Like turning, heck, some people can't even drive straight now.)

MP is gonna be a mess once they update it. I am really gonna hate to see how people drive with these doubles. It would be an awesome idea if you want to be able to pull doubles on MP, that you have to go through a driving test just to see how you handle them.

9 hours ago, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

Hmmm, i think for ATS this would be a nice addition, but i don't really need doubles in ETS 2 since they are very very unusual for European standards (at least here where i live, i haven't seen a single one in 24 years now). Tandems would have been more suitable for ETS 2, but these doubles are still better than nothing as i can already feel the challenge of reversing them into the parking spot... :P

wherewere you alive 24 years ago

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

20 hours ago, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

Maybe they are not allowed in Austria, but in the Netherlands and Belgium the 25.25 meter combination, are allowed on motorways and roads towards industries locations. (I do not know for other EU countries)
But they are not allowed on C-D roads.

super_truck.jpg

@Dubbeledraaideur [NL] Those types of combo trucks aren't allowed in Italy too (I bet that nobody can drive in Italy roads with a 25 m truck... our roads are pretty narrow). I know they're allowed in Sweden because I watch DrivingBro. Idk about other countries...

Edited by Alex [ITA]

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

In Germany, those trucks are called "Gigaliner" and for years, there has been a heck of political discussions here whether it's reasonable to have them rolling around, or not...

They might be a little unorthodox special feature, but I somehow look forward to them in both games. It's adding a new challenge ^^

However... when I remember playing 18WoS Haulin', I might have to lock myself up in my room to maintain concentration when reversing those trailers :lol:

Concering the C-D "Death Road" in ETS2 MP... it might be the most reasonable method to ban them from that road. There's enough daily choas with normal Euro-Semis already...